2019 D7 Region 25

JFK is finding it difficult to fill out a full ten game schedule (not uncommon for the Eagles) this year. However, this may not be a bad thing for the school. Almost like a bye in the NFL which may help injuries to heal.

It has its positives and negatives for sure, in the end it won’t be all that big a deal and JFK already got 5 home games scheduled. It does suck for the kids, as there is only limited number of Friday nights and this is one less.

Heading into week 1 here is what I see as the “games of the week”. I’m unfamiliar with some of the schools so if I’m missing any big ones be sure to add them!

Lucas at Danville: Lucas won last year 22-0. Danville had a down year last year at 4-6 but all 6 losses were against solid teams and a win here could get them jump started on a rebound back to the playoffs in R25. Lucas is one of the region favorites and looking to flex it’s muscle

Independence at Columbia Station: Columbia won 35-6 last year. This is a big Harbin opportunity for Independence coming off a 6-4 year. A win here would put them in great position to play week 11.

Brookfield at McDonald: McDonald won last year 48-14. McDonald has a ton of new faces this year and this will be a good game to gauge whether they’ll be a threat. and also should be a decent Harbin opportunity. Even though Brookfield was 3-7 last year they played a brutal schedule and return most of their squad.

Don't sleep on Tusky cen Cath they have alot back from last yes playoff team and added 3 great players from t.v. they should make it at least in r25.

Malvern could also make some noise as well as their program is back on the up

Don't sleep on Tusky cen Cath they have alot back from last yes playoff team and added 3 great players from t.v. they should make it at least in r25.

Malvern could also make some noise as well as their program is back on the up
I thought they only have two from TV? The FB and the DEnd, who they’re putting at OLB? I know that STA looked much better than them in their scrimmage.

Big game for the Saints this Saturday in week 1 against a good team. That’ll go a long way in finding out if they’re going to be playoff caliber or not.

Heading into week 1 here is what I see as the “games of the week”. I’m unfamiliar with some of the schools so if I’m missing any big ones be sure to add them!

Lucas at Danville: Lucas won last year 22-0. Danville had a down year last year at 4-6 but all 6 losses were against solid teams and a win here could get them jump started on a rebound back to the playoffs in R25. Lucas is one of the region favorites and looking to flex it’s muscle

Independence at Columbia Station: Columbia won 35-6 last year. This is a big Harbin opportunity for Independence coming off a 6-4 year. A win here would put them in great position to play week 11.

Brookfield at McDonald: McDonald won last year 48-14. McDonald has a ton of new faces this year and this will be a good game to gauge whether they’ll be a threat. and also should be a decent Harbin opportunity. Even though Brookfield was 3-7 last year they played a brutal schedule and return most of their squad.
I'll definitely be at the Lucas @ Danville game. I will give you all an overview of the game come Monday. GO CUBS.

I'll definitely be at the Lucas @ Danville game. I will give you all an overview of the game come Monday. GO CUBS.

Appreciate it. I’m looking forward to hearing/learning about a lot of these schools that I don’t know too much about. I’ll be at the McDonald game so I’ll be able to do the same, a lot of new faces so I’m excited to see them play. Ill also attempt to do weekly playoff projections (as long as F50 continues to run numbers) like I’ve done for R21 the last few years.

Appreciate it. I’m looking forward to hearing/learning about a lot of these schools that I don’t know too much about. I’ll be at the McDonald game so I’ll be able to do the same, a lot of new faces so I’m excited to see them play. Ill also attempt to do weekly playoff projections (as long as F50 continues to run numbers) like I’ve done for R21 the last few years.
Sounds great! I'll check back in on this thread Monday.

Lucas and Independence both getting big wins tonight in the region. JFK held on as Champion missed a late fg to win 7-6.

McDonald suffered a tough loss to Brookfield 35-28, after leading 28-20 with 5 minutes to go. Overall my thoughts after seeing them is I think McDonald has a good team and they showed some nice flashes. But they made several critical mistakes that could have put this game away. Also just didn’t have the size to tackle the 260 pound behemoth running back Brookfield deploys. Got 2 really tough games at Columbiana and Crestview coming up, need to get at least 1 of them

Last edited:
Week 2 games of the week:

Windham at Lowellville: Both are 1-0, the winner here will be in contention to grab a bottom playoff seed. Windham won last year 41-6.

East Canton at St Thomas Aquinas: Knights got an upset win over Gilmour week 1, a win here and they’ll get themselves into the conversation after a few years, especially with a tough schedule coming up.

McDonald at Columbiana: Blue Devils continue on their tough early season slate after blowing a late lead against Brookfield. Columbiana has a ton of 3 year starters and lost by 7 week 1 to Akron Manchester. McDonald won last year 42-35 and will need to play a great game to win this one.

Other games to keep an eye on: Danville at Loudonville
Lucas at Centerburg

Week 2 games of the week:

Windham at Lowellville: Both are 1-0, the winner here will be in contention to grab a bottom playoff seed. Windham won last year 41-6.

East Canton at St Thomas Aquinas: Knights got an upset win over Gilmour week 1, a win here and they’ll get themselves into the conversation after a few years, especially with a tough schedule coming up.

McDonald at Columbiana: Blue Devils continue on their tough early season slate after blowing a late lead against Brookfield. Columbiana has a ton of 3 year starters and lost by 7 week 1 to Akron Manchester. McDonald won last year 42-35 and will need to play a great game to win this one.

Other games to keep an eye on: Danville at Loudonville
Lucas at Centerburg
Windham only has 16 kids on the team, they will struggle to stay healthy through the whole season. Even if they do I don't think their schedule gives them enough points this year to get in.

Aquinas had a good win but Gilmour lost a ton from last years team. The knights are improving but the games coming up will show what they really have.

Same as Windham, McDonald is going to need to get wins in 1 of the next 2 if not both weeks to really help points wise. A lot of the region plays bigger schools that are going to give boost to points. A win over Columbiana would go a long way.

Windham only has 16 kids on the team, they will struggle to stay healthy through the whole season. Even if they do I don't think their schedule gives them enough points this year to get in.

Aquinas had a good win but Gilmour lost a ton from last years team. The knights are improving but the games coming up will show what they really have.

Same as Windham, McDonald is going to need to get wins in 1 of the next 2 if not both weeks to really help points wise. A lot of the region plays bigger schools that are going to give boost to points. A win over Columbiana would go a long way.

A lot will be determined how high the Harbin threshold is to get in. The last 2 years this region has only required 6ish. I do think it’ll be higher but obviously impossible to tell right now how much.

Windham just has a lot of winnable games on their schedule, so with a win here they easily can get to 6 or 7 and even with low L2s be in lower seed contention.

Agree on everything about STA. This week will tell us if they’re a playoff threat or not.

And for McDonald, they pretty much got a 4 game schedule left (Columbiana, Crestview, WR, Springfield). Just 1 win will probably give them enough harbins to get in, 2 for sure. They got help from Ridge-Low-JM all winning week 1, and all 3 have very winnable games the next 2 weeks as well.

LUCAS
CUYAHOGA HEIGHTS
Independence
MCDONALD
JOHN F KENNEDY (Warren)
CATHOLIC CENTRAL (Steubenville)
ST THOMAS AQUINAS (Louisville)
DANVILLE
SOUTH CENTRAL (Greenwich)
RICHMOND HEIGHTS

also Windham, Valley Christian, Wellsville, LOWELLVILLE, MALVERN, JACKSON-MILTON, FAIRPORT HARDING, TUSCARAWAS CENTRAL CATHOLIC (New Philadelphia), STRASBURG-FRANKLIN

My R25 Top 8
1. Lucas
2. Cuyahoga Heights
3. Warren JFK
4. Independence
5. Windham
6. Steubenville CC
7. McDonald
8. South Central

My R25 Top 8
1. Lucas
2. Cuyahoga Heights
3. Warren JFK
4. Independence
5. Windham
6. Steubenville CC
7. McDonald
8. South Central
You have Windham way too high. They lost everyone off their team last year and only have 16 on the roster. I don see them making the playoffs.

SCC might be squeak in. Aquinas too

You have Windham way too high. They lost everyone off their team last year and only have 16 on the roster. I don see them making the playoffs.

SCC might be squeak in. Aquinas too
The low numbers will definitely catch up with them. Damn good week one win though vs a D2.

The low numbers will definitely catch up with them. Damn good week one win though vs a D2.
Akron North is pretty bad, but that still counts for something as you mention. I think I can speak for everyone though that we appreciate and enjoy your rankings. Genuinely.

I think TCC is better than Windham. Just an inference I feel bullish on. STA is probably better than SCC and TCC. TCC looks like they’ll go 6-3 or 5-4 the rest of the way. If they can upset East Canton, then they’re for sure a top-8 team.

Akron North is pretty bad, but that still counts for something as you mention. I think I can speak for everyone though that we appreciate and enjoy your rankings. Genuinely.

I think TCC is better than Windham. Just an inference I feel bullish on. STA is probably better than SCC and TCC. TCC looks like they’ll go 6-3 or 5-4 the rest of the way. If they can upset East Canton, then they’re for sure a top-8 team.
Thanks! I appreciate that. It's something fun to do.

Ya, a D2 win means quite a bit in my book. You aren't the first to state that Windham is gonna slip out of the rankings. Their low numbers are alarmingly low. Wow.

Great win by FC, BTW. 400 rushing yards is a pretty amazing feet. I am keeping an eye on TCC the rest of the way for sure.

Thanks! I appreciate that. It's something fun to do.

Ya, a D2 win means quite a bit in my book. You aren't the first to state that Windham is gonna slip out of the rankings. Their low numbers are alarmingly low. Wow.

Great win by FC, BTW. 400 rushing yards is a pretty amazing feet. I am keeping an eye on TCC the rest of the way for sure.
Thanks! I am tempted to check out Lucas @ Centerburg. Hard to tell if Centerburg is for real or not, since Utica has traditionally been down.

I agree TCC is better than Windham and probably better than SCC this year. STA is improved and might be the best of the bunch this year. We see them later this year so I'll know more then.

The region as a whole is better than last season. I really believe the winner is going to be in the title game.

I agree TCC is better than Windham and probably better than SCC this year. STA is improved and might be the best of the bunch this year. We see them later this year so I'll know more then.

The region as a whole is better than last season. I really believe the winner is going to be in the title game.

I think you are right.

SCC barely beat one of the worst teams in Ohio last year. They are going to get smashed the next few weeks.

Windham isn’t really good, but they play a crappy schedule so they may get enough wins to qualify for the playoffs. Beating North doesn’t mean squat, north has the longest losing streak in Ohio. 4-6 D5 Lutheran East last year blew them out of the water.

I agree that TCC is better than both, as is independence.

Here’s my power rankings:

1- Lucas
2- CH
3-JFK
4- McDonald
5- Independence
6- TCC
7- Danville
8- South Central
9- Aquinas
10- Windham/SCC

Last edited:
SCC barely beat one of the worst teams in Ohio last year. They are going to get smashed the next few weeks.

Windham isn’t really good, but they play a crappy schedule so they may get enough wins to qualify for the playoffs. Beating North doesn’t mean squat, north has the longest losing streak in Ohio. 4-6 D5 Lutheran East last year blew them out of the water.

1- Lucas
2- CH
3-JFK
4- McDonald
5- Independence
6- TCC
7- Danville
8- South Central
9- Aquinas
10- Windham/SCC

Africentric being one of the "worst teams in Ohio" is of their own AD's doing. They have 23 players on their roster, are in D6 and play a schedule made up of almost exclusively D2 and 3 teams. They have several kids over 250-260 and one over 300, with speed to burn all over the field. If they played an average D6 or D7 schedule with the current team they would win between 4 and 6 games IMO.

Not saying SCC is a juggernaut, but Africentric's losing streak is not what it seems on its face.

1- Lucas
2- CH
3-JFK
4- McDonald
5- Independence
6- TCC
7- Danville
8- South Central
9- Aquinas
10- Windham/SCC
I wouldn't disagree with anything you said.

I dont see McDonald at 4. I think they go 5-5 this year possibly 4-6

5-5 is possible if they lose all their big games, I don’t think they do but it’s possible for sure. But 4-6 would require a loss to one of the lower MVAC teams and that isn’t happening.

1- Lucas
2- CH
3-JFK
4- McDonald
5- Independence
6- TCC
7- Danville
8- South Central
9- Aquinas
10- Windham/SCC
This is a good list. Knowing what I know now about Windham, I would probably drop them down to 8 or so. Danville is going to win some games.

Thanks! I am tempted to check out Lucas @ Centerburg. Hard to tell if Centerburg is for real or not, since Utica has traditionally been down.
Should be decent game. Lucas trounced Centerburg last year, and are 27 point favorites (Calpreps), but you know how that goes. Anyone can beat anyone on any given day.

STA with the big win tonight. They are definitely in the playoff conversation.

After wasting way to much time on this tonight, here’s my very rough playoff projections: (this will be funny to look back on in week 10 for sure- and definitely wouldn’t take any of this with anything more than a grain of salt).

1-4 I actually didn’t go through these teams as I think they are pretty safe to make it and likely top seeds at this point: Lucas, CH, JFK, Independence.

As for the rest:
5- Danville (6-4) 9.85
6- McDonald (5-5) 9.35
7- TCC (6-4) 8.55
8- South Central (6-4) 8.25

9- STA (5-4) 7.95
10- Leetonia (7-3) 7.8
11- Jackson-Milton (6-4) 7.65

Africentric being one of the "worst teams in Ohio" is of their own AD's doing. They have 23 players on their roster, are in D6 and play a schedule made up of almost exclusively D2 and 3 teams. They have several kids over 250-260 and one over 300, with speed to burn all over the field. If they played an average D6 or D7 schedule with the current team they would win between 4 and 6 games IMO.

Not saying SCC is a juggernaut, but Africentric's losing streak is not what it seems on its face.

Was at that game. Accurate description of Africentric. Their AD needs to lighten their schedule to give those kids a chance.