When neighbor go bad…

Belly35

Ok every block has one .. that bad neighbor.

Yep! That one who does not mow the grass, trim, two or three dogs fenced in the side lot (barkers) and has forgetting what good stewardship is about on house and property.

This is that guy who is lowering the property value of every neighbor within that street location.

Do you have one in your neighborhood? What to do about it?

Note: I have called the police several time about the barking dog in the middle of the night. He has been given warning and the next time it will be a #250.00 fine.

As for the property, we neighbors ( 4 ) have contacted the public safety dept. Nothing has happen yet.

We have the pied piper of feral cats ... 51 to be exact (last year). As he walked through his backyard to his dilapidated shed with a big bag of cat food, they all came scurrying from every corner of the property, following him. Worse, they thought they owned our porch furniture, always sitting there, just eyeing me, as if saying "Looks like my spot now, holmes." Loved our flower beds, too.

Called Animal Control, and they claimed they talked to the loon and left some traps, but nothing came of it. Had to take matters into my own hands and bought traps to catch all of them over the course of last summer (after the pungi stick traps I set up in our mulch failed). Released the f*ckers in Shoney's parking lot, on my way to work. Then, this past May, come to read a local newspaper article about 20 residents approaching city council, asking officials to change a city ordinance to allow people to trap and spay/neuter stray cats, after residents in the Shoney's area complained of a growing number of feral cats in their area, lol.

Ok every block has one .. that bad neighbor.

Yep! That one who does not mow the grass, trim, two or three dogs fenced in the side lot (barkers) and has forgetting what good stewardship is about on house and property.

This is that guy who is lowering the property value of every neighbor within that street location.

Do you have one in your neighborhood? What to do about it?

Note: I have called the police several time about the barking dog in the middle of the night. He has been given warning and the next time it will be a #250.00 fine.

As for the property, we neighbors ( 4 ) have contacted the public safety dept. Nothing has happen yet.

I had one of these. Gone now. I wont say what I did but I will say just get creative.:unsure:

I cannot stand it when someone does not take care of their dog - or any animal for that matter. Scum of the Earth IMO.

The animal ( dogs) are one issue but What about the property, lack of up keep, yard maintenance this is a problem when looking to sell your home. Can lower your property value and potential sale of your property.

Funny you bring this up.
We bought a house at a lake a year plus ago. The two houses south of us are basically abandoned but they pay their taxes. The one has electric on as he has one light that stays on outside. One stops by every couple of weeks to get the mail and he used to mow but I started to mow it last year because of how bad it would get.

Both were sent notices by the health dept last week and one finally showed up, for the first time this year, to mow. It was nearly 6 feet tall.

We have the pied piper of feral cats ... 51 to be exact (last year). As he walked through his backyard to his dilapidated shed with a big bag of cat food, they all came scurrying from every corner of the property, following him. Worse, they thought they owned our porch furniture, always sitting there, just eyeing me, as if saying "Looks like my spot now, holmes." Loved our flower beds, too.

Called Animal Control, and they claimed they talked to the loon and left some traps, but nothing came of it. Had to take matters into my own hands and bought traps to catch all of them over the course of last summer (after the pungi stick traps I set up in our mulch failed). Released the f*ckers in Shoney's parking lot, on my way to work. Then, this past May, come to read a local newspaper article about 20 residents approaching city council, asking officials to change a city ordinance to allow people to trap and spay/neuter stray cats, after residents in the Shoney's area complained of a growing number of feral cats in their area, lol.

shame on you, spreading that bad p*ssy all around town!!

Just filed a nuisance complaint on our backyard neighbor. They cut a 40ft tree down last August but didn't cut it up and it's been there ever since. I have no idea why they took it down in the first place because it wasn't dead and wasn't over any buildings. We'll see if Green Township decides to do anything about it.

Long ago in a land very far away a nice man had a neighbor whose dog liked to poop in his yard. The nice man had a small child. The nice man went to the neighbor and had a polite conversation. A couple weeks later the nice man found dog poop in his yard yet again at which time he retrieved a shovel, scooped up said dog poop, walked to the neighbor's and placed it on the hood to his grill. The nice man never had dog poop in his yard.

The nice man has not been identified for the sake of this story as the statute of limitations may not have yet run.

The animal ( dogs) are one issue but What about the property, lack of up keep, yard maintenance this is a problem when looking to sell your home. Can lower your property value and potential sale of your property.
At first I hated the dump next door but I have grown to like it because it ensures we will have our privacy and no neighbors !

The distance between me and myn eighbors is around 300 feet, and all of that is covered in cactus, so no one has a lawn that can be the source of complaint.

I live just outside a small town mixed rural and only have maybe around 75 households within a half mile. I know around half of them and have no problems with any of them., all good people as far as I can tell.
If I expand to the whole community a (few hundred households) there are a couple of not so well kept places. Don't know them well but have heard of no real issues other than some trash blowing from one. I guess I am lucky.

I would suggest an Akita. A friend's neighbors barn was home to many cats that the neighbor fed, and It was headed out of control until they got "Bear". Way north of two dozen cats. The saying was, "Bear has a moustache again" when he'd go running across the yard with another cat in his mouth. I'm not sure if he ate them or what.

I would suggest an Akita. A friend's neighbors barn was home to many cats that the neighbor fed, and It was headed out of control until they got "Bear". Way north of two dozen cats. The saying was, "Bear has a moustache again" when he'd go running across the yard with another cat in his mouth. I'm not sure if he ate them or what.

Reminded me of a meme I once saw: ?

No-Little-Asian.jpg

It's heartwarming to see how one of my posts has been remembered by so many Yappsters.

Your posts are always memorable, old man.

And speaking of your memorable posts, your Bieber Fever doesn’t seem to be getting the job done lately. Tonight is the fourth stab at the 13th win for notJustin.

If you know some magic Hopi Cactus Dance, please get over to the Tribe thread and do it for your boy.

Your posts are always memorable, old man.

And speaking of your memorable posts, your Bieber Fever doesn’t seem to be getting the job done lately. Tonight is the fourth stab at the 13th win for notJustin.

If you know some magic Hopi Cactus Dance, please get over to the Tribe thread and do it for your boy.

I dream of Bieber (and a Twins loss).

Mine showed up on my front porch this morning at 4am... drunk out of his mind and trying to get in my house.... the wrong house

I called the police and they marched him away

Mine showed up on my front porch this morning at 4am... drunk out of his mind and trying to get in my house.... the wrong house

I called the police and they marched him away

If I had answered the call, I might have tried to talk to him and get him to start his car and get it back in his driveway - so I could pull him over.

If I had answered the call, I might have tried to talk to him and get him to start his car and get it back in his driveway - so I could pull him over.
there was no car

no idea how he got to our area

when I looked back at my doorbell cam it looked like he tried the neighbors first before he got to my house

probably was just going down the street til someone helped him