2019 Mid-State League

This might be top 10 dumbest moves in SEO history in sports or is a conspiracy to make Miller give up football so those kids can go to Trimble

The MSL is a mess. No vision or foresight in letting teams in and no long term competitive plan. Sad to see what has become of a once proud brand.

The MSL is a mess. No vision or foresight in letting teams in and no long term competitive plan. Sad to see what has become of a once proud brand.
100% agreed.

I really think the solution existed in just moving Grandview Heights to the Cardinal. Now, by adding Miller for all sports the MSL adds a school with “not good” athletics located far away from everyone competing.

You have to wonder if Grove City Christian is going to stick around. Another long trip...

Great point on GCC, Artie.

Saw some action and photos of FC — they got some serious dudes. Big, quick running backs and a huge yet athletic line. This is a team where the standard will be 10-0 or 9-1. Good golly, FC versus Lucas in week 8 might be a Game of the Decade candidate in Fairfield County.

NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND! Everyone can look good getting off a bus, in a photo, or scrimmaging someone who is of less talent. Let's see if the discipline has returned to FC. Watched two games last year and was very disappointed in how some of the individuals acted coming off the field ( Just an outside view opinion)! You could have all the talent in the world, but talent only goes so far. Saw big kids with 80's number who should of been a 60's number. It's about playing for each other and sacrificing for the team. I hope that 10-0 or 9-1 is the standard, but I don't count my chickens before they hatch!

NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND! Everyone can look good getting off a bus, in a photo, or scrimmaging someone who is of less talent. Let's see if the discipline has returned to FC. Watched two games last year and was very disappointed in how some of the individuals acted coming off the field ( Just an outside view opinion)! You could have all the talent in the world, but talent only goes so far. Saw big kids with 80's number who should of been a 60's number. It's about playing for each other and sacrificing for the team. I hope that 10-0 or 9-1 is the standard, but I don't count my chickens before they hatch!
I wasn’t basing it off their scrimmage vs Miller (not at all a good team) but rather against Adena (made d6 playoffs and returns almost all of their offense and defense.)

I would agree on the discipline part, but everything I’ve seen thus far in the offseason suggests they’ve really reeled it in under this senior class. Lot of team focus and holding each other accountable. Last year they literally lost two games (Berne and WC) because of all the penalties they racked up. I know that the administration held the coaching staff’s feet to the fire over the winter on that. I’ve seen a lot more stepping out, calling out and energy from the two longtime assistants so far this offseason and the HC has pulled kids aside a lot as well.

Dock, I want what you smoking. 10-0 or 9-1 standard. Please, key players ineligible for second half of the season as transfers, 5-5 maybe 6-4. Head Coach has a way of losing games, switches offenses throughout the season. Lost best lineman back to Amanda. Administration did nothing of the sort about cleaning up penalties and lack of discipline. I want some of the kush you are puffing on

Not going to give unneeded attention to the complete garbage posted by the troll but I will say the comment on transfer eligibility is 100% wrong. They are not by means going to miss any “key players”.

Last edited:
Man you are insane. I didn’t name any students or imply and students. All I said was most students are failing math midway through first quarter because they are adjusting to the rigor...my kid was one of them. But if the new policy holds true, they will lose some players because of the new eligibility rule. But like a typical know-it-all, you jump to FERPA like a moron. I am a regular joe, I have no access to educational records, I was stating what my son experienced, my right as a parent. You Artie are a fool, like all the other FC supporters who think they will ever be good again.

Last edited:
Again I am an outsider looking in and knowing that the school does have some tough teachers, but I believe that you could go in and get help when needed. Teachers are there to help you and most seem to notice when you are trying and giving extra to get that grade up. When they see that kind of effort then I believe they will try and help out as much as they can with the student. You can't except to get a good grade if you don't ask questions in class, go in for extra help, or ask if there is anything you can do to get that grade above failing. It is not an adjustment to know those things. With all that being said I want to say Good Luck to FC this weekend! I will be rooting for you all!

In the Cardinal.... week 1....

Worthington Christian beat Clark Northeastern 27-14. WC has a stud basketball player who is playing WR this year, and he balled out.

Berne Union put the wood to hapless West Muskingum.

FC took care of business at TCC. FCA... good luck. Please win a non-league game, for the love of God. GCC lost to Middletown Christian.

Week 2... BU hosts Alexander. Tough game but winnable for BU. WC hosts Northmor... ouch! FC hosts Crestline, will be a win. FCA makes the long, excruciating and horrifying bus ride to Symmes Valley. GCC hosts TCC... gonna be tough for the Eagles.

In the Ohio... week 1...

Ready with a nice victory on the road at Genoa. Grandview beat Centennial on TNL. Academy got spanked by defending d4 champ Wyoming, Bexley was handled by Waynesville, Whitehall got worked by W. Central and Buckeye Valley was dominated by Hayes. Harvest Prep lost in the last few minutes on a blocked punt by Eastmoor. LU lost to Heath.

Week 2... Grandview should beat Africentric, Harvest should mercy Mifflin, Bexley can beat Campbell, Whitehall ??? Northland, Ready vs West Jeff should be a good game. LU will lose to Bloom-Carroll. Academy has a good one versus Newark Cath. Buckeye Valley vs Big Walnut... who knows?

In the Buckeye... week 1...

BC had a dominating win over a good Highland team. You can run, but you can’t hide from Otto Kuhns! Teays beat Chillicothe, HT lost to Franklin Heights, LE beat Zane Trace, Circleville and Fairfield Union both lost big to Miami Trace and New Lexington.

BC should 30-point LU. TV should beat Logan. LE should beat Westfall. Amanda beat Independence last week and has a tough one versus Unioto. FU has Lakewood. Circleville has Court House, ouch. HT has a backyard brawl against an improved Groveport.

Really thought HT would beat Franklin Heights. We scored first on a safety, put some drives early that went inside the 5, then fizzled. Had a punt return for a TD get called back for an illegal block, I think. FH did what they had to do to put together a go-ahead drive late in the 4th qtr.

Week 2 - Groveport up next in the Battle for the (Obetz) Fortress, round 3. Series tied 1-1.

FU had less than 30 players versus New Lex and got blasted. Sad that they aren’t playing Liberty Union. LU also low on numbers and size.

Great to see Berne and WC do well so far. GCC can get a few non-league wins. FCA... pass the sticks.

Really thought HT would beat Franklin Heights. We scored first on a safety, put some drives early that went inside the 5, then fizzled. Had a punt return for a TD get called back for an illegal block, I think. FH did what they had to do to put together a go-ahead drive late in the 4th qtr.

Week 2 - Groveport up next in the Battle for the (Obetz) Fortress, round 3. Series tied 1-1.

Ready might have something to say about the battle for Fortress now that its our adopted home field

Ready might have something to say about the battle for Fortress now that its our adopted home field

Did not know that. I know that Bexley borrowed the Fortress last year when they hosted us, I think their field was being resurfaced at the time?

EDIT: Ah, now I see the link where you're playing 4 home games at the Fortress. To sound stupid, I was unaware Ready didn't have a proper stadium until just now. Saw an article from a few years back that discussed the lack of land to build.

I remember Wehrle using our stadium as their home field back in the 1970's. They had a decent field with a track, just no bleachers.

Honestly though, only Hamilton Township can only use the Battle At The Fortress phrase, since it's endorsed by Obetz. You'll have to come up with something different, like "Tilt Under The Tower". :giggle:

https://obetz.oh.us/events/obetz-bowl/

Last edited:

I was surprised to see this score for sure.