Division VII Poll Voting Discussion (2019 Preseason)

Haha. Yes....if they make the playoffs ;)

St. Johns, Fort Loramie, Ansonia.....ummm......I'm not real sure who else will make the playoffs, but these teams usually have a shot. That's probably their biggest region 28 competition. No offense to certain programs, but ML could have a .500 record in the MAC/reg season and roll through region 28. Minster, Crestview, etc. are no longer in there.

Some people have been predicting that Fort Loramie may overtake ML in R28 this year. Is this a possibility, or is that a hot air?

Some people have been predicting that Fort Loramie may overtake ML in R28 this year. Is this a possibility, or is that a hot air?
Fort Loramie had a sound team last year and I'm assuming they return some studs. That said, they are something like 3-12 in their last 15 games against MAC foes with their last meeting against ML being a 63-14 loss. Its hard to compare across years, but anyone who knows my posts knows that I'll always say the MAC is the gold standard. ML is coming of 8 straight trips to state with a 6-2 record in those 8 trips. There really isn't even a high school football comparison to what they have done in the modern era. Even Tiger ball at Versailles doesn't stack up. I'll bet the farm on ML. But, I will say that Fort Loramie will likely have a very solid team this year, again.

Fort Loramie had a sound team last year and I'm assuming they return some studs. That said, they are something like 3-12 in their last 15 games against MAC foes with their last meeting against ML being a 63-14 loss. Its hard to compare across years, but anyone who knows my posts knows that I'll always say the MAC is the gold standard. ML is coming of 8 straight trips to state with a 6-2 record in those 8 trips. There really isn't even a high school football comparison to what they have done in the modern era. Even Tiger ball at Versailles doesn't stack up. I'll bet the farm on ML. But, I will say that Fort Loramie will likely have a very solid team this year, again.
I'm with you. 28-0 is 28-0. We will soon see!

My Updated D7 Regional Contenders (Winners in bold):

R25
TIER ONE - McDonald, Lucas, Warren JFK & Cuyahoga Heights
TIER TWO - Steubenville CC, Windham & South Central

R26
TIER ONE - McComb, Edgerton, Patrick Henry, Convoy Crestview, Leipsic, Pandora-Gilboa & Mohawk
TIER TWO - Norwalk St. Paul, Tiffin Calvert & Arlington

R27
TIER ONE - Harvest Prep, Shadyside & Newark Catholic
TIER TWO - Fisher Catholic, Berne Union & Waterford

R28
TIER ONE - Marion Local & Fort Loramie
TIER TWO - New Bremen, Antwerp, Tri-County North & Delphos St. Johns
Looks good although still frustrating a couple of your tier ones wussed out playing a tier two.

Looks good although still frustrating a couple of your tier ones wussed out playing a tier two.
Hi, MCF...

I’m inclined to think you’re referring to the purported “Newark Catholic ducking NSP” incident that, per several sources down this way, never at-all-happened. While it’s worth as much a bucket of warm p*ss at this point if said accusation was true, let it be known that Newark Catholic has routinely played one of the more impressive “punching above one’s weight” schedules both non-league and in-league in then-D6/now-D7 memory. Their state of recent opponents (even as recent as last year) includes, but is not limited to, D5 State Runner-Up Johnstown-Monroe, D4 semi-finalist Licking Valley, as well as a pair of D2 suburban programs that are generally good for .500 seasons. Call that for what you may, but it’s far more brave and daring than what NSP has played in-league and tried to schedule themselves.

This is by no means a slight to NSP; an awesome program, by all means. But, I feel compelled to go to bat for NC regarding the suddenly developed Very Weird and Nonsensical message board controversy that seems to suggest one of, if not, - THE - most impressive small Catholic programs in Ohio is... all of the sudden... too scared to play a similar caliber program who plays in an inferior conference.

Will note that it’s great to see one of dnis’ Tier 2 programs stone up and schedule a Tier 1 program from another region. I feel inclined to argue that New Philly Tuscarawas C.C. should be in the Tier II of Region 25, given their transfers and production returned. Their week one game is against a team who’ll be hosting a home game themselves in R27:

Hi, MCF...

I’m inclined to think you’re referring to the purported “Newark Catholic ducking NSP” incident that, per several sources down this way, never at-all-happened. While it’s worth as much a bucket of warm p*ss at this point if said accusation was true, let it be known that Newark Catholic has routinely played one of the more impressive “punching above one’s weight” schedules both non-league and in-league in then-D6/now-D7 memory. Their state of recent opponents (even as recent as last year) includes, but is not limited to, D5 State Runner-Up Johnstown-Monroe, D4 semi-finalist Licking Valley, as well as a pair of D2 suburban programs that are generally good for .500 seasons. Call that for what you may, but it’s far more brave and daring than what NSP has played in-league and tried to schedule themselves.

This is by no means a slight to NSP; an awesome program, by all means. But, I feel compelled to go to bat for NC regarding the suddenly developed Very Weird and Nonsensical message board controversy that seems to suggest one of, if not, - THE - most impressive small Catholic programs in Ohio is... all of the sudden... too scared to play a similar caliber program who plays in an inferior conference.

Will note that it’s great to see one of dnis’ Tier 2 programs stone up and schedule a Tier 1 program from another region. I feel inclined to argue that New Philly Tuscarawas C.C. should be in the Tier II of Region 25, given their transfers and production returned. Their week one game is against a team who’ll be hosting a home game themselves in R27:

On a side note, Lucas has been trying to get into the Firelands with NSP for years. Rumor is, NSP keeps voting them out, and it requires a unanimous vote. Anyone know if this rumor is factual?

I see ML plays D3 Bishop Watterson in week two. I will be interested to see the score of that game. D3 Watterson plays D2 Columbus St. Charles in week ten, while Lucas plays D2 Columbus St. Charles in week 7. Last year Lucas beat D6 Lima CC in week 10 on the road by 7, while ML beat them in the playoffs on a neutral field by 16. I like comparing teams with common, or once removed, common opponents.

ML is clearly the class of D7. Trying to get some kind of comparison for this year.

I see ML plays D3 Bishop Watterson in week two. I will be interested to see the score of that game. D3 Watterson plays D2 Columbus St. Charles in week ten, while Lucas plays D2 Columbus St. Charles in week 7. Last year Lucas beat D6 Lima CC in week 10 on the road by 7, while ML beat them in the playoffs on a neutral field by 16. I like comparing teams with common, or once removed, common opponents.

ML is clearly the class of D7. Trying to get some kind of comparison for this year.
Was talking to people from Watterson and told them how lucky they are to face this msml team and not the ones of the last 15 years.

What sucks is everyone is going to use this as a baseline on small schools and the Mac playing way up. Same with Coldwater vs mount healthy. People will look at these impending Mac losses as a testament to that small cannot compete when in reality both squads are a shell of themselves from the last 20 years.

Was talking to people from Watterson and told them how lucky they are to face this msml team and not the ones of the last 15 years.

What sucks is everyone is going to use this as a baseline on small schools and the Mac playing way up. Same with Coldwater vs mount healthy. People will look at these impending Mac losses as a testament to that small cannot compete when in reality both squads are a shell of themselves from the last 20 years.

MSML is the high water mark for all schools in all division over the last 15 years. I don't think a loss to a D3 Watterson would hurt their reputation, or hurt the MAC's rep as a whole. What the MAC has done, and I will guess, will continue to do, speaks for itself.

I give small schools like MSML & Lucas big time credit for playing up! Confidence breeds character!

'
Look at this schedule!

stir the pot a little :), Coldwater and the Locals I have a feeling will represent their tradition rich programs very well in those games....

Why are you counting it as an L already? Im teling you as someone who has first hand knowledge of Watterson, they are not good. They went 5-5 last year and that was one of the better seasons theyve had since winning state about a decade ago. The program is a shell of itself.

Why are you counting it as an L already? Im teling you as someone who has first hand knowledge of Watterson, they are not good. They went 5-5 last year and that was one of the better seasons theyve had since winning state about a decade ago. The program is a shell of itself.
Was around a number of Watterson folks this spring and summer and thy are stoked to be able to put a hurting on a d7 team from a conference many are tired of hearing about and believe they only dominate because they face small schools. Watterson eppects to roll in this one

I wouldn't read much into it. There's a select few that like to undersell their team or conference on Yappi (especially a couple Mac faithful), just to stir conversation. It's all in good fun. FYI, his comment was throwing some shade at Coldwater. They are supposed to be one of the favorites along with possibly Minster to win the MAC this year (from what I hear). I've heard a little about Fort Recovery as well.

I respect the MAC faithful giving Loramie props. But Loramie will get bashed up and down if someone mentions them entering the MAC conference. Lol. Its fun to read. These MAC guys know exactly what they have. Greatest small football conference in Ohio and possibly beyond.

View attachment 3272
'
Look at this schedule!
Interesting that LCC is your highest ranked team (per the almight MaxPreps preseason rankings) by quite a ways. D II St. Charles is about 175 spots below them. Being around the Lima area, I somewhat know about teams like LCC. Used to be in our conference. Don't know much about St. Charles or their history

Interesting that LCC is your highest ranked team (per the almighty MaxPreps preseason rankings) by quite a ways. D II St. Charles is about 175 spots below them. Being around the Lima area, I somewhat know about teams like LCC. Used to be in our conference. Don't know much about St. Charles or their history

Yup. LCC is preseason #3 in D6. They should be damn good, bringing back most of their skilled positions. They were 9-0 last year when the Cubs knocked them off in Lima. LaBrae is #11 in D6. Heard they may be down a bit, but I'm sure it won't be easy up there. Steubenville Catholic Central comes in at #15 in D7. Hear they lost a ton too. We will see. #16 in D6, Northmor has beat Lucas two times in a row. The Cubs will be looking for revenge. D7 #33 Danville used to be a perennial power, but are down at the moment. We will find out week one what they have this season down at their place. I hear D7 #47 Fisher Catholic is supposed to be back in R27 contention this season, and we go there as well.

D2 St. Charles and D5 Willard will be tests on shear numbers alone.
St. Charles boys: 472 to 82 from Lucas
Willard boys: 176

D6 Troy Christian and Centerburg should be wins, but that is why they play the game.

Yup. LCC is preseason #3 in D6. They should be damn good, bringing back most of their skilled positions. They were 9-0 last year when the Cubs knocked them off in Lima. LaBrae is #11 in D6. Heard they may be down a bit, but I'm sure it won't be easy up there. Steubenville Catholic Central comes in at #15 in D7. Hear they lost a ton too. We will see. #16 in D6, Northmor has beat Lucas two times in a row. The Cubs will be looking for revenge. D7 #33 Danville used to be a perennial power, but are down at the moment. We will find out week one what they have this season down at their place. I hear D7 #47 Fisher Catholic is supposed to be back in R27 contention this season, and we go there as well.

D6 Troy Christian and Centerburg should be wins, but that is why they play the game.
In my opinion, Willard will not be any sort of sheer numbers test. Last I heard from folks in Flashes country, they had maybe 33 out for football this year. Not sure if that number has changed.

In my opinion, Willard will not be any sort of sheer numbers test. Last I heard from folks in Flashes country, they had maybe 33 out for football this year. Not sure if that number has changed.
Thanks for the heads up on Willard. Haven't heard much on them.

Always neat to see a school out of Columbus or Toledo or Cincy. Not sure St. Charles is much of a football school but an awesome look for a D7. I would be excited as well!

LCC opens with Senior, St Johns, Spencerville, and Mogadore. I could see them being somewhere around 2-2 (and off the radar) to start the season, but they should finish strong. Will definitely be your strongest opponent and in week 10, that is pretty stout scheduling. Looking forward to following my team and multiple others thorughout the season. Will keep an eye on Lucas.