Massillon 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blah blah

Well according to m2m Mckinley coaches tragically failed your players on multiple occasions but somehow kept them eligible long enough using shady methods so they could stay on the field, then discarded them afterwards because they don't really care, and need to be held accountable. And he is a Mckinley supporter. Is he wrong?

Why don't you 2 get together and come back to us after you get your stories straight.

This is what happens when you lose 7 of 8 to your arch rival and can't do your talking on the field anymore.

For the record I'm sure Mckinley coaches do care. Though I wouldn't trade our program's support and efforts in this area.

When FL players don’t qualify is that an indictment on their great coaches and teachers? How did they stay eligible??? Funny when your “all-time leading rushers” (plural) don’t qualify I don’t remember you saying chit. How does that work?
And I’m sure JT appreciates your support. Too bad he can’t thank you coward.
I replied already but you girls whined enough that it was deleted (is Never Hard Eric moderating again?). Yes, its an indictment on ALL educators that just pass kids through and/or keep them eligible for sports but produce kids ineligible for college let alone life. Education > sports. Div 1 scholarship kids shouldn't have their dreams delayed and their athletic progress stunted because they can't pass a 9th grade level test.

That's not really true. The OHSAA merely refers to "passing grades". The schools define "passing."
:poop:

Not doubting you but if this is true there is definitely a hole in the system. Can't imagine that if Massillon was as blatant with this as you guys say, it wouldn't be being watched completely under a microscope.

On another note, just watched an episode of Last Chance U early this morning. Bobby Bruce was let go from Independence Community College. Given MULTIPLE chances from the coach and the university but didn't see the light. My point is an expansion on my earlier one. Sometimes anything and everything you do just isn't enough. The student/athlete has to take SOME responsibility. That's all.

I replied already but you girls whined enough that it was deleted (is Never Hard Eric moderating again?). Yes, its an indictment on ALL educators that just pass kids through and/or keep them eligible for sports but produce kids ineligible for college let alone life. Education > sports. Div 1 scholarship kids shouldn't have their dreams delayed and their athletic progress stunted because they can't pass a 9th grade level test.

Is it an "indictment" on "ALL educators" when some work very hard playing dad and mentoring kids from all backgrounds, some very challenging, and with excellent results, though occasionally some still struggle? No. Only an idiot would think this, but that doesn't fit this little narrative you created does it?

Well congratulations. This is now the most ignorant post of the year. You do know the OHSAA sets the academic standards, right? God, what a goof.
They set a basic standard, dolt. The coaches can set higher ones if, unlike Massillon, they acrually care about academics.

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION

According to OHSAA rules, schools can add additional
WRONG again.
According to OHSAA rules, member schools can create eligibility requirements regarding grades and codes of conduct.

According to OHSAA rules, member schools can create eligibility requirements regarding grades and codes of conduct.

You idiot. Do you honestly think member schools can go against OHSAA mandated rules and set their own standards? Perhaps that's how you made it out to get into the fine career I'm sure you are enjoying today. LOL.

I was responding to this part of your post, “unlike Massillon, they actually about academics.”

You idiot. Do you honestly think member schools can go against OHSAA mandated rules and set their own standards? Perhaps that's how you made it out to get into the fine career I'm sure you are enjoying today. LOL.
Please show these "OHSAA mandated rules" to us. As I said before, the OHSAA requires "passing grades" in a certain number of classes but doesn't appear to define "passing" other than it can't be a grade of 'F.'

Your use of names for others should probably be tempered a little bit until you know what you're talking about.

Is it an "indictment" on "ALL educators" when some work very hard playing dad and mentoring kids from all backgrounds, some very challenging, and with excellent results, though occasionally some still struggle? No. Only an idiot would think this, but that doesn't fit this little narrative you created does it?
Reading comprehension must be one of the reasons for Massillon's poor state report card. Re-read the words right after "ALL educators" in my post, where I describe the ones I am talking about in post 1328. So your question has no relevance to my post.
You've made yourself clear - although you are "in his corner" and "rooting for the kid", you lay the blame on him and none on the adults. We disagree. Your system kept a kid eligible for 4 years and watched him set your school rushing record, but somehow he was academically unprepared. Those are the facts.

Please show these "OHSAA mandated rules" to us. As I said before, the OHSAA requires "passing grades" in a certain number of classes but doesn't appear to define "passing" other than it can't be a grade of 'F.'

Your use of names for others should probably be tempered a little bit until you know what you're talking about.
So you can play athletics if you “pass” all grades? So all D’s Would allow you to play? If that’s the case there are bigger problems. Everywhere. And I KNOW it wasn’t this lenient when I was in school all those years ago. And I don’t believe it is now.

Can't imagine that if Massillon was as blatant with this as you guys say, it wouldn't be being watched completely under a microscope.
Hey - as I have said all along to the 'Loons - I don't know everything that happened and Massillon may not have violated any OHSAA rules. What I do know is terrible for the kid and raises some legitimate questions such as "Isn't the goal to actually educate all student-athletes and not just maintain eligibility?" or "When it becomes clear that education is taking a back seat to academics, what are a school's priorities to regarding their student athletes?" This is for any school.

So you can play athletics if you “pass” all grades? So all D’s Would allow you to play? If that’s the case there are bigger problems. Everywhere. And I KNOW it wasn’t this lenient when I was in school all those years ago. And I don’t believe it is now.
Once again you prove that you are Massillon's #1 poster. Its not just Massillon, but it appears that indeed kids can "pass" and stay eligible. These are indeed huge problems. School when you were there no longer exist. School now - like so many of our country's institutions - have fallen into decline under the politics that drive education these days. Schools operate under a mountain of regulations and programs to keep kids coming into the building and never fail them.

You sure spent alot of time and dozens of posts calling out Massillon, Moore, and JT personally, making wild assumptions about all 3, to suddenly not know everything (ie. anything) and only speaking broadly, lol. Seriously, how chickenchit can you get?

If you wan't a discussion about coaches who fix grades and care little about player's welfare, or what you would require for hs eligibility if you were a coach, then start that thread. But check your slander at the door. Oh I forgot it's Yappi and you are a troll who hides behind a keyboard so nevermind.

Last edited:
You sure spent alot of time and dozens of posts calling out Massillon, Moore, and JT personally, making wild assumptions about all 3, to suddenly not know everything (ie. anything) and only speaking broadly, lol. Seriously, how chickenchit can you get?

If you wan't a discussion about coaches who fix grades and care little about player's welfare, or what you would require for hs eligibility if you were a coach, then start that thread. But check your slander at the door. Oh I forgot it's Yappi and you are a troll who hides behind a keyboard so nevermind.
Try anger management. It can be your friend.

#tigertriggered

You guys are being obtuse so that you can try to drive a point home that allows you to discredit Massillon. The boy graduated, so he met state standards to do so. He wanted to go to a D-1 college but evidently he was missing a course (or more) required to pursue the field he wanted. How is that the educators fault? I'm sure they advised him on the courses he would need but they can't make him take them, maybe he decided to go into a different field and didn't have the correct courses, that's on him and his parents to select the right courses in H.S. to pursue the field they want him to go into in college. Stop with all the nonsense and get back to talking football 2019, grow up.

Agreed Striker. We're letting these two jealous tool bags dictate the direction of our thread. I'm admittedly as guilty as any Massillon fan, but less than the tools who are pretending to care about a young man just so they can take shots at Massillon. As Massillon fans we know what we have, great tradition, great history and a VERY bright future. We're lucky to have coach Moore and the staff that he assembled. We have the potential to win it all again this season so I suggest we let the two gals ramble on and we as a fan base enjoy what I expect is going to be another great season.

You don't know much. Yes, 'D's' could allow you to play. This could help if you read it.

Dude. Really? You think I have time to go through looking idiocy like this up that is irrelevant to my life? I know YOU have nothing else to do. Contrary to you, I actually do. Sorry about that. But, please continue doing nothing except trolling high school web-sites. LOL.

Agreed Striker. We're letting these two jealous tool bags dictate the direction of our thread. I'm admittedly as guilty as any Massillon fan, but less than the tools who are pretending to care about a young man just so they can take shots at Massillon. As Massillon fans we know what we have, great tradition, great history and a VERY bright future. We're lucky to have coach Moore and the staff that he assembled. We have the potential to win it all again this season so I suggest we let the two gals ramble on and we as a fan base enjoy what I expect is going to be another great season.

Post of the year. The Ignore button is a wonderful feature. I'm about to implement it.

Dude. Really? You think I have time to go through looking idiocy like this up that is irrelevant to my life? I know YOU have nothing else to do. Contrary to you, I actually do. Sorry about that. But, please continue doing nothing except trolling high school web-sites. LOL.
And you can go ahead and continue to do a disservice here by passing on mistruths as if you know what you're talking about. I tried to inform you but you're too stubborn.

I'm sorry that 2 page document was too deep for you.

And you can go ahead and continue to do a disservice here by passing on mistruths as if you know what you're talking about. I tried to inform you but you're too stubborn.

No matter who sets the standards, you don't get a diploma unless you meet state standards. So he did meet state standards, he didn't take or pass the courses required to get him in the D-1 school that offered him the scholarship. Do you really think he wasn't advised of the courses he would need? Again this isn't on the educators, it's on choices made by him and his parents or guardians. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. Get over it, this has nothing to do with a football thread about Massillon 2019. Please get back on topic.

No matter who sets the standards, you don't get a diploma unless you meet state standards.
Are you 100% certain he graduated? Answer carefully. And assuming he did, how does a 4 year Massillon student get a diploma but lacks the necessary skills for a 10th grade entrance exam?

Status
Not open for further replies.