Northwest Conference 2019

Evan Schroeder. I do remember hearing his name. Maybe it was the defensive side of the ball but again, another returning player. Looks like Grove will have a ton of returning Juniors and Seniors. They have really big numbers from what I hear. Shouldn't have plenty to pick from.

Last number I heard was close to 60. The key will be the line play on both sides of the ball. I think maybe all but 1 on offense and 2 on defense lines return this year.

Grove earned 9 1st or 2nd team all NWC selections 7 of the awards were seniors. The two underclassmen were Reynolds and a soph OL. Spencerville has more back than grove. I know Crestview beat Spencerville last year but A LOT had to go right for crestview for that to happen including a last second TD pass.
Maybe the greatest high school game I have ever watched (if you like offense). And yes. Crestview lost a commanding lead, only to have Kline lead them down the field and throw a roll out against his body, on the button to Painter for the win. Possibly one of the top 2-3 passes I've ever seen in high school football. Good memories.......that said.......our NWC coaches are great at handing out awards to their upperclassmen. I would say Clement was one of the top WRs in the league (1st or 2nd team) for Grove, but you are saying he didn't get an award. I'm not big on the awards.

However, I am not counting Spencerville out. They run their version of an option offense as good as any team around. Very sound. Will have to see a bit more out of their defense to say they will win the NWC, but I definitely put them in the mix.

Last number I heard was close to 60. The key will be the line play on both sides of the ball. I think maybe all but 1 on offense and 2 on defense lines return this year.
Wow. That's huge. Returning major portions of a line is key to success. So hard to get multiple year linemen where almost all return in small school football.

who does everyone have and when on scrimmages?
Crestview starts with Fort Recovery at Home on 8/9, then has Antwerp at home on 8/16 and wraps up its yearly foodbank fundraising scrimmage at Van Wert on 8/23. It'll be intriguing as they are replacing over half of the team on both sides of the ball but had some decent young talent coming up. Looking forward to see if this is a playoff team or not.

Crestview starts with Fort Recovery at Home on 8/9, then has Antwerp at home on 8/16 and wraps up its yearly foodbank fundraising scrimmage at Van Wert on 8/23. It'll be intriguing as they are replacing over half of the team on both sides of the ball but had some decent young talent coming up. Looking forward to see if this is a playoff team or not.

I can't imagine having a big turnout on 8/16 with all the happenings in the area that weekend.

I can't imagine having a big turnout on 8/16 with all the happenings in the area that weekend.
Ehh. It's going to be a tame crowd for the better part of the beginning of the season. Wren Days has never had a major effect on the amount of people that show up to scrimmages. Lawn Mower races and youth whiffleball only draw so many people. Many of our scrimmages are average to low numbered crowds until Van Wert. Then depending on the outlook of the season, the crowd starts to be defined. Crestview is a proud school but we have fair weather fans like any school.

Ehh. It's going to be a tame crowd for the better part of the beginning of the season. Wren Days has never had a major effect on the amount of people that show up to scrimmages. Lawn Mower races and youth whiffleball only draw so many people. Many of our scrimmages are average to low numbered crowds until Van Wert. Then depending on the outlook of the season, the crowd starts to be defined. Crestview is a proud school but we have fair weather fans like any school.

I'll have to get more familiar with the program since the step kids attend Crestview. It'd be really great to have a webcast for their games like AC & SA do. Then I can split screen the laptop to the tv and save some $ and appease everyone.

I know most NWC teams open with long time traditional season openers but curious if any open with someone new this year. I know Ada for years has opened with USV, but this year switched it up and now open against New Bremen. Anyone else opening against someone new this year?

I know most NWC teams open with long time traditional season openers but curious if any open with someone new this year. I know Ada for years has opened with USV, but this year switched it up and now open against New Bremen. Anyone else opening against someone new this year?
Nothing for Crestview. Opening up with Parkway for something like our 15th (could be off a couple) year in a row.

Are the Panthers going to be improved? How much of a drop off could the Knights have?
They have good running backs but with having their 5th coach in 5 years or something like that, who knows how much they can actually improve. I don't think it'll be enough. Crestview wins probably by 2 scores.

They have good running backs but with having their 5th coach in 5 years or something like that, who knows how much they can actually improve. I don't think it'll be enough. Crestview wins probably by 2 scores.

Do you do any research before you spout off? All you have to do is go to the MAC website and check coaching records. Do I need to tell you the truth or are going to keep repeating the same BS?

Do you do any research before you spout off? All you have to do is go to the MAC website and check coaching records. Do I need to tell you the truth or are going to keep repeating the same BS?
how is that spouting off? Parkway does have some good running backs....where is the BS?

Anyone make it to any scrimmages last week? How did all the NWC teams look?
Crestview is thin right now at the skill positions compared to years past. They have a fairly young but deeper than usual offensive and defensive line. It'll take some time for them to gel and mature, but I expect Owens to have them rolling full bore by late season and pushing for a playoff spot. With the addition of Lichtensteiger to the full time staff (NFL 8 year O-lineman), it can only help. I don't expect him to work miracles on the line the first year, but with his weight lifting and technique knowledge, the line will start to become one of the best in the NWC in the next few years and likely years to come.

I'm optimistic that Crestview can come out with a first week win against Parkway, but I fully expect some major jitters from a young team. Should know more about the team after the Van Wert scrimmage (first half of it) on Friday.

5 coaches in 5 years. Considering they had the same one in 2016 and 2017.

4 in 5 years max. Which still isn't good lol.
How about looking it up instead of guessing? You got this info from whom, smart guy? I guess you rather repeat the same BS rather find the facts.

Last edited:
Parkway coaches: 2015 Cairns, 2016 and 2017 Wellman, 2018 Rutledge, 2019 Henkle

4 in 5 years? Am I missing something?

How about looking it up instead of guessing? You got this info from whom, smart guy? I guess you rather repeat the same BS rather find the facts.

I understand and you are right that being more accurate would be better, but he put the phrase "or something like that" in his comment. His point still stands though, that all of the turnover in that time period doesn't help the program. I know a lot of the issues is being in such an elite conference, but you would think they could find some success with all of the neighboring schools having some in all directions!