2019 NFL Fantasy Football Talk

I get it now. Not a bad idea. I like that you did the research rather than just follow a common formula. When we went PPR, that's how we came to .66 per catch as that number seemed the best at the time to even things out.

Makes our drafts really interesting. Normal 12 team league will have 9-10 RBs taken in first round.

Ours usually is around 3 TEs, 3 WRs, 1 QB, 5 RBs.

I know that Barkley's the consensus #1 overall FF pick but is anyone else the least bit concerned that Grandpa Eli no longer has his security blanket in OBJ, the Giants are absolutely devoid of offensive talent and teams will likely key on Barkley, loading up the box on defense? I know he's a stud but his production could take a significant dip.

I know that Barkley's the consensus #1 overall FF pick but is anyone else the least bit concerned that Grandpa Eli no longer has his security blanket in OBJ, the Giants are absolutely devoid of offensive talent and teams will likely key on Barkley, loading up the box on defense? I know he's a stud but his production could take a significant dip.
Evan Engram will help out as well and I think Engram will be the biggest beneficiary of OBJ being gone.

As the resident Giants fan on this board, I would say go all in with Barkley this season. 1) Barkley is a generational talent (2,000 all-purpose yards and 15 TDs on a BAD Giants offense last season is beyond stellar). 2) Barkley will always receive a heavy workload including goalline touches as long as he's healthy. 3) The Giants offensive line will be improved with two veteran additions on the right side (they were a bottom 5 unit in the league last season). 4) Giants will likely be a poor deep passing team but Barkley should still get plenty of receptions out of the backfield (he caught 91 passes last season and I thought he was still vastly underused as a receiver).

Not to say that someone like McCaffery or Kamara can outscore Barkley but Saquon will have all the opportunity to expand on last year's successes.

14 Team League:
QB Lamar Jackson ./ M Turbisky
RB J Conner / J. Hill
RB D Freeman
WR D Hopkins or J Brown / C Beasley
WR C Kupp / K Stills
Flex Duke Johnson / A Peterson
TE D Nijoka
K J Lambo
Def Jets / Viking

Never done a 14 team before the picking gets thin quickly

Give my 10 team league later.

14 Team League:
QB Lamar Jackson ./ M Turbisky
RB J Conner / J. Hill
RB D Freeman
WR D Hopkins or J Brown / C Beasley
WR C Kupp / K Stills
Flex Duke Johnson / A Peterson
TE D Nijoka
K J Lambo
Def Jets / Viking

Never done a 14 team before the picking gets thin quickly

Give my 10 team league later.

That seems like a pretty solid squad in a 14 team league. Trubisky is the key. If he has a good year, your team could be dangerous. Several weeks from now, maybe consider trading one of your backs (especially if you have decent depth) for an upgrade at QB or WR. I'm not a believer in Lamar Jackson.

The lack of other offensive threats in the Giants' offense is obviously a concern but not so much that I didn't pick him at 1. I think he's the safest pick there.

I;d also like to thank the guy that took Antonio Brown as I would have taken him at 20 or 21. I'm starting to wish someone would have taken Melvin Gordon out in front of me.

Out of my 3 leagues here is what I think is my best roster (12 teams).

QB - Lamar Jackson (Jameis Winston)
RB - David Johnson (Damien Williams)
RB - Dalvin Cook
WR - Robert Woods (Tyler Boyd)
WR - Chris Godwin (Dante Pettis)
Flex - Kerryon Johnson
TE - Vance McDonald (Darren Waller)
Def - Browns
Kicker - Brett Maher

That seems like a pretty solid squad in a 14 team league. Trubisky is the key. If he has a good year, your team could be dangerous. Several weeks from now, maybe consider trading one of your backs (especially if you have decent depth) for an upgrade at QB or WR. I'm not a believer in Lamar Jackson.
First game Turbisky does look like the season for the bears is hopeful... However I will give him a little more time 2 more games

Ok...So my team has this "problem".

I have Mahomes as my starter and Travis Kelce at TE...

As a backup WR I drafted Sammy Watkins in like the 10th round. Well not only did he blow up for almost 200 yards and 3 TDs but Hill is hurt/out for a few weeks.

I can't start 3 KC players at the same time right?

I am hoping for a trade for Watkins, may package my backup TE (Ebron) for a stud at WR or RB...thoughts? Start 3 KC guys or take what I can get now for Watkins?

Never been a Watkins fan and he has trouble staying healthy, but I would ride him right now while Tyreke is out. Let him have a few good weeks and then sell high on him.

I've hated Watkins since I had him in his younger days and he never lived up to the hype. Similar distaste for Amari Cooper. That being said, you play your best players regardless of the team they're on.

I had on my bench this week:

Michael Gallup (Dallas)
John Brown (Buffalo)
Marquise Brown (Baltimore)
Tom Brady (New England)

I lost by 4 (108-104). If I started any of those 4, I would have won. If I had started all 4, I would have won by 45.

Ok...So my team has this "problem".

I have Mahomes as my starter and Travis Kelce at TE...

As a backup WR I drafted Sammy Watkins in like the 10th round. Well not only did he blow up for almost 200 yards and 3 TDs but Hill is hurt/out for a few weeks.

I can't start 3 KC players at the same time right?

I am hoping for a trade for Watkins, may package my backup TE (Ebron) for a stud at WR or RB...thoughts? Start 3 KC guys or take what I can get now for Watkins?

you start all 3 KC guys. every week. with no T Hill they'd have to have a complete clunker for you not to score a ton of points. don't trade Watkins unless someone is giving you a MONSTER RETURN.

otherwise, enjoy the 60+ points per week that you're going to get from those 3.

who should i start as my wr1, wr2, and flex
i have dede westbrook, curtis samuel, hardman and robinson from the chiefs, and chris carson

Yikes, cabezadecoochie is really rattled.

Anyways, in my work league (the league I have the best chance of winning), my TE Waller is on a bye and I picked up Everett from the Rams.

However, I dropped my kicker to get him, so unless I play this week without a kicker, I have to pick up a kicker/drop a skill player to fill out my team for the week.

Who would you drop out of Winston (back-up QB), Marquis Brown (4th WR), Devonta Freeman (4th/5th RB) and Damien Williams (4th/5th RB)?

Keep in mind I'm 12 of 12th on waivers so whoever I drop I'd have a good chance of losing for the rest of the season. I have the Cowboys D/ST (@ Jets) so that's another position I could leave empty for the week.

Yikes, cabezadecoochie is really rattled.

Anyways, in my work league (the league I have the best chance of winning), my TE Waller is on a bye and I picked up Everett from the Rams.

However, I dropped my kicker to get him, so unless I play this week without a kicker, I have to pick up a kicker/drop a skill player to fill out my team for the week.

Who would you drop out of Winston (back-up QB), Marquis Brown (4th WR), Devonta Freeman (4th/5th RB) and Damien Williams (4th/5th RB)?

Keep in mind I'm 12 of 12th on waivers so whoever I drop I'd have a good chance of losing for the rest of the season. I have the Cowboys D/ST (@ Jets) so that's another position I could leave empty for the week.

One way to look at those is to see their ownership percentage throughout the leagues. The "less owned" they are the less likely they are to be claimed, making them more likely to be available if you need them back. Without looking at that, I'd dispatch Winston as I suspect there are other free agent QBs just as good or close.