Stark County Banter 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

THESHADOW14

Well, it looks like we meet again!

Now with all respect to monitors - let's have some good ole fashioned Stark County Football Banter!

(This Thread has a history of like a million views in past, and we have been shut down before... but let's at least try to get to the First Game!)

So let me start....

Top 5 Teams (and the Shadow Knows)
McKinley/Massillon
Perry
Hoover
Central

Does anybody know how things are going at St Thomas? - I wish them the best always!

Here is WHBC’s radio and streaming football schedule

HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL WHBC 1480 AM
Thu 8/29 Perry @ Canton Central Catholic
Fri 8/30 Warren @ McKinley
Fri 9/6 GlenOak @ Massillon
Fri 9/13 Akron Ellet @ Northwest
Thu 9/19 Canton Central Catholic @ St. Thomas Aquinas
Fri 9/20 Louisville @ Lake
Fri 9/27 McKinley @ Hoover
Fri 10/4 Jackson @ GlenOak
Fri 10/11 McKinley @ Jackson
Fri 10/18 Sandy Valley @ East Canton
Fri 10/25 McKinley @ Perry
Fri 11/1 Jackson @ Hoover
Fri 11/2 Massillon @ McKinley 2pm

WHBC Streaming
Thu 8/29 Sandy Valley @ Fairless
Fri 8/30 ST. Vincent St. Mary @ Massillon
Fri 9/6 Niles @ Alliance
Fri 9/13 Boardman @ Jackson
Fri 9/20 Green @ McKinley
Fri 9/27 Jackson @ Lake
Fri 10/4 Perry @ North Canton Hoover
Fri 10/11 West Branch @ Canton South
Fri 10/18 Jackson @ Canton Central Catholic
Fri 10/25 Louisville @ Massillon
11/1 Alliance @ Marlington

2019 WHBC TV Schedule
8/30 Akron Buchtel @ Hoover
9/6 East Canton @ St. Thomas Aquinas
9/13 Euclid @ McKinley
9/20 Perry @ Jackson
9/27 Perry @ Louisville
10/4 Alliance @ Canton South
10/11 Hoover @ Lake
10/18 GlenOak @ McKinley
10/25 Green @ Jackson
11/1 Tuslaw @ Fairless
11/2 Massillon @ McKinley 2pm

BIG TIME SPORTS TV SCHEDULE that includes Stark County teams

8/29 Sandy Valley @ Fairless
8/30 Claymont @ Northwest
9/6 Hoover @ Louisville
9/13 New Philadelphia @ Marlington
9/20 Sandy Valley @ Indian Valley
9/27 Canton Central Catholic @ New Philadelphia
9/27 McKinley @ Hoover
10/4 Perry @ Hoover
10/11 Green @ Perry
10/18 Sandy Valley @ East Canton
10/18 Jackson @ Canton Central Catholic
10/25 McKinley @ Perry
11/1 Alliance @ Marlington

Big Ed thanks!

So.... no question - this is biggest Opener in CC history this year with Panthers

We wont get a sell out - but my gosh that is some Great Football for $7 admission!

I know very little about this years teams but I know it is rock and sock football at its best!

Perry will be good but CC getting them early so....plus CC has had more time than most teams get during a season to prep for the Wing-T so lets see.

Perry will be good but CC getting them early so....plus CC has had more time than most teams get during a season to prep for the Wing-T so lets see.

Agree...

And historically, Trucker has always played the Panthers very well! - but, Panthers have had years we had no answer also!

But your point is well taken - nice to have a preseason to prepare for the Panthers - Lets see how this works out :rolleyes:

Thoroughly enjoyed the coaches event at ST Haramblos tonight. So many positive bright new faces tonight. Wake was the clear favorite of mine - always straightforward and he ended by saying "I have to go pee". Moore had on an attention-getting coat and he achieved his goal. Wattley sounded good for a first-timer. General overall theme was a lot of teams are relying on underclassmen to step up and produce. Even Moore focused on lack of returning experience, especially on the O line, even tho his kids played and practiced 15 weeks. Overall and fun evening.

The Men's Club at St.H does an excellent job in hosting this event.
I haven't made it back for this event since Cross was coach at McKinley.

It is always well done.

I remember when they moved the church from the near SE side to 25th Street.
The building was cut in half and each half moved thru downtown Canton,
then west on 6th Street to Cleveland Avenue, up Cleveland Avenue and
then East on 25th Street to it's new location.

:>---

SF

I think people are sleeping on Perry this year, IMO, Region 5 will come down to a Hoban and Perry matchup....with that said, CCC is always as hard as nails, so they could give Perry all they want

Thoroughly enjoyed the coaches event at ST Haramblos tonight. So many positive bright new faces tonight. Wake was the clear favorite of mine - always straightforward and he ended by saying "I have to go pee". Moore had on an attention-getting coat and he achieved his goal. Wattley sounded good for a first-timer. General overall theme was a lot of teams are relying on underclassmen to step up and produce. Even Moore focused on lack of returning experience, especially on the O line, even tho his kids played and practiced 15 weeks. Overall and fun evening.
Surprisingly every thing you said about the event was posted in the article on Fridaynightohio.. SHOCKER!!

Surprisingly every thing you said about the event was posted in the article on Fridaynightohio.. SHOCKER!!
That's not true. Read the article and read his post. It's clearly not true. And that's NOT a shocker for you.

#masterofmisinformation

That's not true. Read the article and read his post. It's clearly not true. And that's NOT a shocker for you.

#masterofmisinformation
Since you won’t mind your own business I will make you look stupid. This is from the article....

The next speaker was Wakefield, who said, "The first thing I'd like to say is, if Northwest was playing in a phone booth, where were we playing? We don't take wide-angle film anymore."
At the end of Wakefield's three-minute speech, WHBC's Jon Bozeka asked if anyone in the crowd had any questions.
No one did.
"Thank you," Wakefield said. "I do have to pee."

Throw in the pictures that were posted and it is all there. Now go eat a donut.

Since you won’t mind your own business I will make you look stupid. This is from the article....

The next speaker was Wakefield, who said, "The first thing I'd like to say is, if Northwest was playing in a phone booth, where were we playing? We don't take wide-angle film anymore."
At the end of Wakefield's three-minute speech, WHBC's Jon Bozeka asked if anyone in the crowd had any questions.
No one did.
"Thank you," Wakefield said. "I do have to pee."

Throw in the pictures that were posted and it is all in the article. Now go eat a donut.
How stupid are you?

The article said NOT ONE WORD about Nate Moore, his coat, or his thoughts about the "lack of returning experience, especially on the O line."

Where do you come up with this stuff? It's embarrassing how naive you think everyone on here is.

How stupid are you?

The article said NOT ONE WORD about Nate Moore, his coat, or his thoughts about the "lack of returning experience, especially on the O line."

Where do you come up with this stuff? It's embarrassing how naive you think everyone on here is.
Sorry to offend you and your husband.??? He is lying again.

How stupid are you?

Here's the article. https://fridaynightohio.com/news/15414/annual-football-coaches-preview-features-plenty-of-laughs/

What kind of person would lie about such a TRIVIAL matter? And what would he do concerning a matter that WASN'T so trivial? :eek:

I have Firewatch on Ignore. It seems to have heightened his obsession with trolling. I don't know why the mods allow it.
Unfortunately though, that frees him up to say anything he wants, true or not, without being called out for it. And some people will go to great lengths to cast only a favorable light when it may not be deserved. Those who don't know better will be inclined to take it as gospel.

Of all the crap you all spew you find the FW comment offensive? Lol. ❄
They are like little kids. They will spend a week trashing a teenager but god forbid you call them out for something. My2sense claims he blocked me but he responds to my posts with another screen name. Classic!!!! ??

Unfortunately though, that frees him up to say anything he wants, true or not, without being called out for it. And some people will go to great lengths to cast only a favorable light when it may not be deserved. Those who don't know better will be inclined to take it as gospel.
He always seem to want to include some homosexual type remark as well. Not sure what that's all about, if he still finds that humorous or a funny insult in 2019? I just wish he would stop.

if possible...

please make banter posts about Stark County Teams

lets at least make it to the CC/Perry game for game summary - and friendly comments for the Winner and Loser !

Sorry, but there is actually a LOSER in competition (do not mean to offend anybody)

Status
Not open for further replies.