Not to mention most played defense also
When you lose a QB like Williams duel threat
Wrs like Lehigh hostetler Myers
Big fullback like hartrick
And a 2 time 1st team all ohio rb hostetler
I believe 4 four yr lettermen
6 to 8 3 yr lettermen
4 2 yr lettermen
You have some major work to do. Will they be good yes I see 7-3 at best.
I would elaborate more but I think you get the idea.
I will also add you say "great" set of rbs
I will say good to vary good but "great" is a stretch. By the way you have 3 rbs 1 will end up at QB so there will be more of a threat

Does TV have enough players for a team? Will take them years to rebuild the program.

I've heard they will definitely have enough as long as they don't have any injuries. And TV is likely to become the new Newcomerstown of the IVC for years to come.

So as we are getting close to the start of the season I have three questions for everyone.

#1 - What team are you most excited to watch play?
#2 - What player are you most excited to watch play?
#3 - And what is one thing you really want to see happen (or I guess not happen) this season?

Here's mine...

#1 - I'm really excited to follow Ridgewood. I think they have a chance to have a really special season and a nice playoff run.
#2 - Cameron Blair. I want to see this kid play QB. I've heard a lot about him but have never seen him in person so I definitely will this year.
#3 - I want to see Newcomerstown get in the win column. It'd be so nice to see their program bounce back to respectability.

So as we are getting close to the start of the season I have three questions for everyone.

#1 - What team are you most excited to watch play?
#2 - What player are you most excited to watch play?
#3 - And what is one thing you really want to see happen (or I guess not happen) this season?

Here's mine...

#1 - I'm really excited to follow Ridgewood. I think they have a chance to have a really special season and a nice playoff run.
#2 - Cameron Blair. I want to see this kid play QB. I've heard a lot about him but have never seen him in person so I definitely will this year.
#3 - I want to see Newcomerstown get in the win column. It'd be so nice to see their program bounce back to respectability.
Only a scrimmage, but Wood comes to SV Friday evening @ 6pm......

Found this online. Seems impossible.

Before that, he spent the previous eight seasons at Newcomerstown, where he had very good success with an overall record of 60-21.

Cook’s teams did not have a losing season at Newcomerstown while winning Inter-Valley Conference titles in 1996, 1997 and 2001. In 2000, Cook guided Newcomerstown to the Division V playoffs for the first time ever, while in 2001, they went 10-0 and then followed that up with 7-3 in his final season in 2002 before heading on to take the challenge of turning around River View.
They missed the playoffs at 10-0.

I also believe they had a game where they scored in the 90s and punted on 1st down to avoid scoring 100.

SV looked pretty crisp in their final tune-up vs. Tuslaw... The running & passing games were clicking well.... Defense gave up a TD with 37 seconds remaining in the half after a questionable turnover to lead 20-6...... It's now time to play for REAL..... GO CARDS!!!!!

Alright, all the talk is about over and football is about to kick off! Huge week for the IVC as we have probably at least 6 teams (Ridgewood, Garaway, Indian Valley, Sandy Valley, East Canton, TCC) with playoff expectations and a few more teams looking to really surprise some people.

Week one is one of the most important weeks of the season as the league has a chance to pick up a ton of non-conference points.

Here are the week one matchups:

Sandy Valley @ Fairless
Malvern vs. Shenandoah
Newcomerstown vs. Fairfield Christian
Strasburg @ Conotton Valley
Garaway @ Harrison Central
Claymont @ Northwest
Ridgewood @ Nortwestern
Tusky Valley @ Waynedale
TCC vs. Fisher Catholic
Buckeye Trail @ Caldwell
Indian Valley @ Coshocton
East Canton vs. Smithville

Despite 8 of the games being away, I expect a solid week from the IVC. I'm predicting an 8-4 week for the league.

Alright, all the talk is about over and football is about to kick off! Huge week for the IVC as we have probably at least 6 teams (Ridgewood, Garaway, Indian Valley, Sandy Valley, East Canton, TCC) with playoff expectations and a few more teams looking to really surprise some people.

Week one is one of the most important weeks of the season as the league has a chance to pick up a ton of non-conference points.

Here are the week one matchups:

Sandy Valley @ Fairless
Malvern vs. Shenandoah
Newcomerstown vs. Fairfield Christian
Strasburg @ Conotton Valley
Garaway @ Harrison Central
Claymont @ Northwest
Ridgewood @ Nortwestern
Tusky Valley @ Waynedale
TCC vs. Fisher Catholic
Buckeye Trail @ Caldwell
Indian Valley @ Coshocton
East Canton vs. Smithville

Despite 8 of the games being away, I expect a solid week from the IVC. I'm predicting an 8-4 week for the league.

It would be big if Newcomerstown, Tusky Valley, and Strasburg all found a way to win so they could carry some points for other IVC teams later in the season.

It would be big if Newcomerstown, Tusky Valley, and Strasburg all found a way to win so they could carry some points for other IVC teams later in the season.
I think Malvern and Newcomerstown both have a really good shot at winning week 1. I heard Conotton Valley got a transfer from River View that is supposed to be alright. That may make it difficult for the Tigers. Also, it will be Conotton's first game on their new turf so there should be some excitement in the air.

I think Malvern and Newcomerstown both have a really good shot at winning week 1. I heard Conotton Valley got a transfer from River View that is supposed to be alright. That may make it difficult for the Tigers. Also, it will be Conotton's first game on their new turf so there should be some excitement in the air.
FCA has lost 22-straight games and largely haven’t been competitive in many. Their last win was in 2016. I know that NCT is a far cry from the powerhouse they used to be 20 or so years ago, but NCT has at least played far better competition than FCA.

I expect a very good game to be played Saturday in New Philly.

Did SG transfer back to Tusky Valley from TCC?

According to MaxPreps, it looks like it. Although, I thought I saw him at a TCC practice (maybe with a busted-up elbow?) about a week or so before MP shows that he was added back to TV’s roster. I could be wrong, though. Might have seen a different kid.

Still, there are two other players from TV on TCC’s roster, along with two freshmen and a sophomore from Claymont (and there’s a sophomore from Aquinas at TCC this year, though I think he play basketball instead of football). There might be a freshman from Dover this year playing TCC football. And, it would seem that another big junior, whom I think went to the catholic elementary in Dover (but then did New Phila’s QDA for a while), was added to TCC’s roster yesterday. ?‍♂️

According to MaxPreps, it looks like it. Although, I thought I saw him at a TCC practice (maybe with a busted-up elbow?) about a week or so before MP shows that he was added back to TV’s roster. I could be wrong, though. Might have seen a different kid.

Still, there are two other players from TV on TCC’s roster, along with two freshmen and a sophomore from Claymont (and there’s a sophomore from Aquinas at TCC this year, though I think he play basketball instead of football). There might be a freshman from Dover this year playing TCC football. And, it would seem that another big junior, whom I think went to the catholic elementary in Dover (but then did New Phila’s QDA for a while), was added to TCC’s roster yesterday. ?‍♂️
Gotcha.

Saturday night should be a good one. Two teams coming off playoff seasons, both with a lot of talent. Both have great QB’s. Two completely different offenses. As clichè as it sounds, whoever sets the tone first is going to win. Going to be really tough for either team to come back and equalize a two-score deficit.

I think TV lost two kids to TCC, two kids to Garaway and a kid to Jackson. I don't think any of their initials were SG. Not 100% on that but that's not the names I was ever told.

Broadway Brewhouse... Only a few minutes from TCC... Wing joint....
Just wanted to say this place kicks a**. Great Saturday specials on Mic Ultra, a great meal with copious delicious fries (I got the “Triple Play”) and excellent atmosphere and service. Thank you again!!

14-14 19:6 left... TCC is getting bailed out big time by the stripes. 2nd and 16 illegal forward pass is waived off despite linesman setting his foot down, questionable as heck PI on 3rd and 16 gets TCC a free down + fifteen. TCC QB is running for his life on plays extended by no-call holds. Sh**, yo.

PI on an uncatchable ball on 2nd and 16 and TCC got a first down from such on their tying drive?

Clock operator is doing poorly. FC hits a sideline pass, steps out with 5 seconds out and clock ran out. Had to run an untimed down to finish the half.

Last edited:
14-14 19:6 left... TCC is getting bailed out big time by the stripes. 2nd and 16 illegal forward pass is waived off despite linesman setting his foot down, questionable as heck PI on 3rd and 16 gets TCC a free down + fifteen. TCC QB is running for his life on plays extended by no-call holds. Sh**, yo.

PI on an uncatchable ball on 2nd and 16 and TCC got a first down from such on their tying drive?

Clock operator is doing poorly. FC hits a sideline pass, steps out with 5 seconds out and clock ran out. Had to run an untimed down to finish the half.

No such thing as "uncatchable" in HS football. As for the others, can't say cuz I'm not there.

No such thing as "uncatchable" in HS football. As for the others, can't say cuz I'm not there.
Thanks for clarifying. FC jammed up the TCC WR within five yards before the ball was even thrown and the ball sailed behind the end zone. Does that meet the definition of defensive PI or does it holding? Regardless, it’s marked as a first down (2nd & 16) when the other PI call was not marked as an automatic first down with the same distance from down?

I’m not at all one to argue such a thing as “tilted officiating”, that’s not my ethos and objectively one can’t argue such especially considering they run two different offenses. There’s been a lot of good “no-calls” and good calls going for/against both teams, but my goodness... TCC is getting blown up on pass blocking and is getting away with obvious jersey pulls and tackles on FC’s ends which in turn are making the plays which TCC has moved the ball possible (scramble and get blessed on the sidelines.) it’s that and the inconsistency on the two PI’s that’s getting to me.

Otherwise good game. TCC is getting ran down the throat and conversely the Saints are getting some good plays to their own credit. Can’t fault the refs at all for the score, but personally frustrated that there seems to be a combination of poor chemistry on the reffing crew (understandable, but see the waived off and illegal forward pass which kept alive their first TD) and whatever the issue is with clock-keeping.