Three Rivers Conference 2018-2019

So then, any news on the Scott front?

well per sources the scott job isn’t even POSTED yet interesting fact coach Martin scrambled together the scott summer league team this past weekend so they wouldn’t have to forfeit their games and coached them (in a rogers shirt on BCSN) and from the looks the cupboard is empty whoever shows interest is taking on a challenge

Admire the dedication. Guy could have walked and not looked back. Scott has more alums than any other school in the city. If the cupboard is bare, that's on them. They'll be back.

Am told the McKinstry kid from Fremont who attends SJ was granted another year of eligibility. Good story in the making there, hope the Blade does a write up on it soon.

Am told the McKinstry kid from Fremont who attends SJ was granted another year of eligibility. Good story in the making there, hope the Blade does a write up on it soon.

I have never heard that happening in high school before, but if there was ever a reason to use some common sense and allow him to play this would be it. Lets hope he has it beat.

Does anyone know if Smith will be able to play all season at Rogers? Usually transferring from a private back to your home district means not having to sit out. Anybody know for sure?

Thought I’d share this video here that I just made. In SVSM’s regional final victory over Ottawa Glandorf in 2002 LeBron James displayed an all around game that would come to define his playing style for the duration of his career.

LeBron James at Savage Hall (2002)

As far as the best team in the area, Rogers should have that distinction heading into the season no question about it.

Care to add more......not sure what "noise" you are talking about?

Maybe talking whats on the TCL thread? It's one net transfer to the TCL maybe. Who knows what else went on. But landscape change? Lima Sr still out there right? Start was the best local so it wouldn't be a surprise if a TCL team was again. Scott, Woodward and Waite still struggling at every level. Macomber relegated to a bunch of SENIORS playing 3 on 3. The average is still going to be much higher in the TRAC.

Unless there's something else, I don't see his point.

Looking forward to seeing Rogers.

Added Neal from St. Francis (for sure) and Coleman from MVCD (I am told, but not confirmed) to a very good core.

Key will be putting 100% effort in on the defensive end. IF that happens the offense will take care of itself.

Over/under on dunks per game is 9. It is scary how long and athletic they are at all 5 positions.

Nah... Josiah Fulcher is still here in Lima. You remember the co TRAC player of the year as a junior.
^ - As White Goodman would say...touché.

cchs1983's point is made though. So Caleb Smith went from Rogers, to SJ, back to Rogers, and is now at Start? And Jamyea Neal went from Washington Local to SF and is now at Rogers? These two make Nate Miles and Chris Poellnitz look loyal.:LOL:

Rogers has the talent to run through D2 but we all said the same thing in 1995 when just about every stud in the TCL transferred to Scott and they could never get past the fact that they had one basketball. And that happened with a seasoned coach. I hope they figure it out.

^ - As White Goodman would say...touché.

cchs1983's point is made though. So Caleb Smith went from Rogers, to SJ, back to Rogers, and is now at Start? And Jamyea Neal went from Washington Local to SF and is now at Rogers? These two make Nate Miles and Chris Poellnitz look loyal.:LOL:

Rogers has the talent to run through D2 but we all said the same thing in 1995 when just about every stud in the TCL transferred to Scott and they could never get past the fact that they had one basketball. And that happened with a seasoned coach. I hope they figure it out.
And Emmanuel Christian was { } that close to getting Neal. Look for EC to replace MVCD as a top spot in town for top talent.

This has become more of a TCL thread than a TRAC thread!
That's not true. The discussion has been about all the TRAC players leaving. :D

It's really not as bad as it sounds. These are for the most part, players going "home." They had left to go to private schools in the TRAC. The one from Wash Loc, I don't know. Maybe moved from TPS land to Wash Loc land and back? No, I'm not giving up my cynism long enought to believe these moves are for better academic situations but I also don't know for fact.

TRAC are far superior academically and overall athletically. But home is home. If goals can be accomplished at home, a kid is going to go home.

Done deal, Dante Wheeler transferred from Elida to Lima Senior.
Is Naz Cameron back at Lima Senior or still at London?

Lima will be the team to beat in D1 in NW Ohio. Too bad Rogers has dropped to D2 with all their gets in the off season.

Is Naz Cameron back at Lima Senior or still at London?

Lima will be the team to beat in D1 in NW Ohio. Too bad Rogers has dropped to D2 with all their gets in the off season.

I do not believe that Cameron came back home. As far as I know he stayed at London. He would have made one heck of an addition.

Spartan87,

I had been hearing rumors all summer long that there was a possibility of Jainaz Cameron moving back to Lima for his junior year. I really liked his play in his freshman year and saw tremendous potential in his future even though he missed several games due to injury early in the season. I know he was listed as 6"5" as a freshman, but I followed his progress at London his soph season and he was listed at 6'7" last year. He is ranked as the third best power forward in "270 Hoops" for the class of 2020 in Central Ohio.

Would have been great to see him move back to Lima Sr for his junior year. He and Jourdyn Rawlins were the only two freshman in 2017 to make the varsity roster and Rawlins had to sit out the first half of his freshman year per OHSAA ruling, then was declared eligible only to have the OHSSA then not allow him to play his soph. year in just an absurd handling after declaring him eligible at end of freshman year and he had already resided in Lima since the 8th grade, grades not an issue since he is a 4.0 student. Rawlins should be ready to roll finally as he starts his junior season and he will be an excellent addition to the returnees this upcoming season, Naz Cameron would have been the icing on the cake !!

The addition of 6'7" Dante Wheeler ,transfer from Elida for his senior year could be huge if Wheeler can get a better grip on his attitude, which was a problem at Elida. Maybe a change of venue will give him a clean slate, time will tell I guess. I recall his play against Lima Sr. last year when he had 20 points and 12 rebounds against the Spartans while Matt Fish dropped 28 points and had 11 boards . Wheeler can definitely play. That was the game JoJo Fulcher had 31 against Elida and Jamir Simpson and Jadakis Mack combined for 30 points 14 rebounds.

Whether Naz Cameron returns or not, I expect an excellent season with the return of JoJo Fulcher, Jamir Simpson, Khali Luster, Jadakis Mack, Camron Miles, Da'San Clair, Tayion Johnson, and Dante Wheeler, and Jourdan Rawlins. This roster should give any team in the Three Rivers Conference all they can handle.

JB

And Jermaine Daniel is back as well. Spartans are going to be loaded...

Spartan87,

OMG, How did I forget Jermaine ,"enter shooting" Daniel ? Definitely an oversight on my part.
I know Mansfield Senior won't forget him after those 8 treys he drained against them last season
Quite a night for Jermaine with 24 points. all from behind the arc ! Yes, add him to the list and Lima Senior will be loaded. They seem to be overlooked by many of the Toledo fans so far, but we shall see.

JB

Spartan87,

OMG, How did I forget Jermaine ,"enter shooting" Daniel ? Definitely an oversight on my part.
I know Mansfield Senior won't forget him after those 8 treys he drained against them last season
Quite a night for Jermaine with 24 points. all from behind the arc ! Yes, add him to the list and Lima Senior will be loaded. They seem to be overlooked by many of the Toledo fans so far, but we shall see.

JB

You have a basis for that comment JB?

I mean yeah technically, they are being overlooked by "many" Toledo fans because most kids in Toledo probably think "lima" is just a bean. But those that play b-ball and will be playing Lima High School, know what Lima will bring, the coaches know what Lima will bring. There are no secrets.