2019 MVL Projections

I hope that is more a reflection of Creek and Belmont than Troy and Xenia. I am staying with those two running away from the rest in the division.
From what I understand neither Creek or Belmont are great teams this year. Very possible that every team in the top half of the MVL is just ok this year. Would make for some fun games

From what I understand neither Creek or Belmont are great teams this year. Very possible that every team in the top half of the MVL is just ok this year. Would make for some fun games

Belmont is much improved. They have some good athletes and are well coached. Their record won’t indicate it because they play some tough teams this year. Troy looked pretty bad at times too.

Let’s not forget, when it comes to Xenia and Troy, they both lost quite a bit including the number 1 and number 3 rushers from the GWOC.

I hope that is more a reflection of Creek and Belmont than Troy and Xenia. I am staying with those two running away from the rest in the division.
I don't know, we'll see. Creek Varsity lost 0-3 to Fairborns Varsity over 3 quarters on a Fairborn 38 yd FG last Thursday. Their offense couldn't move the ball on the Skyhawks. Averaged 2.0 yards a rush on 30 rushes. First time since 2009 that Fairborn has beaten Creek in a scrimmage or game.

Last edited:
I think Troy and Xenia will be fine given how bad the MVL will probably be this year. Piqua will challenge both but outside of that I don’t see another team beating them off in conference. Tipp is a bit of a wildcard. I just have a feeling that they will overachieve this year and might even beat Troy. Vandalia May be there rival but those kids are going to be way up for and wanting to beat Troy for there coach.

I think Troy and Xenia will be fine given how bad the MVL will probably be this year. Piqua will challenge both but outside of that I don’t see another team beating them off in conference. Tipp is a bit of a wildcard. I just have a feeling that they will overachieve this year and might even beat Troy. Vandalia May be there rival but those kids are going to be way up for and wanting to beat Troy for there coach.
If Tipp beats Troy, it would be the upset of the year. You may think Tipp kids will want to win for their coach, but i look at it as Troy kids being pissed off he left and will want to show him he shouldn't of. Who knows, think Xenia and Troy are tops in this league.

I think Xenia's players probably took Creek lightly expecting an easy win.

Tipp lost a close one to Mt. Healthy 22-8. Tipp led 8-6 until 8 minutes left in the game when Mt. Healthy broke off a long run to make it 14-8, on Tipp’s next possession, a bad snap on the punt gave the owls good field position and they immediately scored to go up 22-8. While Tipp lost, there is a lot of positive to build on, playing at Mt. Healthy is a tough test.

After sitting through that game last night I must admit that Vandalia might go 0-10 this year. They have no line which means they can’t run and they can’t throw. Was thinking they could beat Stebbins and maybe West Carrollton but that ain’t happening. I feel for the coaching staff because you can only do so much with what you get walking through the door. Long term they will be okay but this season will be a tuffy.

Hey guys, just realize this is week 1. It’s early. What happens this week is no indication on how a team will be going forward.

And the MVL will not be a consistent, quality Football conference. My biggest suprises this week:

How well Tipp played
How bad Xenia played

Hearing Belmont is not bad this year and have multiple college guys. Hopefully this means Troy is still average to above average.
MVL bad bad at football this year.

And the MVL will not be a consistent, quality Football conference. My biggest suprises this week:

How well Tipp played
How bad Xenia played

Hearing Belmont is not bad this year and have multiple college guys. Hopefully this means Troy is still average to above average.

Like I said earlier, Belmont should have a good year. They are pretty good. Their schedule is tough so the record might not be playoff worthy. As for Tipp, the Burgbachers know what they are doing so I’m not surprised that game was close. Xenia lose some studs so they are a little down. That’s why I was laughing when all you guys said they were head and shoulders the best team. You can’t judge a team in week 1.

How well Tipp played
How bad Xenia played

What is your problem? You are always so negative. You keep tearing this conference a new one. If you dont like it find another conference to root for. You are just made these teams left the GWOC. Get over it.

What is your problem? You are always so negative. You keep tearing this conference a new one. If you dont like it find another conference to root for. You are just made these teams left the GWOC. Get over it.

MVL going 4-6 in week one will not help teams get into playoffs. With an 8-9 game league schedule - the league needs to do well in non-league games so that the league as a whole benefits from week one 2nd level points. Going to be interesting as the year progresses to see how this league format works in playoff scenarios.

MVL going 4-6 in week one will not help teams get into playoffs. With an 8-9 game league schedule - the league needs to do well in non-league games so that the league as a whole benefits from week one 2nd level points. Going to be interesting as the year progresses to see how this league format works in playoff scenarios.
Instead of playing all 9 league opponents each year, what they need to do is play all Division opponents and rotate playing 4 games each year against the other league division for a total of 8 league games and 2 Out of league games. That will increase each teams ability to put themselves in a position to gain computer points via scheduling.

It definitely will be interesting to see who makes the playoffs from this conference. Whoever that team or teams are will probably get eliminated in the 1st round.

Curious on why you assume this?
My guess is that he is assuming that with only 1 future out of conference scheduled game for MVL teams, that MVL teams will normally have a lower computer score which would give MVL playoff qualifiers lower seeds putting them against the top seeds that have the most computer points in the opening playoff game. That is a very real mathematical possibility when playing 9 league games since the league games will be split at 50% wins/losses for compiling computer points. Doesn't mean an MVL team won't win its opening game. Just means they will more than likely be the underdog playing a higher seeded team each year.

Last edited:
My guess is that he is assuming that with only 1 future out of conference scheduled game for MVL teams, that MVL teams will normally have a lower computer score which would give MVL playoff qualifiers lower seeds putting them against the top seeds that have the most computer points in the opening playoff game. That is a very real mathematical possibility when playing 9 league games since the league games will be split at 50% wins/losses for compiling computer points. Doesn't mean an MVL team won't win its opening game. Just means they will more than likely be the underdog playing a higher seeded team each year.

I get the math part. But let’s not forget a higher seed does not always mean a better team. I’m curious on why he’s making a his assumption after week 1. And unless he’s seen every team in the MVL play, it’s dumb to assume such a thing. But everyone is welcome to their own opinion.

This year there is lots of good games still. Several MVL teams still have nonleague game on the schedule. Butler still has Wilmington in week 3 if they have anything left after Troy.

Having Mt. Healthy on the schedule helps Tipp if they had won, having Springfield Shawnee does not because they are now D5 and that game is not competitive anymore. Even though Shawnee might win 6/7 games this year, Tipp would be better off playing a team like Bellbrook or St. Mary’s even if they are less likely to win. If Tipp had two out of conference wins against teams like Mt. Healthy, Bellbrook or St. Mary’s, 5 conference game wins (against mostly D2 teams) would probably get Tipp into the playoffs. With a 7-3 record

I get the math part. But let’s not forget a higher seed does not always mean a better team. I’m curious on why he’s making a his assumption after week 1. And unless he’s seen every team in the MVL play, it’s dumb to assume such a thing. But everyone is welcome to their own opinion.
You are correct. It could be just as likely that the lower seeded MVL team that makes the playoffs is actually a better team than the higher seeded opponent and only seeded lower due to the mathematical disadvantage of only being able to schedule one out of conference opponent.

Even though Shawnee might win 6/7 games this year, Tipp would be better off playing a team like Bellbrook or St. Mary’s even if they are less likely to win.

Shawnee gave up 56 points to Greenon, so that makes me believe they are a lot worse than last year.

Shawnee gave up 56 points to Greenon, so that makes me believe they are a lot worse than last year.
Yet people on the CBC board are saying Shawnee is gonna beat Tipp by multiple scores! Lol. Apparently to them Greenon is some kind of super team this year

Last edited:
Curious on why you assume this?

Probably based on the last 10 years of history with football teams in this conference. Zero teams that make consistent runs (Win 2 + games) come November in regards to regional/district competition. As a fan of schools in the conference, I wish that would change. I thought with the Troy coach that school might be able to start something. But he left so there goes that hope.