Fall HS Season

D2
Indian Hill - even losing a dynamite class and one of the best players to ever come through Cincinnati, still should be the team to beat.
Summit - reloads every year - should be very good.
Badin, Ross, Wyoming should round out the top 5, in whatever order. IH and Summit should be in a class by themselves until they have to play Alter

D3
CCD - after so many years waiting to win a state championship, they have a great chance to repeat.
Mariemont - perennial underachievers but could make a run with a solid group. No stars, but will work teams into the ground
Madeira - always in the hunt. Average Madeira teams have surprised some of the best every year - this one’s no different. He gets more out of his teams than most coaches ever could

A few teams could surprise the top 3 - CHCA, Reading, ??

CHCA has zero chance.

IH will dominate D2 again

The Cincy outlook is not good for some of these schools that have had success in the past.
Schools that are dying on the branch, with new coaches and how they got the job, No one knows ?
Sounds like the good ole boy network is working really hard here !
Schools like MND which all the girls Hate the coach and most decent players decided not to play, Milford has Say coaches who plan to play Kick & Run, that should be exciting !, Walnut has new coach, will need to wait and see how that goes, Princeton I thought stopped playing but I hear they do have a team and a Coach Okay ? Ursuline has a teacher ? Coach ? Boy scout leader ? Not real sure , but we know he sucks.
Mercy Mcauley has new guy playing keep away I think? But someone needs to tell him he does not get points for number of passes made, not real sure what he is doing ?
Maybe High school should start paying a few dollars more and they might get some experienced coaches.
Won't be long now ! we will know who is good and who really SUCKS !

FWIW, and the preseason polls aren't worth a lot, Lakota West is ranked 5th in the United Soccer Coaches national rankings of schools that play soccer in the fall. I'm not sure who is voting in this poll and where the information is coming from but it should be taken with a grain of salt.

People have a tendency to see these polls and say "We're ranked in the top 5 nationally" or "We're in the top 20 in the country." As I said above, the rankings are of the schools that play girls high school soccer in the fall. That's probably less than half of the schools in the country. The other schools play in the winter and the spring.

FWIW, and the preseason polls aren't worth a lot, Lakota West is ranked 5th in the United Soccer Coaches national rankings of schools that play soccer in the fall. I'm not sure who is voting in this poll and where the information is coming from but it should be taken with a grain of salt.

People have a tendency to see these polls and say "We're ranked in the top 5 nationally" or "We're in the top 20 in the country." As I said above, the rankings are of the schools that play girls high school soccer in the fall. That's probably less than half of the schools in the country. The other schools play in the winter and the spring.
Wonder how it will affect their ranking when they lose their first game.

Just like any sport ranking it gives talking points and its data quality varies so I agree it should be taken with a grain of salt. Having said that I believe if you drill down in the United coaches poll information the rankings are set by certain coaches and former coaches which have some insight into their own State teams and can influence the poll. Although not perfect it does try and capture changes in rosters and wins and losses. Really there’s nothing to gain by promoting a team unnecessarily since the truth will be revealed eventually. Meanwhile, Maher rankings does a pretty decent job with HS soccer rankings with wins and losses and according to their website makes optimization tweaks to their algorithms to find most “accurate” stacking.

IH may win (great program) but will not dominate, they lost to much. JV was nearly winless LY. Unless there are some super freshman think DII has a number of contenders.
So Kmac whats the outlook for the Dayton GCL schools and Fenwick? I'm not up to speed on McNick but I know they will improve (had to). I believe they have some girls that sat out for DA returning and should have a few others who missed last season due to injury.

Mason 0, Centerville 0
Westerville North 1, Mason 0
Centerville 1, WN 0

Centerville looked good as day went on but all teams looked even if it would have been a neutral site. Did not expect WN to be as good they were.

GCL outlook Carroll probably has strongest team on paper. But they are now division 1 this year. So for state it will be a tough road for them. But they have good chance to win the league. Fenwick had a great rebound year with new coach. They lost some talent but Chris knows what he is doing, if he can control his sometimes to direct comments he will continue to keep that program strong. Alter lost a lot but core Seniors are stand out players and Javier is a great coach they will be in the mix. Badin lost coach but have some good players coming back. Good to hear McNick coming back with better team. Surprise Team will be Bacon, they have good mix coming back and showed promise last year. They will be stronger this year. My guess, is Carroll, Alter, Fenwick, Badin will be top 4 not necessarily that order. Should be very competitive year..

GCL outlook Carroll probably has strongest team on paper. But they are now division 1 this year. So for state it will be a tough road for them. But they have good chance to win the league. Fenwick had a great rebound year with new coach. They lost some talent but Chris knows what he is doing, if he can control his sometimes to direct comments he will continue to keep that program strong. Alter lost a lot but core Seniors are stand out players and Javier is a great coach they will be in the mix. Badin lost coach but have some good players coming back. Good to hear McNick coming back with better team. Surprise Team will be Bacon, they have good mix coming back and showed promise last year. They will be stronger this year. My guess, is Carroll, Alter, Fenwick, Badin will be top 4 not necessarily that order. Should be very competitive year..
Thanks for the update. Our schedule is pretty full with college soccer but I’m going to try to make a few high school games this season.

I think Lakota West will take the GMC this year and could be a state power. They have KD, SJ and MP coming over from the DA to play their junior year. That gives them a powerful scorer, an attacking defender and another college level goalie to add to the already strong group.
West won't win their own league, much less the region. Above average team, but let's not get carried away.

As the coach of Loveland how do you think your team will do, Ted?
lol I haven’t coached a day in my life, but I’ll accept your assumption as a compliment. My kids have moved on to college so I’m not as close to the program as I once was, but it sounds like this year’s team will be on par with the last few years. I have no reason to think otherwise. They should be in the postseason mix again.

lol I haven’t coached a day in my life, but I’ll accept your assumption as a compliment. My kids have moved on to college so I’m not as close to the program as I once was, but it sounds like this year’s team will be on par with the last few years. I have no reason to think otherwise. They should be in the postseason mix again.

Sounds like there is trouble in the land of love, I heard 7 girls who would be on the roster (4 starters) quit bc of the coaching staff. None were studs, so they will still be good with KA up front (a top striker in the city) and the asst. coaches daughter at midfield (transfer student/DA player), but one has to wonder what is going on that so many returning players don't want to play and choose to not be a part of this program? These are CUP Gold players so they are quality talent, maybe not the caliber of some of the DA and OE ECNL talent, but good players.

Sounds like there is trouble in the land of love, I heard 7 girls who would be on the roster (4 starters) quit bc of the coaching staff. None were studs, so they will still be good with KA up front (a top striker in the city) and the asst. coaches daughter at midfield (transfer student/DA player), but one has to wonder what is going on that so many returning players don't want to play and choose to not be a part of this program? These are CUP Gold players so they are quality talent, maybe not the caliber of some of the DA and OE ECNL talent, but good players.
Potato Chips. The Dead Sea. Pretzels. This post. What do all four have in common? They're salty.

New account and the first post is to gripe about coaches. All signs point to --> someone's disgruntled.

Players who choose to quit are almost always addition by subtraction. Coaches want the players who want to be there. Plain and simple.

None were studs, so they will still be good with KA up front (a top striker in the city) and the asst. coaches daughter at midfield (transfer student/DA player)

I forgot LD was transferring from CCD to Loveland, wonder why she isn't listed on their MaxPreps roster for the 2019 season though. Will definitely be curious to see the production of her, KA and MB, and whether that's enough to carry a team of primarily sophomores to contend for the region.

I forgot LD was transferring from CCD to Loveland, wonder why she isn't listed on their MaxPreps roster for the 2019 season though. Will definitely be curious to see the production of her, KA and MB, and whether that's enough to carry a team of primarily sophomores to contend for the region.
Who are KA and MB? It’s ok to use names if your not disparaging the kid.

Who are KA and MB? It’s ok to use names if your not disparaging the kid.

I know, I just don't do it anymore regardless because that creates a digital footprint attached to their name in a google search forever that will lead here, where things may or may not be said fairly (or clearly stated as opinion and not fact) and I don't want to be responsible for that, I'm sorry. But you can pull up Loveland Girls Soccer roster on Maxpreps and see the two seniors KA and MB, they are also accomplished track stars for Loveland, at least one if not both long since been committed to play at the next level.

New account and the first post is to gripe about coaches. All signs point to --> someone's disgruntled.

You're not wrong on that, but in general I would still agree with the mindset that something is still "off" with HS soccer lately in Cincinnati. My take is coaches just lack confidence in the merits of HS soccer being valuable for what it is meant to be - school pride, kids playing with the kids they sit next to in class everyday, strengthening school communities - and instead they are trying to be too much like club soccer to validate their own abilities and hush the HS soccer naysayers. I tend to agree with Competitive Edge, kudos to those that recognize the differences but see the value and merit of both, rather than pitting them against each other. I'd love to see varsity teams go back to teams of upperclassmen who've paid their dues in the program and established a deep love for their school and pride in playing for their community, rather than these teams full of newbies that no one in the school even knows and is not going to fill the stands to support. Leave the social media boosting of individual players to the club, where the purpose is recruitment, and get back to varsity teams playing with grit to win age old rivalries and deepen friendships in school (something kids today need more of not less of). I'd love to return to the days of teams driven by kids with something to prove not coaches with something to prove, there's nothing like the grit of kids playing for each other and their friends in the stands. These teams are full of kids playing for their coach's shout out on social media, and a starting spot, and playing time. Grinding out a win for their school is way too far down on the list anymore IMO.

Potato Chips. The Dead Sea. Pretzels. This post. What do all four have in common? They're salty.

Players who choose to quit are almost always addition by subtraction. Coaches want the players who want to be there. Plain and simple.

Yea this was my first post and thanks so much for attacking me...... I have read Yappi posts for years and wondered why there were only a dozen or so regular posters, and now I know why. OK, lets talk about CUP vs. OE for the umpteenth time, cause every new person who attempts to contribute gets attacked by the old guard.

"Players who choose to quit are almost always addition by subtraction. Coaches want the players who want to be there. Plain and simple."

I think there will always be the one-off kid who quits because of playing time, or the disgruntled player/parent who attacks the coach because their kid got cut, but when you have 4 starters and 7 roster players leave the program because it is longer fun for them, something is up.

No, not really. A kid's digital footprint should not lead them to some parent discussing them on Yappi.
As long as it’s positive should be a plus. You know the kids themselves would like it. Negative slants aimed at HS kids is not a good look most of us are adults on here we should know better. So we can disagree.

I think there will always be the one-off kid who quits because of playing time, or the disgruntled player/parent who attacks the coach because their kid got cut, but when you have 4 starters and 7 roster players leave the program because it is longer fun for them, something is up.
These numbers are fake news. Loveland lost 6 senior starters to graduation, but all 5 of the remaining starters are returning. Thus, they had 0 starters leave the program.

They did have two pairs of sisters (4 players) who all came off the varsity bench last year choose not to try out this year (1 actually quit during the postseason last year). No other varsity players quit. I think what you meant to say is that you assume that those 4 girls would have started this year (incorrect assumption) and three more players who played JV last year would have made varsity this year (wrong) but they decided not to try out. That's drastically different from 4 starters and 7 total varsity players chose not to come back.

But don't let facts stop you, please keep on speaking your "truth."

These numbers are fake news. Loveland lost 6 senior starters to graduation, but all 5 of the remaining starters are returning. Thus, they had 0 starters leave the program.

Or....the team, the team, the team. Shouldn't really matter if they are starters or not or JV or not, if you have more than a couple people who've invested half their high school careers or more leaving a program and you're happy to try and make a state championship run with a few studs and a team full of newbies, or worse you have coaches not caring that upperclassmen who are leaders of the school are leaving the program, than yes, you probably have a culture problem. Coach K (soccer) and Coach P of (basketball) run programs on totally opposite ends of the value system spectrum...not sure I've ever heard Coach P divide his program by starter and bench (or even JV or varsity), yet he has girls wanting to stay and play for him who could go elsewhere and contend for a state championship every year. That's where its at.

I guess all love in the land is lost………………………………………………………Not

Loveland will be right in the mix of things this year as they always are. Its not to hard to plug and play in the system that they have. Kick the ball long, hit people like your playing line backer for the Bengal's and go for every header like concussions don’t exist. This has been a recipe for success for them and that is not changing anytime soon. Take a chill pill they will be fine.

Or....the team, the team, the team. Shouldn't really matter if they are starters or not or JV or not, if you have more than a couple people who've invested half their high school careers or more leaving a program and you're happy to try and make a state championship run with a few studs and a team full of newbies, or worse you have coaches not caring that upperclassmen who are leaders of the school are leaving the program, than yes, you probably have a culture problem. Coach K (soccer) and Coach P of (basketball) run programs on totally opposite ends of the value system spectrum...not sure I've ever heard Coach P divide his program by starter and bench (or even JV or varsity), yet he has girls wanting to stay and play for him who could go elsewhere and contend for a state championship every year. That's where its at.
That's a distinction built on false premises if I've ever seen one. They're different coaches with different styles, no question. But they're both very good at what they do and Loveland is lucky to have them. But only one of them has built an elite HS program. If you want to convince yourself of culture issues without any other context, that's your prerogative. I think they'll be just fine.