Kelly Bryant - no ring

Red14

So former Clemson QB Kelly Bryant, who started 4 games last season for the Tigers, has made the news because it was decided by head coach Dabo Sweeney that he would not get a national championship ring. For some reason, many in the media are losing their minds over this???

First of all, this isn't pro sports where players who are ON rosters get a possible cut of postseason money/ rings, etc.

Kelly Bryant TRANSFERRED after game 4. He was no longer on the team! How in the heck does he deserve a ring? Isn't it very well known that in high school and college, you must COMPLETE the year in good standing to get letters or awards??? That's pretty universal.

Thoughts??

Here is the e thing....would he even want one?
That’s my thought too. I’m sure he felt pretty crappy watching Clemson thrive under Lawrence, why would he want any kid of reminder?

Ultimately, I have to side with Dabo. I think you should be on the team when you actually play in the Title game to win those rings.

Last edited:
We live in an age now where it seems like the schools bend over backwards for the student athletes. Voice, not sure if he'd even want one or anticipate one.

We live in an age now where it seems like the schools bend over backwards for the student athletes. Voice, not sure if he'd even want one or anticipate one.
And I don’t blame Bryant for transferring when he did. He took advantage of a rule that made him eligible this yr. However, you can’t have your cake and eat it too.

I am not sure I would want one in that situation.

He quit. He didn't ride out the season being a good backup in case the starter got hurt. He was mad that he was benched and said f-you. Let's see how good the kid is. A good teammate would have been like Jalen Hurts who stuck it out and did contribute to the team getting to the NC. When you quit you don't get the rewards that came to the team you quit. Another sign of the apocalypse.

He quit. He didn't ride out the season being a good backup in case the starter got hurt. He was mad that he was benched and said f-you. Let's see how good the kid is. A good teammate would have been like Jalen Hurts who stuck it out and did contribute to the team getting to the NC. When you quit you don't get the rewards that came to the team you quit. Another sign of the apocalypse.

He didn't even ask for a ring. Are you high?