UC Bearcats 2019

The 2019 schedule

Thursday, Aug. 29 UCLA at Nippert Stadium (ESPN)

Saturday, Sept. 7 at Ohio State

Saturday, Sept. 14 Miami (OH) at Nippert

Saturday, Sept. 28 at Marshall

Friday, Oct. 4 UCF at Nippert (ESPN Networks)

Saturday, Oct. 12 at Houston

Saturday, Oct. 19 Tulsa at Nippert

Saturday, Nov. 2 at ECU

Saturday, Nov. 9 UConn at Nippert

Saturday, Nov. 16 at USF

Saturday, Nov. 23 Temple at Nippert

Friday, Nov. 29 at Memphis

Looks like UCLA @ UC will be the 1st game of the season on ESPN, probably will have the game day crew there too. No way this thing should be short of a sellout. The Friday UCF game kind of stinks, competing against HS Football in the Cincy market will be tough. Finally the schedule is front loaded, if they come out of the 1st 6 games 3-3 and they should be very happy.

Tough schedule. Miami, Tulsa, ECU, and UConn might be the only games they'll be favored to win. Maybe @Marshall.

QB Evan Prater [Wyoming HS] commits to UC, excellent pickup for UC, also his brother is transferring to UC from Ohio St.

I haven't seen it said it on here yet but 2018 4 star prospect L'Christian "Blue" Smith also elected to transfer from Ohio State to Cincinnati.

They got a kid from Alabama (the University)recently as well. Kyriq McDonald DB 5'11/197, 4 Star coming out of HS, RS Freshman last season with Tide.

Well they did beat UCLA last year in LA so, yeah, I guess they have a "chance". OSU will probably win by 15+ but I bet its a competitive game.

UC at Ohio State, Sept 7th, noon on ABC
This could be a very scary game for the Buckeyes. UC took major strides last year. Fickell knows a lot of these players because he recruited them. If I'm Day, I do not want to have this as the "tough" game that the Bucks play. I don't even know if this would be that big of an upset. Here is the question: If UC upsets the Bucks, beats UCLA, and then runs the table, should they be in the playoffs? They win those first two games that is going to be the question posed. I say they should.

This could be a very scary game for the Buckeyes. UC took major strides last year. Fickell knows a lot of these players because he recruited them. If I'm Day, I do not want to have this as the "tough" game that the Bucks play. I don't even know if this would be that big of an upset. Here is the question: If UC upsets the Bucks, beats UCLA, and then runs the table, should they be in the playoffs? They win those first two games that is going to be the question posed. I say they should.
Yes. If Cincinnati goes 14-0 with a win over OSU, they should be a lock.

That's a moronic question without giving any context for the rest of college football lol. What if Michigan, Oklahoma, Alabama and Clemson go undefeated as well?

Fickel upset that Harbaugh won't "help" Hudson get immediate eligibility? What's with that? Siding with Harbaugh doesn't come easy but no, it wouldn't be honest to "help" Hudson. His honest job is to relay honest information and let the decision lay where it does based upon that. It's not to fabricate, twist or interpret.

What is Fickel getting at?

Fickel upset that Harbaugh won't "help" Hudson get immediate eligibility? What's with that? Siding with Harbaugh doesn't come easy but no, it wouldn't be honest to "help" Hudson. His honest job is to relay honest information and let the decision lay where it does based upon that. It's not to fabricate, twist or interpret.

What is Fickel getting at?
Because in the case of every other transfer they got the previous schools head coach helped out and made the case for the kid to play right away. They made an effort out of concern for the kid and not their own interests. Harbaugh basically was done with the kid when he put his name in the transfer pool. Nothing he did was wrong just reflective that he cares more about protecting his program alone and not being supportive of the individual kids who come and go. It will help him minimally in the short term but now other coaches and programs will be less likely to reciporicate helping him in the future and opposing coaches now have something to hold against Michigan with future recruits. Again he did nothing against the rules, but being a jerk and not helping a kid does not reflect well on him.

Because in the case of every other transfer they got the previous schools head coach helped out and made the case for the kid to play right away. They made an effort out of concern for the kid and not their own interests. Harbaugh basically was done with the kid when he put his name in the transfer pool. Nothing he did was wrong just reflective that he cares more about protecting his program alone and not being supportive of the individual kids who come and go. It will help him minimally in the short term but now other coaches and programs will be less likely to reciporicate helping him in the future and opposing coaches now have something to hold against Michigan with future recruits. Again he did nothing against the rules, but being a jerk and not helping a kid does not reflect well on him.
This really isn't very clear to me. I can only say how I'm interpreting it.

So he's supposed to help the kid by lying? Violating the rules? Your opening sentence seems like it's saying, everyone else cheats so anyone that doesn't cheat, isn't "helping" the kids. I don't imagine that was intended but maybe it is what you're saying?

What form of not lying or not cheating was this help suppose to take? I guess that's not very clear to me but Harbaugh seems to think it was and Fickle comes off slimey by not clearly saying it isn't and here's why. He's upset that he didn't get a good'ol boy agreement.

I kind of think you help a kid by being honest. Another year is not a tough lesson to learn. The kid wanted to change schools, the kid is helped by learning that things you want, cost.

Still plenty of tickets available for the UCLA game. With great weather and a power 5 opponent in town you would have thought this game would be close to a sell out.