FC Cincinnati

Arrogate

Really hoping they get a stadium approval. Would be cool for Cincy to have a potential MLS team with soccer growing so much. I think the West End location will be the best location for it. Get out there and voice your opinion in support of FC Cincinnati and their potential stadium deal for the West End

I think one thing that hasn't been talked about is the section 8 housing in the West End. I would assume they would have to move. I don't think we need anymore on the eastside, don't love there anymore but there is enough there already. Maybe they could move to Price Hill or another similar area. Might as well try and keep one side of the city decent

I think one thing that hasn't been talked about is the section 8 housing in the West End. I would assume they would have to move. I don't think we need anymore on the eastside, don't love there anymore but there is enough there already. Maybe they could move to Price Hill or another similar area. Might as well try and keep one side of the city decent

The Colerain/White Oak area already looks like a section-8 dump ground, why not just relocated them there?

I'm fine with the Newport site. The funding is already lined up and they can start construction the moment FCC says GO. This notion that the other side of the river is not "Cincinnati" is nuts. If the Banks is now ground zero for downtown then right across the river is still downtown. Heck people would be able to park on the Ohio side and walk across the bridge to get to the stadium. The Baily supporters groups could drink it up at the Banks and then march in unison across the bridge, it would be quite the spectacle.

The other point is that the view from the Newport side of the river is spectacular. From the stadium renderings I've seen that would be the view people would see as they sat on the south side of the stadium. And of course the areal shots would be magnificent.

I've just put a deposit down to get FCC season tickets for next year. IMO the fan experience at an FCC game is vastly superior to that experienced at either the Reds or Bengals.

Either there or BigSoccer are good places for more "in the dirt" details.

MLS is definitely all-in for Detroit. Will be interesting to see where they expand to as well as what number of teams they'll draw the limit.

Either there or BigSoccer are good places for more "in the dirt" details.

MLS is definitely all-in for Detroit. Will be interesting to see where they expand to as well as what number of teams they'll draw the limit.

Yea Bigsoccer is also excellent.

I couldn't get tickets for the game as my priority wasn't high enough even though I'm in my 3rd year as an FCC season ticket holder. The game was that high in demand.

Watched on TV and have to say the atmosphere and game was electric. Packed stadium and while the soccer wasn't great it sure was entertaining! Both teams went at each other tooth & nail and with over 3,000 FCC fans there BOTH supporters sections were keeping the noise level very high.

When the two teams hook up again at Nippert at the end of August it should be a sell out with a raucous crowd. Hell is indeed very Real.

Oh and before the naysayers go on about how a "tie" is like kissing your sister in the MLS the practical goal is to tie on the road and win at home. And since each team gets a point for the tie (versus 3 points for a win) it has some value.

Both teams suck this year so a 2-2 back and forth game wasn’t terrible. Could have easily been a 0-0 snoozer

Both teams suck this year so a 2-2 back and forth game wasn’t terrible. Could have easily been a 0-0 snoozer

I agree. But I like the new FCC coach. He looks like a heavy from one of those British crime movies (lock, stock & barrel & two smoking guns). He won me over when he subbed in a forward late to get the win rather then protect the tie. You know how these guys play for the tie on the road. The new coach said screw that, we suck and are at the bottom of the table so we should go for the win.

I also think we're starting to build up some talent on the team. The new players brought in over the last couple of weeks have been a real step up.

Are either of these teams even in the top 500 in the world? Sounds like the equivalent of watching a D3 college football game.