UC at OSU

Just wish OSU had the balls to play at a place like UC. When they played at PBS UC had their chances to beat em, who knows if a roucous nippert crowd woikda put them over the top but the big boys do not have the balls to do it

Wish Alabama had the balls to do a home and home with Southern Miss.
Bama does have an upcoming 3-game series versus USF - 2 games in Tuscaloosa and 1 game at USF. OSU probably wouldn't do a similar agreement with UC though.

Bama does have an upcoming 3-game series versus USF - 2 games in Tuscaloosa and 1 game at USF. OSU probably wouldn't do a similar agreement with UC though.
Before we give bama any props.....it would not be the same as if OSU played at UC. Usf avg 38k of a 66k stadium. Alabama will still have more people or a least 50-50 crowd wise.

Before we give bama any props.....it would not be the same as if OSU played at UC. Usf avg 38k of a 66k stadium. Alabama will still have more people or a least 50-50 crowd wise.
If OSU has to play a good team at their place, they always pay millions to that school to move the game to a neutral site.

Spoke to a UC asst trainer yesterday she said they have 6 players on crutches probably all eventual surgeries. I didn’t ask who but that might be bad news if they were hoping Wiggins would play this season.

If OSU has to play a good team at their place, they always pay millions to that school to move the game to a neutral site.
Examples?

Since 2000 they've played at Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, Cal, Miami FL, USC, Washington, Texas, NC State, and UCLA. Ohio State isn't afraid to schedule home and homes with P5 teams.

Just wish OSU had the balls to play at a place like UC. When they played at PBS UC had their chances to beat em, who knows if a roucous nippert crowd woikda put them over the top but the big boys do not have the balls to do it
They absolutely had their chances to beat them. There’s were two nice throws made by Guiduiligi where the WRs couldn’t hang on to the ball. Hard to believe in the span of about 4 months, this Ohio St team would go from very nearly losing to UC to beating one of the most talented College Football Teams ever assembled.

It just doesn't make financial sense for the OSU's, Alabama's, etc. of CFB to play away for out of conference games. Between ticket sales, concessions and parking OSU made $7.15m per home game back in 2014. Got to assume the number is closer to $7.5m-$8m in 2019.

Examples?

Since 2000 they've played at Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, Cal, Miami FL, USC, Washington, Texas, NC State, and UCLA. Ohio State isn't afraid to schedule home and homes with P5 teams.

First example off the top of my head is TCU, but both teams made $5m from moving the game 30 minutes from TCU's campus to Jerry World. IIRC, TCU made more than if they had left it at Amon G Carter Stadium

I'll say one thing about future OSU/UC scheduling and then get back to the game at hand. I'd love to see a 3/2 or a 4/2 series down the line between the two schools. 3 @ OSU, 1 @ Nippert, 1 @ Paul Brown Stadium and an option for 1 @ FirstEnergy Stadium in Cleveland. I doubt it happens but it would be fun to see.

On to the real issue at hand, this Saturday's game. I didn't watch any of the OSU game but looks like Fields showed why he was so highly regarded. But how much of a test was FAU? If UC can put pressure on Fields and force some turnovers they might have a chance to make things uncomfortable for the faithful in Columbus. I'm not expecting a UC win but a guy can dream, right?

First example off the top of my head is TCU, but both teams made $5m from moving the game 30 minutes from TCU's campus to Jerry World. IIRC, TCU made more than if they had left it at Amon G Carter Stadium

They moved the game after the second half of the home and home was mutually cancelled for scheduling conflicts.

Examples?

With scheduled games at Texas, Notre Dame, Boston College, and Oregon up until 2024.

Over the last 15-20 years Ohio State has played UC at PBS, Toledo in Cleveland, Navy in Baltimore and TCU at Jerry World.

OSU getting little resistance from the UC defense. UC has to get something going on the ground to have a chance. Iffy play-calling on 3rd and 4th down in the red zone by OSU prevented this from being a 3 score game. The OSU defense looks really good.