Southwestern Buckeye League 2019 season thread

If they can play good defense, they may be able to stay in more games due to a more ball control offense. Hard to judge a first year head coach over how a youth camp was run, if this was a veteran coach I would have more reason to be worried. I have a good feeling about Mullins, seems to have the numbers in the weight room up. There is no doubt that the triple option will have it's pains in year 1, but I expect the team to be competitive.

I don't disagree about the camp, just an observation and no doubt I'm pulling for the guy. My son will be up there in a few short years and I don't want it to be more of the same of what we've seen the last several years.

Zach Johnson & Co. looking to build on 2018 momentum as Franklin's optimism brims

Milton grad Wes Martin. Washington Redskins.

MU did well vs Covington. Varsity won 1-0 and JV won 3-1.
Hard to gauge things this early but MU has some good athletes. Covington was strong. Very good team.

Hard to gauge things this early but MU has some good athletes. Covington was strong. Very good team.
Didn’t Covington score on their first series on a QB run? MU looked solid, line play was shaky and turnovers would of hurt them in a real game. WR looked really good. Defense was solid. Covington’s 1s looked like a team that could compete in the playoffs right now. Both teams will have a solid year.

I too think Covington's 1's scored once. It looked pretty even to me. Covington looked bigger, but MU's speed was better.

Bellbrook repeats as league champions

Going 10-0 last year I have to say the champion still goes through the golden eagles
They return enough upper classman and have a known identity and system in place under Jenkins to help develop the young upcoming underclass that are very deep and talented , maybe the best to come yet under the Jenkins era . Good team speed

On the SWBL site, a few of the rosters have been posted already. I knew Eaton's numbers were low, but only 33 boys playing is pretty rough. Milton Union is listed with 50 boys (20 Freshman) on the team, and the big one that I noticed is Franklin with 70 boys playing. That's pretty good.

Waynesville on the rise, plans to continue in that direction

On the SWBL site, a few of the rosters have been posted already. I knew Eaton's numbers were low, but only 33 boys playing is pretty rough. Milton Union is listed with 50 boys (20 Freshman) on the team, and the big one that I noticed is Franklin with 70 boys playing. That's pretty good.
Take 5 from that number for MU. About 45. Freshman class is a great class. Waynesville will be good as will Madison.
My son’s senior year at MU we had 81 on the team. That was 2011.

Bellbrook repeats as league champions

Going 10-0 last year I have to say the champion still goes through the golden eagles
They return enough upper classman and have a known identity and system in place under Jenkins to help develop the young upcoming underclass that are very deep and talented , maybe the best to come yet under the Jenkins era . Good team speed
Bellbrook has road games at Franklin, and Brookville which is never a cake walk. AND the week before The Franklin game they are at a much improved Waynesville.

Check out 19 images from a recent Monroe practice

Milton-Union’s Wes Martin chatting with Sam Hubbard before the Bengals-Redskins game. SWBL represented in the NFL.

Valley View and West Carrollton have canceled their scrimmage this morning due to “a misunderstanding between West C. And the OHSAA”

Bellbrook has road games at Franklin, and Brookville which is never a cake walk. AND the week before The Franklin game they are at a much improved Waynesville.
Franklin concerns me , always a great ball game with physical play . Similar sized schools, great matchup .
Waynesville is improved yes but I don’t see that as a tough “road” game, brookville I have the upmost respect for and everything their staff, system and program embodies but the past 4 out of 5 years 10 out of 12 years bellbrook has regularly beat up on brookville who majority of those years was favored or had a better record , the size difference and numbers weighs heavy in these matchups , I expressed this before the matchup last year that ended in a lopsided affair .
Potential bb losses this year will be vv, Franklin and brookville as a dark horse ?.
7-3 would be worse case scenario, Jenkins hasn’t finished less then 7-3 in his tenure here and he did that with less talent and numbers . I am biased but that’s my 2 cents lol.

The big 3 dominate the division for the 4th straight year