Struthers football 2019

Isn't that on the coaches? Kids need some lessons in humility...
They do have talent... enough to make a run at the NE8 championship and be a player in the district... egos will kill that real fast though.
The main one not playing football probably woulda been the QB last year and this season but he is the same way with hoops

Isn't that on the coaches? Kids need some lessons in humility...
They do have talent... enough to make a run at the NE8 championship and be a player in the district... egos will kill that real fast though.
Egos from the kids and parents. It’s a shame. Why specialize in a sport these days? How many studies have proven it’s not beneficial to specialize in 1 sport? None of these kids are going to duke for God’s sake.

Egos from the kids and parents. It’s a shame. Why specialize in a sport these days? How many studies have proven it’s not beneficial to specialize in 1 sport? None of these kids are going to duke for God’s sake.

I hear ya. My cousins gave up baseball, prob their best sport, to specialize in basketball...

Can't force kids to play sports. If their heart isn't in it, it's not worth it...

Last edited:
I hear ya. My cousins gave up baseball, prob their best sport, to specialize in basketball...

Yeah it’s a shame for a kid to waste talent in any sport. But if they don’t want to play you can’t make em. Either way the cats have a lot coming back.

Yeah it’s a shame for a kid to waste talent in any sport. But if they don’t want to play you can’t make em. Either way the cats have a lot coming back.

They sure do. Any receivers to watch, besides Hall? Think we see Hall lined up wide more this year? Like trips to one side, with Hall on the other?

How's the field coming along?

Looks like Campbell is on schedule

Howland still a little behind. Aiming for football home opener September 13.

How's the field coming along?

Looks like Campbell is on schedule

Howland still a little behind. Aiming for football home opener September 13.
It started getting laid down yesterday, about 70 yards of the main field are almost done, one end zone is black so far, coming along a lot smoother then the construction did, but all the details like numbers, logo etc will still need put down as well. I’m not sure if the track will be done by the start of the season but the field should be playable in a week or so

They sure do. Any receivers to watch, besides Hall? Think we see Hall lined up wide more this year? Like trips to one side, with Hall on the other?
They got the Marshall kid at one of the receivers. Few other younger guys are stepping up. Some seniors getting looks but no one really of note except hall/Hawkins. Because hall is getting a decent amount of practice at qb as well.

Definitely running right at the defense this season. Good old Struthers football.

They got the Marshall kid at one of the receivers. Few other younger guys are stepping up. Some seniors getting looks but no one really of note except hall/Hawkins. Because hall is getting a decent amount of practice at qb as well.

Definitely running right at the defense this season. Good old Struthers football.

Sounds good.
Everyone wants to know how they're going to replace JD... it's easy. They're not. Completely different offensive mindset this year.

I think red endzones would've been cool, with white "STRUTHERS" and "WILDCATS" in each endzone outlined in black. And a white block S at midfield with black trim.

Then again, red jerseys prob stand out more in black endzones...
I'm sure it will be sharp, whatever it looks like.

I think red endzones would've been cool, with white "STRUTHERS" and "WILDCATS" in each endzone outlined in black. And a white block S at midfield with black trim.

Then again, red jerseys prob stand out more in black endzones...
I'm sure it will be sharp, whatever it looks like.
If you look at the pictures of canfields new turf it’ll probably be like that. Same company. Same colors.

Other WR to watch this year are Morton and Farina both really good , there is also a freshman in the mix who is really good to. I heard some really good things about the OL it’s going to be even better then what we thought this year .

Other WR to watch this year are Morton and Farina both really good , there is also a freshman in the mix who is really good to. I heard some really good things about the OL it’s going to be even better then what we thought this year .
I’ll give you farina. Kid works hard. Is hard nosed and will be a solid player for the cats.

Last edited:
Farina will be solid on both sides of the ball, Moton has a horrible attitude I don’t see him being a key factor unless injuries occur

Per:

New turf.jpg

It’s great to see a large amount of high schools across the state putting in turf or looking to do so in the near future. More and more options for playoff sites.