2019 La Salle Lancers

Doesn't matter to me either way, brah. I just think it’s funny that you’ve “left Yappi” at least three times.?
Naw Brah. Let me be perfectly clear. Im out because you called me on the carpet. I just want the masses to know. You act liked it mattered. Your win is Yappi's loss.

DMR always like

I'm sure it will be competitive.

Also, folks around here are putting a lot of stock in scrimmages for some reason. La Salle was beaten all over the field by Lakota East in a scrimmage in 2015. The first ever scrimmages I went to were in 2016 and they looked like hell in both. State titles both years.
You forgot one major .. in 15 there is a fellow with the name of Larkin who is still around and 16 Minus Larkin you still have the remnants of two phenomenal football teams and you still have the defensive backs in tact. That is not anything that this team has. At least watching West scrimmage and La Salle scrimmaged hopefully Pat can pull a rabbit out of his hat especially with the decimated defensive line right now

A Forever loyal Lancer

The Lancers looked very strong in a 24-0 scrimmage victory vs Walnut Hills. The Defensive line for the lancers turned around a weak performance against east to penetrating the eagles o-line which boasts three division 1 recruits. The running game look very strong with big gains. the secondary looked amazing with two picks. Passing game looked great with big gains and a touchdown. Really looking forward to Friday against West. But I understand Scrimmages mean nothing but they played hard

Seems folks around here don't think too much of the Lancers' chances in 2019. Hopefully our underdog lads can at least keep it close Friday.

I noticed LaSalle RB Cam Porter playing both ways. Noticed him at right outside linebacker in the Walnut Hills scrimmage.

What’s the big deal if some guys are playing Both ways? It happens every year in every Division. Really want LaSalle to Win this week but not sure that will happen.

The scrimmage is on YouTube. Check it out. Its 100% accurate.

I watched it. There were at least two guys wearing that No. 2 practice jersey. I know you’re just stirring things up.

That said, your lack of faith in LS football this year gives me hope for a good season based on your thoughts prior to 14, 15, 16 and 17.

I watched it. There were at least two guys wearing that No. 2 practice jersey. I know you’re just stirring things up.

That said, your lack of faith in LS football this year gives me hope for a good season based on your thoughts prior to 14, 15, 16 and 17.
Check out the gatorade towel (theres one man wearing a gatorade towel out the back of his pants) and the red shoes. There is only one #2 for LaSalle in that scrimmage. It always comes back to Magic doesnt it? How am I "stirring things up" by pointing out the young man is playing both ways in a scrimmage?

Last edited:
What’s the big deal if some guys are playing Both ways? It happens every year in every Division. Really want LaSalle to Win this week but not sure that will happen.
Its a big deal because Magic pointed it out. Did you notice Porter at LB also?

Last edited:
The Lancers looked very strong in a 24-0 scrimmage victory vs Walnut Hills. The Defensive line for the lancers turned around a weak performance against east to penetrating the eagles o-line which boasts three division 1 recruits. The running game look very strong with big gains. the secondary looked amazing with two picks. Passing game looked great with big gains and a touchdown. Really looking forward to Friday against West. But I understand Scrimmages mean nothing but they played hard

You have to take the 24-0 at face value. The week before Elder led Walnut 42-0 at the half.

Watched again. Looks like you're right. I know they planned to have guys be able to play both ways if needed in case of injuries. I'm not sure I like it.

My bad, DMR.
It appeared to me that he was with the 1s on both sides of the ball. He started both ways and played the entire 1st half on defense and the was a little rotation on offense. I think it should had been done last season. It reminds one of Jerrill White. Not sure if Porter can match the intensity of White. When I watch an opponent, I look to see if they have any players that I wish were on my team. White was the guy. I wished he was a Warrior.

Ok i'm not sharing anymore information because i know a lot more about LaSalle then most of you do and I don't feel comfortable sharing it

I know one thing Lasalle is not hurting for this year and that's flags (and I'm not talking about the yellow ones)!

Just drove by campus a little while ago and somebody there I think wants a flag hanging from anything and everything!

Some interesting tidbits here. Zach Branam ran 5 yds for the first LS touchdown then passed a 42 yarder to G'Bran Payne for the second TD. G'Bran Payne caught a 42 yard pass for a touchdown, then ran in a touchdown from the 15. LS dominated in the scoring yet had only one more first down than West 12-11. West had the ball for 24:04 to LS 23:56. LS was penalized eight times for 60 yards while West only had five for 25 yards.

and LaSalle did something tonight that no other team could do, Beat Tom Bolden by 20+ points. Very impressed tonight

and LaSalle did something tonight that no other team could do, Beat Tom Bolden by 20+ points. Very impressed tonight

If the QB comes along they will compete for a deep(ish) playoff run. By far my biggest concern is how small both sides of the ball are in the trenches.

This team is just as talented as the b2b2b state champions in their skill positions. A solid 5-6 P5 prospects between RB, receivers, and DBs. Their o and d lines will eventually hold them back from that skill position potential though.