Ohio Heritage Conference 2019

going to really be rough for the Rams especially with West Jeff coming to town. what will they do?

i genuinely do feel bad for the kid. he was a great player. and going out hurt your senior year is mentally tough. probably going to hurt his recruiting too

Last edited:
Went to see the WL/BL game, thought it would be a good local rivalry game to see. Wow. WL was good, but what is BL doing? No run game concept that I could see, going for it at your own 29 in the first quarter? The BL kids looked as good as the WL kids warming up, just size and speed wise. Couldnt believe what I saw. Went home at halftime.

Sucks for the Payton kid. Always hate to see a kid lose any game from thier senior season, or any for that matter. They work too hard not to play 10.

Greenon clearly the favorite now in the South. Could MP challenge Greenview for 2nd? IM interested to see Greenon vs. Burg. If its at Burg, I might have to go see that one. Good offense vs. great defense.

I do know he has a little brother thats in the 7th grade that's pretty darn good...so I guess it's not the last we hear the name

Went to see the WL/BL game, thought it would be a good local rivalry game to see. Wow. WL was good, but what is BL doing? No run game concept that I could see, going for it at your own 29 in the first quarter? The BL kids looked as good as the WL kids warming up, just size and speed wise. Couldnt believe what I saw. Went home at halftime.

Sucks for the Payton kid. Always hate to see a kid lose any game from thier senior season, or any for that matter. They work too hard not to play 10.

Greenon clearly the favorite now in the South. Could MP challenge Greenview for 2nd? IM interested to see Greenon vs. Burg. If its at Burg, I might have to go see that one. Good offense vs. great defense.
Greenon vs Burg is at Mechanicsburg. i will for sure make the trip up for that one.

What's the story on Madison Plains this year? I don't know anything about their opponents thus far. Impressive start so far. Could they legit contend in the South? Will they beat Triad on Friday?

West Liberty-Salem/Southeastern Series History
Games played: 25
First played: 1963 (Southeastern 21, WL-S 20)
Last played: 2016 (WL-S 71, Southeastern 21)
WL-S leads the series 17-8.
WL-S leads the series at Southeastern 9-4.
Most Southeastern points: 38 in 1964 (Southeastern 38, WL-S 20)
Most WL-S points: 71 in 2016 (WL-S 71, Southeastern 21)
Most combined points: 92 in 2016 (WL-S 71, Southeastern 21)
Longest Southeastern win streak: 4 (1963-1966)
Longest WL-S win streak: 15 (2002-2016)

If the Payton kid is out, Hard to see GV keeping close. Maybe early, but not late. The Jones kid is the real deal. Reminds me of a MAC RB. Not overly large, or fast, but just gets the job done and plays hard every play. I'd say WJ by 3 scores.

Its mostly haves vs. have nots though this week. Conference did fairly well in the OOC schedule, which will provide much needed playoff points to the contenders. FB going 0-2 will hurt the North teams. I sometimes wonder if the contenders wished the other teams would just go find winnable games in the first two to generate points for the league.

Im interested to see how the FB vs. Greenon game turns out next week. FB is down from last year, but they have played really good compitition so far. Might be closer than the experts think.

Clay is out for this week for sure ........Im hearing he is returning week 8-9 has a small stress fracture....is in a walking boot...hope this news is true he is a baller will make the end of Greeneviews season interesting if he does return

i’m taking
Greenon:56
northeastern:13

i think Greenon can beat Fairbanks, they lost a lot from last year to my knowledge. i’m sure it will be competitive however

I would like to see Plains do something but they are famous for a good start and then they just fall apart!
Several seasons I remember they would start out 4-0 and finish 4-6 or even 5-5.
Don't know a lot about F-town they played last week but only scoring 7, I would say they are down but Westfall week 1 have been down for a few years now.

Mechanicsburg over CC - no let up for Burg the struggle continues
Fbanks over Cedarville - taking the home team and can't believe Fbanks has fallen that bad
West Jeff over Gview - Riders picking up road win but closer game than most predicting
Greenon over NE - keep the momentum going
Triad over Plains - still not a believer!!! Upset soecial of the week
WLS over SE - this one over early

Glad to get league play started, excited to see how it plays out. Appears to be some great battles ahead!!!

I admit it was a drive by quote it took form wls Color, he did say those words but there MAY have been others around it - I got the document from Dan Rather so.........:unsure: I think we are all good. The tigers are a very good, experienced team that very well could win them all, although it is close I think West Jeff is probably the team to beat in the north.

Conference expansion talk ect one observation to that Mechanicsburg is closer to New Albany than Greeneview not that we should trade one for the other but think about that. And this is not football related but I have seen highlights of other sports post season on my local stations and Burg teams be playing in deeper rounds not get covered (on my TV Dayton channels don't come in). Our kids as do all deserve the right fit for getting their accomplishments recognized.

I'm glad to see WJ play Gview, too bad this didn't happen 2 years ago, I believe West Jeff will roll I feel bad for the kid that got hurt but with him or with out Gview is about to be introduced to RR football.
It's too bad there is not a way that the Norh champ could play the South champ and 2 vs 2 3 vs 3 and so on the last week of the season and shrink the crossovers to just 2 games. For the top end it would be lots of fun & hype along with good gates. For the bottom it creates competitive match ups in theory anyway.

Conference expansion talk ect one observation to that Mechanicsburg is closer to New Albany than Greeneview not that we should trade one for the other but think about that. And this is not football related but I have seen highlights of other sports post season on my local stations and Burg teams be playing in deeper rounds not get covered (on my TV Dayton channels don't come in). Our kids as do all deserve the right fit for getting their accomplishments recognized.

London and Madison-Plains left the SCOL for the MSL (Grandview, Bexley, Columbus Academy, Whitehall, Worthington Christian and West Jeff) using the same two reasons as the logic and they lasted all of 3-4 years as full members before bolting for the CBC and OHC. The travel distance is roughly the same or slightly closer in some instances vs. being in the CBC/OHC/SCOL, but travel time is significantly greater due to the time of day you're traveling into and through Columbus. Making scheduled weekday start times for junior high and freshman sports is almost impossible. 10TV and the Columbus Dispatch don't care about covering smaller schools that are well outside of the metro area. Playing in the MSL did very little to nothing for London and MP as far as coverage is concerned.

London and Madison-Plains left the SCOL for the MSL (Grandview, Bexley, Columbus Academy, Whitehall, Worthington Christian and West Jeff) using the same two reasons as the logic and they lasted all of 3-4 years as full members before bolting for the CBC and OHC. The travel distance is roughly the same or slightly closer in some instances vs. being in the CBC/OHC/SCOL, but travel time is significantly greater due to the time of day you're traveling into and through Columbus. Making scheduled weekday start times for junior high and freshman sports is almost impossible. 10TV and the Columbus Dispatch don't care about covering smaller schools that are well outside of the metro area. Playing in the MSL did very little to nothing for London and MP as far as coverage is concerned.
Burg is in central Ohio covering area closer to Columbus than Newark and they sure loved Newark Catholic in their hay day. Dayton stations consider us out of the area as well. If they cover us it’s as the “away” team to the school closer to I-75. The traffic deal is same risk we run now just different challenges at least roads are straight and have multiple lanes!
To be clear I’m not wanting to blow up the ohc but an East division would be fine with me.

Regarding London & Madison Plains leaving the MSL, I think there was a couple of reasons for each school leaving. First, I don't think anyone in the MSL wanted to travel to London and MP, especially during the week. Secondly, for London it was an opportunity to go to a league with some schools they had a history with (Urbana and Jonathan Alder). For MP, I think it was a opportunity to get into a league where they could be more competitive, especially basketball. I think both schools are happy where they are and I think the MSL is happy about not having to travel 45 minutes west of downtown Columbus anymore.

As for West Jeff, I think WJ is very happy being in the OHC. However I have to admit I miss WJ not playing more in Columbus vs Grandview, Columbus Academy & Bexley - a lot of history between the Riders and those 3 schools.

As someone that saw it first hand I don't think it can be stated enough how bad the week day travel sucked in terms of making non-varsity start times on time, and how hard it was for parents to get to games on time when leaving (even early) from work. It's significantly easier to travel from London and Madison-Plains going west towards Springfield, Urbana, etc., even by using single lane state routes, than it is going from those schools to Columbus Academy and Grandview using 70 or 71. It's virtually impossible for Bexley or Academy to go to London or MP and make a 4:45pm or 5:00pm week day game.

Burg is in central Ohio covering area closer to Columbus than Newark and they sure loved Newark Catholic in their hay day. Dayton stations consider us out of the area as well. If they cover us it’s as the “away” team to the school closer to I-75. The traffic deal is same risk we run now just different challenges at least roads are straight and have multiple lanes!
To be clear I’m not wanting to blow up the ohc but an East division would be fine with me.

Mercer county is 60+ miles from downtown Dayton and the local networks don't seem to have any problem showering them with coverage because they legitimately contend for titles every year. The truth is the OHC would get the same if they were delivering the same results. Burg, Triad, MP, etc. has to deliver state final fours and state titles with regularity like Newark Catholic formerly did to get more than a footnote on 10TV or in the Dispatch.

Last edited:
To be fair, I don't see too many OHC schools getting media coverage. Greeneview probably gets the most, but look at where they are logistically from Dayton compared to the others. If the game is a big one, the TV channels will come (I saw them in Mechanicsburg a few years ago when Burg & WLS both met undefeated).