Ohio Prospect Camp

dstoup

Hey All,

Ohio Prospect Camp presented by Vantage Wrestling will be held September 29th at Whitmer HS (Toledo, Oh)

For more information and to register, please visit:
https://www.vantagewrestling.com/prospect-camp

Space is limited to the first 100 wrestlers, so focus can provide individualized attention from college coaches!

Updated College Commit List. Don't want to miss this!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190806-184553.png
    Screenshot_20190806-184553.png
    471.8 KB · Views: 51
How are your numbers for this event?

It's great to see wrestling having prospect camps,combines, showcases. Baseball and Football have been having them for years with great success for the players and the colleges.

How are your numbers for this event?

It's great to see wrestling having prospect camps,combines, showcases. Baseball and Football have been having them for years with great success for the players and the colleges.
Numbers have been above expectation, we are projecting 150+ wrestlers attending September 29th. We have just shy of 30 colleges committed on attending as well, multiple D1, D2, D3 and NAIA programs committed.

Our goal is to get as many college coaching eyes as possible on wrestlers that want to compete at the next level! We've seen many unbelievably hardworking, talented wrestlers overlooked because they may not have the high profile program, or schedule attached to their name, or haven't been invited to the "invitation only" camps. We hope to promote all levels of wrestling and continue to grow this great sport!

Our goal is to get as many college coaching eyes as possible on wrestlers that want to compete at the next level! We've seen many unbelievably hardworking, talented wrestlers overlooked because they may not have the high profile program, or schedule attached to their name, or haven't been invited to the "invitation only" camps. We hope to promote all levels of wrestling and continue to grow this great sport!

When you say "invitation only" camps, are you referring to National or World Team camps, or are there other invitation only camps out there?

When you say "invitation only" camps, are you referring to National or World Team camps, or are there other invitation only camps out there?
I believe there to be invitation camps, similar to other sports, that aren't National or World Team camps. Have you not heard of this?

Ohio Prospect Camps purpose, is designed to take any HS wrestler with the desire to wrestle at the next level, put them in a gym with 30 college coaches at every level and give the wrestler an opportunity to showcase what they've got to offer

Ohio Prospect Camps purpose, is designed to take any HS wrestler with the desire to wrestle at the next level, put them in a gym with 30 college coaches at every level and give the wrestler an opportunity to showcase what they've got to offer

Nice!

I believe there to be invitation camps, similar to other sports, that aren't National or World Team camps. Have you not heard of this?

No, sorry, I haven't heard of any others. Can you please give some examples of invite only wrestling camps, other than National or World Team camps?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190808-171606.png
    Screenshot_20190808-171606.png
    471.3 KB · Views: 29
Haha. Not interested in following down your rabbit hole. Best of luck!

It's not a rabbit hole; it's one question I was hoping to get answered. I've been involved in this sport for 20 years as a competitor and coach, and I like to continue learning, so if I've been in the dark about something I try to find out more about it.

If anyone else wants to answer my question, it would be much appreciated.

Cannot wait for this event! One heck of a college attendance list.
Love the idea of having the best kids in the state all in one gym with a practice like setting!

This is a great idea and love seeing this, however in the future is it possible to have this either in summer or closer to wrestling season? I have a few guys who would certainly take advantage of this but it is during football season and they cannot.

This is a great idea and love seeing this, however in the future is it possible to have this either in summer or closer to wrestling season? I have a few guys who would certainly take advantage of this but it is during football season and they cannot.
We are always open to suggestions and what works best for the athletes and the college recruiters that are attending. We will definitely look at that for next year!

It's not a rabbit hole; it's one question I was hoping to get answered. I've been involved in this sport for 20 years as a competitor and coach, and I like to continue learning, so if I've been in the dark about something I try to find out more about it.

If anyone else wants to answer my question, it would be much appreciated.

Usedtobe,

Sometimes these camps have a credentials criteria cutoff, where the athlete has to be a certain level to participate. I believe OPRF in Illinois ran one like this several times, and maybe Olentangy Liberty as well? I think combines in general in the sport of wrestling are pretty uncommon.

Usedtobe,

Sometimes these camps have a credentials criteria cutoff, where the athlete has to be a certain level to participate. I believe OPRF in Illinois ran one like this several times, and maybe Olentangy Liberty as well? I think combines in general in the sport of wrestling are pretty uncommon.

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer this, WestsideSpladle.