Midwest Athletic Conference 2019

It took a while but someone finally took the troll bait.

?
Their is no trolling involved. Watterson just beat a D - 1 school that finished 6 - 4 last season. If Bobby Hoying son is anywhere close to his dad in talent it will be a long night not only for ML next week but for most H.S. teams that play Watterson. Still believe the Flyers will go 5 -5 or 6 -4 on the season with this game against Watterson being big for computer pts. as Woodlan may win 2 games at most. I don't see ML def. what most people consider the top 4 teams in the MAC : CW, FR, Minster or Anna. The other teams in the MAC probably won't give the Flyers many computer pts.

Their is no trolling involved. Watterson just beat a D - 1 school that finished 6 - 4 last season. If Bobby Hoying son is anywhere close to his dad in talent it will be a long night not only for ML next week but for most H.S. teams that play Watterson. Still believe the Flyers will go 5 -5 or 6 -4 on the season with this game against Watterson being big for computer pts. as Woodlan may win 2 games at most. I don't see ML def. what most people consider the top 4 teams in the MAC : CW, FR, Minster or Anna. The other teams in the MAC probably won't give the Flyers many computer pts.
Msml will be happy to not be on the wrong end of. Running cloxk

Last edited:
ML won't defeat CW, FR, M or A???
Happy not to get tagged with a running clock???

Either your sarcasm is off the charts or you need to reevaluate your med dosage.

The paper had Lehman with -12 yards of total offense against Fort Recovery.

Clay Schmitz was 20-26 (3 dropped passes) for 269 yards and 5 TD's without an INT.

ML won't defeat CW, FR, M or A???
Happy not to get tagged with a running clock???

Either your sarcasm is off the charts or you need to reevaluate your med dosage.
Where did I say anything about a running clock. 2009 ML was 5 - 5, in 04 Flyers were 4 - 6 both Goodwin coached teams. I think the MAC is as good if not better this season than 09 and I do not believe ML is more talented than 09, hope I am wrong but I doubt it. No sarcasm, IMO the Flyers do not have the talent they have had the last 10 years it is that simple.

Where did I say anything about a running clock. 2009 ML was 5 - 5, in 04 Flyers were 4 - 6 both Goodwin coached teams. I think the MAC is as good if not better this season than 09 and I do not believe ML is more talented than 09, hope I am wrong but I doubt it. No sarcasm, IMO the Flyers do not have the talent they have had the last 10 years it is that simple.
I just added comments from 2 separate posts. Sorry for the confusion. Marion's Marion. Coaching staff is still the same. ?

Msml will be happy to not be on the wrong end of. Running cloxk
You two are full of it. Stooooopppp. It's a tired old routine. You do it nearly every year. I've been reading Yappi for ten years, and you two have done this 5-6 of those ten years. Needless to say, it didn't quite turn out the way you predicted, thank goodness. I like ya both (very interesting and knowledgeable, otherwise!), but this is depressing. ML isn't 2014, yeah we know that. But 5-5? Really? Here's my prediction: 8-2 or 7-3, and at least two playoff weeks. If I'm wrong, y'all get a heartfelt apology.

Woodlan will get 3 wins from Southern Wells, Heritage, and Jay County. The ACAC is South Adams to lose and for AC to try and steal to earn a 3peat

Winning creates a sense of entitlement and I am not too arrogant to admit that Coldwater folks suffer from it, myself included. When I look at the last couple of years and see less than a state title it bums you out, but when you look big picture you realize it is pretty damned good and something to be proud of.

But BigPHS, don't think that St. Henry wasn't afflicted with the same thing, as they were just as Coldwater (and every successful program, even MSML) will eventually succumb to it as well.
Excellent post. Well stated, Voice. Completely agree.

I know CW has been playing Kenton to open the season for a long time and it is hard to find non conference games. However with St. Marys having an opening for their 1st game next year ( I believe they have an opening ) it would be great if CW and the Roughriders could start a series.
No way. Lordy, I hope not.

It will be interesting to see who all lines up for that one.

Talking to some watterson folks this summer and they are the Hoyings as saviours of the program.

Anyone in here recall those glory days of SH with BH and such?
I thought there was an old game on youtube that had BH and such. I thought I seen it a while back. Not sure if it's still on there, though. Yeah, they were good. MAC's all-time team, maybe?

I thought there was an old game on youtube that had BH and such. I thought I seen it a while back. Not sure if it's still on there, though. Yeah, they were good. MAC's all-time team, maybe?
It is tough to judge teams from different eras. To do so I think refer to where did that talent lead to such as a number of HOFers, etx. They had 2 go to OSU with one to the NFL. One to Penn State and NFL. Another to Toledo whom very well could have went to the NFL but an injury that a Dr misdiagnosed derailed him and I think another to a smaller schools. They were amazinf

It is tough to judge teams from different eras. To do so I think refer to where did that talent lead to such as a number of HOFers, etx. They had 2 go to OSU with one to the NFL. One to Penn State and NFL. Another to Toledo whom very well could have went to the NFL but an injury that a Dr misdiagnosed derailed him and I think another to a smaller schools. They were amazinf
That SH team was incredible!

why aren’t we talking about Parkway? they just beat Crestview, who if i’m mistaken, has been VERY good recently. is Crestview down or is Parkway actually good?

why aren’t we talking about Parkway? they just beat Crestview, who if i’m mistaken, has been VERY good recently. is Crestview down or is Parkway actually good?
Crestview lost a ton from the previous years. Parkway does seem to be improved. It's one of those things as to what Parkway will look like against better competition.

It is tough to judge teams from different eras. To do so I think refer to where did that talent lead to such as a number of HOFers, etx.
Disagree. What a player does after HS has no bearing on what they did during HS. Remember the teams Versailles had on their winning streak? Small but fast and athletic O line. Or how'bout DSJ and their winning streak? Any college standouts, NFL players or HOFers? Gonna say there wasn't talent there? And I've heard from more than one that Jim Lache's ability in track really caught the eye of the OSU recruiters.

MAC Games this week :
ML vs Watterson : I will go with the Bishops
SH vs Fort Loramie : FL
Minster vs Covington : Minster
Parkway vs Spencerville : Parkway
New Bremen vs Ansonia : NB
DSJ vs LCC : LCC
Anna vs Brookville : Anna
Versailles vs Delphos Jefferson : Versailles
Fort Recovery vs Valley View : FR
Coldwater vs Mt. Healthy : CW

I am just stating that it is tough to compare teams in different generations, nearly impossible. My guage is the actual amount of talent on that team. The talent on that

QUOTE="Captain_Cavman, post: 7371343, member: 293657"]
Disagree. What a player does after HS has no bearing on what they did during HS. Remember the teams Versailles had on their winning streak? Small but fast and athletic O line. Or how'bout DSJ and their winning streak? Any college standouts, NFL players or HOFers? Gonna say there wasn't talent there? And I've heard from more than one that Jim Lache's ability in track really caught the eye of the OSU recruiters.
[/QUOTE]
MAC Games this week :
ML vs Watterson : I will go with the Bishops
SH vs Fort Loramie : FL
Minster vs Covington : Minster
Parkway vs Spencerville : Parkway
New Bremen vs Ansonia : NB
DSJ vs LCC : LCC
Anna vs Brookville : Anna
Versailles vs Delphos Jefferson : Versailles
Fort Recovery vs Valley View : FR
Coldwater vs Mt. Healthy : CW
I see the Mac below .500 this week.

I'd be afraid to pick Versailles at this point. I realize that they're playing Delphos Jefferson, but Celina? Really?