GWOC - AMERICAN Conference Thoughts and Predictions

It is sad to see a school like Centerville, with a strong tradition of tough hard nosed football, having people hope they get transfers. Even worse, ti is sad to see them schedule a game like Dunbar this year. That is just ridiculous that game is being played.

Enrollment numbers:
Dunbar 263 boys
Centerville 1024 boys

I look forward to future games like Centerville vs Dixie. ?

MaxPreps has Walker on Wayne’s roster. I have heard positive feedback from the Warriors camp. I’m looking forward to the first game at home.

Trust me Walker is a Wildcat and has been. Maxpreps also has Springfield down for like 15 games unless recently changed take most of that site with a grain of salt

Trust me Walker is a Wildcat and has been. Maxpreps also has Springfield down for like 15 games unless recently changed take most of that site with a grain of salt
did Wayne lose any kids with Minton's departure? did Springfield get any new kids or Wayne transfer?

Thoughts from any of the scrimmages? I saw Beavercreek may have lost a fullback. How have the Elks and Warriors looked?

Thoughts from any of the scrimmages? I saw Beavercreek may have lost a fullback. How have the Elks and Warriors looked?

Wayne has not had a scrimmage yet....they will be scrimmaging at Lakota West this Saturday.... not positive of the time but heard 10:30 AM. They also will have a home scrimmage next Tuesday again do not know the time had heard 5 or 6 PM and then that Friday home against Upper Arlington at 7 PM....

That is what I heard but had not had a confirmation yet or for sure times....

Last edited:
The athlete that moved to Texas left due to his father’s job in the Air Force. It had nothing to do with Minton coaching or not. Boogie left during the last school year for Springfield. I’m not sure who the other athlete that left for Springfield is.

Extremely tough division with extremely really schedules....could go a lot of different direction. I believe every team is replacing their QB except Centerville.

(2) Fairmont Firebirds - Lost a lot of good players to graduation, reloading with young players but program built to compete with all these teams. Like most of these teams, they play a really tough schedule.

Go Firebirds!

As a program in general I just see them replacing Beavercreek for 4th place. Lots of 4 to 6 win seasons with only 1 or 2 of those wins coming from the American conference...especially now that the workhorses are gone (QB and RB). They just don't seem to have the physicality/offseason development to keep up with the big boys. Lets face it, they got shutout by a 2-8 Centerville team last year. The linemen in general have got to get a lot quicker and more explosive. You just don't do that by running your players into the ground which I suspect is happening. I actually think Michigan has the same problem with Harbaugh- probably why they usually crash and burn at the end of the season. Long story short, they need to be more physical and in better shape if they have any hope of competing with Wayne and Centerville on a yearly basis. Most of the time this means training smarter in the offseason- not to be confused with training harder.

They remind me a lot of the Clodfelter years at Beavercreek. Much improved, but lacking the physical tenacity, explosiveness and offseason development to compete for the conference more than once or twice in a decade. I think they go 6-4 or 5-5 this year with losses to Centerville, Wayne, Trotwood, Springfield and maybe even Alter. Again, pretty similar to the old Beavercreek teams.

Last edited:
As a program in general I just see them replacing Beavercreek for 4th place. Lots of 4 to 6 win seasons with only 1 or 2 of those wins coming from the American conference...especially now that the workhorses are gone (QB and RB). They just don't seem to have the physicality/offseason development to keep up with the big boys. Lets face it, they got shutout by a 2-8 Centerville team last year. The linemen in general have got to get a lot quicker and more explosive. You just don't do that by running your players into the ground which I suspect is happening. I actually think Michigan has the same problem with Harbaugh- probably why they usually crash and burn at the end of the season. Long story short, they need to be more physical and in better shape if they have any hope of competing with Wayne and Centerville on a yearly basis. Most of the time this means training smarter in the offseason- not to be confused with training harder.

They remind me a lot of the Clodfelter years at Beavercreek. Much improved, but lacking the physical tenacity, explosiveness and offseason development to compete for the conference more than once or twice in a decade. I think they go 6-4 or 5-5 this year with losses to Centerville, Wayne, Trotwood, Springfield and maybe even Alter. Again, pretty similar to the old Beavercreek teams.
I think Beavercreek lost quite a bit last year to graduation including a WR who transferred to Centerville this year. If their starting RB broke his ankle in the scrimmage, it could be a long year for the Beavers.

So you grew up watching Centerville's O-Lines & now only come on Yappi to bash Fairmont lineman (HS kids!) and their training/coaching? This is the same nonsense you spewed out last year. To think those lines are any more explosive than Fairmont's, with the same coaching, just makes you delusional with an axe to grind. I would talk it over with your therapist.

So you grew up watching Centerville's O-Lines & now only come on Yappi to bash Fairmont lineman (HS kids!) and their training/coaching? This is the same nonsense you spewed out last year. To think those lines are any more explosive than Fairmont's, with the same coaching, just makes you delusional with an axe to grind. I would talk it over with your therapist.
They’re nowhere near the C-Ville lines of the 00’s... that’s my point...it’s not bashing at all. It’s reality. Keep drinking the cool-aid dude. They’re the new Beavercreek, not the new Centerville

They’ll go 6-4 or 5-5 this year. 2-2 or 1-3 in conference

Last edited:
Week 1 should be interesting good to see big games.

Wayne vs Colerain
Centerville vs Fairfield
Springfield vs Hilliard
Trotwood vs WW
Northmont vs DC

Yup. It gets awful quite around here when that happens. I wonder why?

No Springfield fans on here to care or confirm? Seems like there's always Wayne, Centerville and Fairmont people floating around. Not much content on Springfield or Beavercreek

Centerville will not be towards the top again this year. Besides a loss of key talent since the playoff year, coaching is not as good as well. Another 2 or 3 win season and a new staff or at least some new assistants should be in the works.

After the news of Springfield dominating Moeller in a scrimmage- my best guess...

1) Springfield (4-0)
2) Wayne (3-1) Loss to Springfield
3) Centerville (2-2) Wins coming from Beavercreek and Fairmont
4) Fairmont (1-3) 1 Win against Beavercreek
5) Beavercreek (0-4)...Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looked like they lost 0-3 in a scrimmage to Fairborn. Ouch. Very limited coverage on what's going, no real evidence to believe they've improved.

Last edited:
They’re nowhere near the C-Ville lines of the 00’s... that’s my point...it’s not bashing at all. It’s reality. Keep drinking the cool-aid dude. They’re the new Beavercreek, not the new Centerville

Fairmont will go 6-4 or 5-5 this year. 2-2 or 1-3 in conference

Yup...

Well after 2 weeks Creek is the only undefeated team left. Granted they have had the worst opening 2 games of anyone else in the entire gwoc. Elks and Warriors both defeated at this point but Elks should bounce back quickly and get one in win column against Dunbar while Wayne gets another tough one against Trotwood. Springfield beat a solid Bradley team and lost a tough home opener to a very good Fairfield team. Fairmont looks to be very young and trying to figure out a lot of new faces. Should be a very interesting next 8 weeks.