CBC 2019. Who you got?

Week 1 is always hard to judge. Sounds like Shawnee has a really good offense but no defense? I think they roll Tipp and win by a couple touchdowns. Bellefontaine will be fine they just happened to run into one of the best teams in D3 this year. now if they lose this week than it’s gonna be a rough last 8 games but they won’t see another team with the coaching or front 7 as wapak until week 11. Hard to tell what London is until they play someone decent because Urbana is god awful . Everyone knows they’re good but how good?
i don’t think we get a read on London until week 4. and bellefontaine will be fine. it’s Wapak. although i do think defense will carry the Chiefs. and Shawnee will win by a TD or two. the Braves are very good. going to be a long year for Tipp but i think next year they will be back in contention

i don’t think we get a read on London until week 4. and bellefontaine will be fine. it’s Wapak. although i do think defense will carry the Chiefs. and Shawnee will win by a TD or two. the Braves are very good. going to be a long year for Tipp but i think next year they will be back in contention
Yea bellefontaines defense is legit but your defense is only good when your offense can sustain drives

Hard to judge how bad a defense really is when going against a high frequency passing attack, which is a rarity that you don't often see in D3 and below, especially around here. It's extremely rare to defend 40-50 passing situations against a legit gunslinger. Tipp will probably run the ball 75% of the time or more against Shawnee. That's a much better measuring stick of how they measure up against the "typical" team.

it was a very close game up until the 8 minute mark. but Shawnee was definitely a playoff caliber team. come week 11, we will look back on this game. have fun stopping the Glass kid, Tipp fans. he was a nightmare for Greenon
Tipp beat Shawnee 38-7 last year, Glass was 3-10 throwing for a whopping 15 yards. While only gaining 55 yards on the ground on 18 carries. Tipp has out scored Shawnee 111-14 in the last 3 years. Tipp and Greenon are on two completely different levels.

Tipp just lost a close game at Mt. Healthy, in which they lead 8-6 until 7 minutes left in the 4th. Mt. Healthy would beat every team in the CBC by 40

I think Tipp beats shawnee but it’ll be close. I’m not so high on Shawnee I think they’ll compete but I can’t see them being serious contenders for the division

Tipp just lost a close game at Mt. Healthy, in which they lead 8-6 until 7 minutes left in the 4th. Mt. Healthy would beat every team in the CBC by 40
Mount Healthy is slumming it against a D6 team this weekend. Can't they find someone closer and bigger to play?

i did not know that they played mount healthy close but good for them. Shawnee won’t pass the ball, i can tell you that. they will keep it on the ground. if Tipp can manage to stop that, they will win the game. but it’s not an easy task stopping Glass and his 2 other backs

Mount Healthy is slumming it against a D6 team this weekend. Can't they find someone closer and bigger to play?

well it is the best team in D6 and a game they won’t be favored to win. and even if they do, little harbin points from it. they should’ve found someone closer and not as good

I imagine Tipp will beat Shawnee by 2-3 TDs, but again, I wouldn't presume a whole lot based on them losing and giving up a basketball score against Greenon. There isn't anybody else OHC/CBC or CBC-esque around here that's going to have a dual threat MAC level QB running or passing on 90-95% of their team's offensive snaps. On a fair weather evening Greenon could rack up yardage and points against a ton of teams.

agreed. i know they tried to reach out to some MVL level teams about playing this year but they declined. One being Fairborn. Greenon has week 1 and 2 open next year i’ll be interested to see who they schedule

Alder definitely has a nice team. Philo had them on the ropes early but to their credit, Alder kept chugging away. Made the plays when they had to. Philo had their chances but didn’t make the plays needed. Hope everyone made the long trip home safely. Look forward to making the trip next year.
You guys had a great facility to watch a football game. Both teams played hard and battled till the end. Game could have went either way. Good luck the rest of the way. Looking forward to the rematch next year.

Anyone know what happened with Tecumseh?? I know they graduated a ton, but played Tipp somewhat tough. Had a couple turnovers deep in their territory. Probably a 31-14 game in red life which all things considering is solid versus a solid MVL team. I expected us to beat Fairborn soundly and they absolutely waxed us. They took their foot off the gas mid second quarter. Haven't seen Tecumseh in years, but are we that bad or Fairborn that good? I mean, it is Fairborn..

Anyone know what happened with Tecumseh?? I know they graduated a ton, but played Tipp somewhat tough. Had a couple turnovers deep in their territory. Probably a 31-14 game in red life which all things considering is solid versus a solid MVL team. I expected us to beat Fairborn soundly and they absolutely waxed us. They took their foot off the gas mid second quarter. Haven't seen Tecumseh in years, but are we that bad or Fairborn that good? I mean, it is Fairborn..
Sadly you guys are that bad....

Was not aware of that. New to the CBC and so far I have been disappointed

The CBC is not the MAC. No one is. You're going to have to get over that arrogance to be able to enjoy your "new conference."

But it's also not nearly as bad as you make it sound. I'm assuming you're talking "football" specifically. Last year was a bad year, I agree. But since 2009 (last 10 years) the CBC's top playoff performers:

2018: Northwestern - Regional Quarterfinals - Lost to State Champion Wyoming
2017: Bellefontaine - Regional Semifinals - Lost to State Runner-Up Tri-Valley in OT
2016: Indian Lake - Regional Semifinals - Lost to Ottawa-Glandorff by 5, who lost to State Champion Hartley by 3
2015: Kenton Ridge - Regional Semifinals - Lost to Bellevue by 7, who lost to State Champion Hartley by 8
2014: Tippecanoe - Regional Semifinals - Lost to Wapakoneta
2013: Tippecanoe - Regional Finals- Lost to State Runner-Up Trotwood-Madison
2012: Shawnee - Regional Semifinals - Lost to Athens by 1 after beating state power Archbishop Alter on the road by 8
2011: Shawnee - State Championship - Lost to Cardinal Mooney 21-14
2010: Shawnee - Regional Semifinals - Lost to Eaton
2009: Shawnee - Regional Finals - Lost to state runner-up Wyoming by 7

***What I've learned after doing this research (hahaha). I thought Tippecanoe dominated the CBC while they were in it. Playoff performance suggests otherwise. I also didn't realize that Urbana has been this down, for this long. That's a shame.

The CBC lost a pretty good school (as far as from a competitive standpoint) in Tippecanoe. They've done a nice job salvaging the conference and bringing in schools like Jonathan Alder, London and North Union. IMO, that made the conference stronger.

Yes it is Meeks daughter. She only kicks extra points...Myers is there kick off guy.
Gotcha.
Was at the JH games last night and a girl was carrying the gear and someone asked her at the concession stand how the kicking went.
On a side not about Shawnee, do they have a trouble getting people to help out? The last two seasons we have been there they had to beg over the PA to run the chain gang, even employing parents from the opposing school to do so.

The CBC is not the MAC. No one is. You're going to have to get over that arrogance to be able to enjoy your "new conference."

But it's also not nearly as bad as you make it sound. I'm assuming you're talking "football" specifically. Last year was a bad year, I agree. But since 2009 (last 10 years) the CBC's top playoff performers:

2018: Northwestern - Regional Quarterfinals - Lost to State Champion Wyoming
2017: Bellefontaine - Regional Semifinals - Lost to State Runner-Up Tri-Valley in OT
2016: Indian Lake - Regional Semifinals - Lost to Ottawa-Glandorff by 5, who lost to State Champion Hartley by 3
2015: Kenton Ridge - Regional Semifinals - Lost to Bellevue by 7, who lost to State Champion Hartley by 8
2014: Tippecanoe - Regional Semifinals - Lost to Wapakoneta
2013: Tippecanoe - Regional Finals- Lost to State Runner-Up Trotwood-Madison
2012: Shawnee - Regional Semifinals - Lost to Athens by 1 after beating state power Archbishop Alter on the road by 8
2011: Shawnee - State Championship - Lost to Cardinal Mooney 21-14
2010: Shawnee - Regional Semifinals - Lost to Eaton
2009: Shawnee - Regional Finals - Lost to state runner-up Wyoming by 7

***What I've learned after doing this research (hahaha). I thought Tippecanoe dominated the CBC while they were in it. Playoff performance suggests otherwise. I also didn't realize that Urbana has been this down, for this long. That's a shame.

The CBC lost a pretty good school (as far as from a competitive standpoint) in Tippecanoe. They've done a nice job salvaging the conference and bringing in schools like Jonathan Alder, London and North Union. IMO, that made the conference stronger.
Tipp was in the CBC for 15 years, this was the result

2015 10-2 Regional Semifinals
2014 9-3 Regional Semifinals CBC Champs
2013 12-1 Regional Finals CBC Champs
2012 8-3 Regional Quarterfinals
2011 9-2 Regional Quarterfinals
2010 9-2 Regional Quarterfinals
2009 9-3 Regional Semifinals CBC Champs
2008 9-2 Regional Quarterfinals
2007 10-1 Regional Quarterfinals CBC Champs
2006 9-2 Regional Quarterfinals CBC Champs
2005 7-4 Regional Quarterfinals
2004 5-5
2003 8-2
2002 9-3 Regional Semifinals
2001 6-4
Overall: 129-39 .768 winning percentage
5 CBC Championships
6 playoff victories
No losing seasons while in the CBC

Meh - not bad. Haha. I assumed that the overall results were far more impressive than the "best playoff performance" results.

Imagine having Tipp in the CBC now. The Kenton Trail would be brutal. It would be very hard to go undefeated in conference. Tecumseh the biggest school would be the easy game.

There's going to be ebbs and flows but the Kenton Trail part of this league is going to be pretty solid in football relative to the size and demographics of the schools. Some years it will be brutally deep with 4-5 teams legitimately challenging for the league title and playoff berths. The odds of having someone on that side make a solid postseason run just about every year went through the roof with London and Jonathan Alder coming in.

The hidden wildcard of course is the stability of Springfield H.S. football. Douglass is doing a phenomenal job there at the moment, but for a good while they seemed to be hemorrhaging solid talent to the county. In the bigger picture I think there's still a good chance for higher consistency from Shawnee and Kenton Ridge. Kenton Ridge especially I think could start to take off in a few years when they get new schools.

Last edited:
ugly from top to bottom
Even the Coaching Staff ... dropped their call list out of the press box window which was then returned upstairs to the Fairborn Coaches who said they didn't need it and gave it back to Tecumseh ... LOL. Seriously, Tecumseh is young and did not appear to have much more than 40 - 45 players dressed. They only gained 91 rushing yards in 32 attempts for a 2.8 average while going 3 of 12 for 19 yards passing against Fairborns 1st team defense. Did not come close to scoring. Fairborn put the JV in halfway through the final quarter. Skyhawks should have scored in the 40s.

Last edited:
agreed. i know they tried to reach out to some MVL level teams about playing this year but they declined. One being Fairborn. Greenon has week 1 and 2 open next year i’ll be interested to see who they schedule
Fairborn didn't have a choice. They were still contracted with Bellbrook & Tecumseh for out of league games.

Fairborn has a good team and a good staff this year under new HC Randy Kerns. Defense is very much improved. If they beat Bellbrook Friday they should go 6-4 worst case and possibly 7-3 or better barring injury to key players. They shutout a bigger Beavercreek team in their Jamboree and then turned around and shutout Tecumseh.

Last edited:
Even the Coaching Staff ... dropped their call list out of the press box window which was then returned upstairs to the Fairborn Coaches who said they didn't need it and gave it back to Tecumseh ... LOL. Seriously, Tecumseh is young and did not appear to have much more than 40 - 45 players dressed. They only gained 91 rushing yards in 32 attempts for a 2.8 average while going 3 of 12 for 19 yards passing against Fairborns 1st team defense. Did not come close to scoring. Fairborn put the JV in halfway through the final quarter. Skyhawks should have scored in the 40s.
ha! this is great.