• Oak Hills

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Princeton

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • Sycamore

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just saw Princeton/ Trotwood scrimmage. Princeton looked good on both sides of the ball. I couldn't tell who was playing QB but threw pretty good. Princeton's WR's looked really good today. Trotwood will be pretty decent this year imo

Just saw Princeton/ Trotwood scrimmage. Princeton looked good on both sides of the ball. I couldn't tell who was playing QB but threw pretty good. Princeton's WR's looked really good today. Trotwood will be pretty decent this year imo
I didnt think Princeton looked that good considering the low numbers Trotwood has. Trotwood ones held their own against Princeton. Princeton actually didnt impose its will until Trotwood wore down.

I was at the scrimmage princeton's defense looked good, not sure how anyone can say that princeton's offense looked good. The first 2 throws the QB made were a possible pick 6 and a dropped pick. Refs called holding on the first 2 running plays. The 2nd team QB looked better than the starter throwing the ball. Both QBs over threw wide open receivers on a consistent and continual basis. Princeton has nice RBs but if they cant throw the ball teams will just stack the box. Princeton will go as their defense and run game go. QB play and discipline could be major detractors

I didn't say they looked like Alabama or Clemson lol. Every team has a lot to work on this early

I was at the scrimmage princeton's defense looked good, not sure how anyone can say that princeton's offense looked good. The first 2 throws the QB made were a possible pick 6 and a dropped pick. Refs called holding on the first 2 running plays. The 2nd team QB looked better than the starter throwing the ball. Both QBs over threw wide open receivers on a consistent and continual basis. Princeton has nice RBs but if they cant throw the ball teams will just stack the box. Princeton will go as their defense and run game go. QB play and discipline could be major detractors
I agree that the 2nd team offense definitely looked better

I didn't say they looked like Alabama or Clemson lol. Every team has a lot to work on this early
This is true, but Princeton lacked intensity IMO. I thought they should had dismantled Trotwood physically but Trotwood's smaller players werent going anywhere. Trotwood self inflicted mistakes and depth was their problem, not Princeton.

I agree no accuracy in the pass game but Princeton's QBs would had did alot of damage with their legs.

how did princeton rb look
I guess ok. He was never given the ball two times in a row so he never got into a rythym. Hopefully for Princeton's sake Coach Daniels will realize that the offense is limited and play call accordingly. Run Boyd, end of story

I was expecting them to dominate Trotwood. Trotwood numbers were down due to tornado destroying those two big housing projects. Nonetheless, they played with Pride and Effort. Princeton has a 1/2punch Boyd and Price. Use that big offensive line and manage the game. The JV QB is very athletic. He should get varsity reps.

Princeton better not be under any illusions that they should have a spread passing attack. Give to ball to Boyd. Heck, you could point at Johnson, tell the defense that’s where it’s going, and Boyd should still get 6-7 yards a pop. As I said in my predictions earlier, the Princeton staff needs to not be a dumpster fire.

This is true, but Princeton lacked intensity IMO. I thought they should had dismantled Trotwood physically but Trotwood's smaller players werent going anywhere. Trotwood self inflicted mistakes and depth was their problem, not Princeton.
Wayment, isn't this the same Trotwood program that gives WW fits? But, Princeton should have dismantled them? And, Princeton can't be mentioned in the same sentence with WW these days? And, this was THE FIRST SCRIMMAGE! Teams work on areas they know need improvement during scrimmages. AND SHOW VERY LITTLE IF ANYTHING.

Last edited:
i said it earlier in the year they need to run left behind that big O LINE , hell use Henry as a TE mike it bigger . i think they will fine in the passing game , like most chilly said they didnt want to show much over the package , but little concerning that Oline didnt dominate as big as they are . time will tell is Daniels is a coach or a hand shaker and baby kisser .

FWIW my neighbor is a starting JV WR at Colerain, he told me they essentially crushed Elder in a 7v7 but then struggled some against a team from Columbus. Hearing good things from practice, especially at the skill positions.

Wayment, isn't this the same Trotwood program that gives WW fits? But, Princeton should have dismantled them? And, Princeton can't be mentioned in the same sentence with WW these days? And, this was THE FIRST SCRIMMAGE! Teams work on areas they know need improvement during scrimmages. AND SHOW VERY LITTLE IF ANYTHING.
This is a new season in which Princeton is supposed to dethrone Colerain. Dont sit up here and act like you guys arent thinking that. Just own it. Its not expected to show alot but talent is talent and it shows up. Everyone watching that scrimmage expected more out of Princeton just based off manpower. And why cant Princeton be mentioned in the same sentence as Winton Woods? Where did that come from?

This is a new season in which Princeton is supposed to dethrone Colerain. Dont sit up here and act like you guys arent thinking that. Just own it. Its not expected to show alot but talent is talent and it shows up. Everyone watching that scrimmage expected more out of Princeton just based off manpower. And why cant Princeton be mentioned in the same sentence as Winton Woods? Where did that come from?
I agree with you and im a Princeton fan ,they need to be more physical and learn to dominate the teams they are suppose to . to much talent and hype not too

Because Princeton hasn't had a a winning season in a decade
It came from the fact that Princeton hasn't had a winning record in a decade, that's where. They are NOT expected to dethrone Colerain, only a few diehards in Sharonville think that.

They can start talking about progress when they defeat ONE quality opponent and get to the .500 mark.

Because Princeton hasn't had a a winning season in a decade

It came from the fact that Princeton hasn't had a winning record in a decade, that's where. They are NOT expected to dethrone Colerain, only a few diehards in Sharonville think that.

They can start talking about progress when they defeat ONE quality opponent and get to the .500 mark.
I know you don’t believe the hype, but don’t exaggerate. Last winning season was 2016, before that 2011. On the field, it was last year. Far from stellar and the glory days, but, not as bad as you make it seem.

I know you don’t believe the hype, but don’t exaggerate. Last winning season was 2016, before that 2011. On the field, it was last year. Far from stellar and the glory days, but, not as bad as you make it seem.
Sorry, what I meant was the last sentence where I said go .500 AND beat a quality opponent. They haven't done that since Daniels played.

They played mostly cupcakes in 2016 and in 2011. So my fault for being unclear.

Beat a quality team AND have a winning record, then people at Princeton can celebrate the turning of the tide.

Sorry, what I meant was the last sentence where I said go .500 AND beat a quality opponent. They haven't done that since Daniels played.

They played mostly cupcakes in 2016 and in 2011. So my fault for being unclear.

Beat a quality team AND have a winning record, then people at Princeton can celebrate the turning of the tide.
LOL!!! You must be a politician!!! So, the GMC is full of cupcakes?

Last edited:
I agree with you and im a Princeton fan ,they need to be more physical and learn to dominate the teams they are suppose to . to much talent and hype not too
You all speak as if Princeton scrimmaged some weak back team that would roll over. Trotwood is legit. If my memory is correct, they beat WW last year. Give them some credit. Folks sounding the alarm after one scrimmage?!

LOL!!! You must be a politician!!! So, the GMC is full of cupcakes?
Never said that, but every year in GMC you have dominant Colerain, then 1-2 very solid teams, 4-5 ok teams, and 3 garbage teams.

Who did Princeton beat in 16 or 11 that wasn't a cupcake team?

Never said that, but every year in GMC you have dominant Colerain, then 1-2 very solid teams, 4-5 ok teams, and 3 garbage teams.

Who did Princeton beat in 16 or 11 that wasn't a cupcake team?
You said they beat a bunch of cupcake teams. Well most of their games are conference games. You really are just talking. Do you have something against Princeton? They beat some good teams. Examples are, Fairfield who was second in the GMC that year, Anderson, Springfield.

Last edited:
I'm leaning this direction also. West is legit.
Don, what makes you think that? This is not one of the more talented West teams. There is not a ton of offensive talent and they’re learning a new system. They were good on defense last year, but Bolden is not known as a defensive coach. Frankly, I think they go 5-5.

I didnt think Princeton looked that good considering the low numbers Trotwood has. Trotwood ones held their own against Princeton. Princeton actually didnt impose its will until Trotwood wore down.

Trotwood held numerous kids out (impact kids) due to not having physicals. New AD is NOT messing around with paperwork. Good for him. If Trotwood held it's own, that is a good sign considering they were hit with a tornado as well which caused many kids to move.

Like I said, weak schedule, when you go 6-4 in Region 8 (2016) and 7-3 in Region 4 (2011), you should make the playoffs.... The fact that they didn't means they had no quality wins. In 2011, they finished 11 in Region 4, shouldn't happen if you beat quality teams, period.

So like I said, cupcake schedules.

On another note, last season was Sycamore’s worst rushing offense under Datillo by over 400 yards. He wants to get back to a dominant run game. Fehr, a junior, will remind many people of former Sycamore QB Kyle Sess.
There were a number of reasons the rushing yardage was way down last year for Sycamore...Offensive line started 4 underclassmen including sophomores. Only 1 senior offensive lineman. The top running back severely sprained his ankle early in the season and never fully recovered. There was not a lot of depth at the position. The current senior class is supposed to be pretty good. A lot of them started as sophomores and juniors. Depth is always a factor at Sycamore though.