Midwest Athletic Conference 2019

I watched an hour of it. I think we competed alright. One thing I noticed that I liked was Myles Blasingame was taking reps at Running Back and was running people over. Big plus! I was also told his younger brother, Marcel who is a freshman, was doing the same thing after I left. Defensively we're still trying to work the kinks out. Its the first scrimmage. We got two more to go.
Oh and Russell Klosterman was playing Middle Linebacker and not Defensive Tackle. Our DT 1st teamers for the scrimmage were Adam Diller and Blake Dippold.

Remember when they mimicked Michigan helmets, and believe the Steelers as well over the years.

Much ado about nothing. Uniforms are becoming a fashion show from college on down.

If you have to repaint the helmets every year, you might as well put something different. Different look, hopefully different (better)team? The only thing that stays the same is the losing.

Panthers new helmets aren't great, but I don't hate them. I do like how they utilize their unique old gold color as the primary.
While we're barely grazing the subject, I wish Minster would add the orange paw print again. I also would love if Fort Recovery would add the old spear or an Indian head if they aren't using tomahawks anymore, or switch it up entirely and go back to full purple with a new decal scheme. But with winning state in those helmets, I fear they'll never refresh in lieu of "tradition."

Panthers new helmets aren't great, but I don't hate them. I do like how they utilize their unique old gold color as the primary.
While we're barely grazing the subject, I wish Minster would add the orange paw print again. I also would love if Fort Recovery would add the old spear or an Indian head if they aren't using tomahawks anymore, or switch it up entirely and go back to full purple with a new decal scheme. But with winning state in those helmets, I fear they'll never refresh in lieu of "tradition."
You and me both.

If past pre-season schedules are the same this year we should have a scrimmage with OG this Friday. This has always been a very intense and physical scrimmage, should be a good indicator of how we will stack up this year. I will be out of town but I will try and post anything I hear post scrimmage.

I heard FR looked pretty good against Crestview. FR scored 10 or 11 times on 40 plays. They gave up 3 scores.

Anyone see the scrimmage?

I heard FR looked pretty good against Crestview. FR scored 10 or 11 times on 40 plays. They gave up 3 scores.

Anyone see the scrimmage?
Didn't see the scrimmage. Crestview doesn't ever throw the house in their scrimmages. Very vanilla. Typically have to read between the lines. Usually get beat in all three as coaches work out the kinks and let some of the JV players prove themselves as special teams/backups (and sometimes get beat soundly). Experimenting with different QBs right now.

I would, however, say that Fort Recovery is likely the better team this year. Very much a "rebuilding and/or rebranding year" as we are hopeful to gain momentum and try to get into the playoffs with a very young core. We have some pieces in the upper classes, but the next wave of really good talent is in the Jr High with some very solid pieces sitting in the freshman and sophomore classes.

That being said....very much looking forward to hearing how the ML/Spencerville scrimmage turns out. That is tonight, correct?

How was the Greenville scrimmage?

State, dominant performance in all facets. I lost track of scoring at around 7-0. That's not including jv or freshmen who pitched a shutout as well. Offensively, what I was happy to see was the 2nd and 3rd efforts from the ball carriers. I have to give lil Zack a shout-out because he had a couple nice runs.... Shifty, speed, great balance. The only thing I was disappointed with was the post pass. Either Jake is late getting it there or not putting enough mustard on it but they did have one hook up. Jake did hit Ethan on a beautiful ball down the sideline in stride. I just think Will could have a big breakout season. I wanna see it start happening for him pronto!

Defensively, they played in the backfield all day. I think Greenville had 1 play of 20 yards??? My worries is I don't feel CW defense has been challenged through the first 2 scrimmages and with Kenton up week one, I'm hoping Celina will have a good passing game to expose some things that need to be addressed. Loved the enthusiasm today, loved the effort. Hoping it continues to build!