Massillon 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
These degenerate clowns want so badly to throw shade on the Tigers anyway they can. They know we're going to have another great season and they can't stand that. So since they can't be critical of the play on the field, they take a loose thread and try to spin. Complete garbage if you ask me to spin the story of a young man having to go to a jc to get eligible as a black eye against Massillon. There are any number of reasons for this and of course the conclusions the clowns come up with are the most far outlandish claims. How many kids have gone on to be successfully admitted to the school of their choosing through their participation in the Massillon football program?

Again folks this is a Massillon 2019 thread, please don't feed the monkeys. ?

This. Just makes them want more. I'm done.

Interesting write up on the D line. That will make or break the season imo. A little more confident in secondary and linebackers and look forward to reading how those are progressing. To answer Clarkgriswalds earlier question Keyes did play a few snaps at db in the Avon scrimmage. And I saw Phifer play some LB. Both also had huge days on offense. Coaches are tinkering at this point.

The kicking game is going to be a positive, one of the best punters in the state (Haines) and a consistent kicker in Bauer. Haven't seen much on Young Mr. Bauer but heard he put some work in this offseason. I believe I saw a video of (I think it was Haines) kicking off and burying them in the endzone. That's burying your opponent in bad field position consistently which is HUGE.

The Defense will be the big key. If we hold teams to 20 points or less we will be in great shape. This team will score points in bunches. Hopefully not 101 bunches.except when playing a fed team.

The Defense will be the big key. If we hold teams to 20 points or less we will be in great shape. This team will score points in bunches. Hopefully not 101 bunches.except when playing a fed team.
Youre right Owner, we lose a lot of really good football players on D. It may take a little time for the newbies to become "football players", but until they do at least we'll just have to rely on athleticism.

Attention Trolls of Massillon Football here is your chance..??

https://massillontigers.com/2019/08/14/cant-get-enough-Massillon-football-join-the-touchdown-club/

Scrimmage tonight against Berea Midpark. It will have more “game situation” in it than the Avon scrimmage did. Should help with finding what lineups work best.

Stay healthy!

Scrimmage tonight against Berea Midpark. It will have more “game situation” in it than the Avon scrimmage did. Should help with finding what lineups work best.

Stay healthy!

Look forward to learning more about the team, especially defensively. But what a mess there. Maybe not fair to lump em all but wouldn't mind replacing them next year. Esp. after last year too.

Stay healthy is right, that goes for all.

Tigers played solid tonight. Scored 4 times gave up 1 score in a half. Had some key starters out tonight 4 to be exact included the QB. Everyone needs to get healthy and get ready for the final tune up before week 1.

Defensively our inexperience showed tonight, however they were very aggressive. We looked very good against the run. Offensively we got some good work for #2 QB which is good. Looks like we could plug just anyone in there at RB and they'll have 1,200 yards.

Defensively our inexperience showed tonight, however they were very aggressive. We looked very good against the run. Offensively we got some good work for #2 QB which is good. Looks like we could plug just anyone in there at RB and they'll have 1,200 yards.
True but Keyes is special. He could get 2000 with enough carries. We were without our starting QB and 2 offensive lineman tonight. The offense can be pretty darn good to say the least. Defensively we will get better as the year goes on. It also depends on how many guys start or play both ways once the season starts

Good to know we're set up nicely at QB next year, or this year if called upon. Anyone stand out defensively? I figured Krichbaum but haven't heard much on the ilb's. We'll be hearing alot of "Williams on the coverage" over the PA with 3 of them at cb, lol. All look pretty good too. I know Lamp and Ballard have been practicing there but I doubt they'll play much D.

True but Keyes is special. He could get 2000 with enough carries. We were without our starting QB and 2 offensive lineman tonight. The offense can be pretty darn good to say the least. Defensively we will get better as the year goes on. It also depends on how many guys start or play both ways once the season starts
Correct, we will get better defensively, all correctable mistakes that once the coaches can go over it with the kids and the kid actually sees it on film....that will be a huge fix.

Good to know we're set up nicely at QB next year, or this year if called upon. Anyone stand out defensively? I figured Krichbaum but haven't heard much on the ilb's. We'll be hearing alot of "Williams on the coverage" over the PA with 3 of them at cb, lol. All look pretty good too. I know Lamp and Ballard have been practicing there but I doubt they'll play much D.
I don't know if anyone really stood out. The Woullard kid looks really good off the edge.

We stuffed the run all night but I don't know if that's impressive again st Berea Midpark or not. I know their QB looks pretty good, is this the same kid as last year? Keyes had a really nice tackle while playing in the secondary. Again, I don't know if anyone "stood out" but every single kid was aggressive and we have some hitters on this team.

Woullard would’ve probably had multiple sacks or at least had knocked the qb into next week as he threw if the qbs had been live. Berea’s score probably would’ve been a sack if he hadn’t pulled up coming off the edge. Page flashed some good speed and tackling from his safety position. Krichbaum and Murphy didn’t play. The defense as a whole tackles really well. The defensive backs were really physical with their tackles as well which was nice to see.

Thanks JLP, MT3. I thought coach Simon was right on point earlier this week saying more QB pressure and athleticism on the D front was a goal this year over last. I've been saying the same. Doesn't mean it will happen but good to know he's trying to address.

Status
Not open for further replies.