The Official 2019 Cleveland Indians Thread

I'm too lazy to do the research, but can somebody inform Brian how many of the past 10-15 World Series have been won by a wildcard team.

I'm too lazy to do the research, but can somebody inform Brian how many of the past 10-15 World Series have been won by a wildcard team.
I believe the answer is 3 in the previous 15 seasons: '04 Red Sox, '11 Cardinals, and '14 Giants. The '97 Marlins, '02 Angels, and '03 Marlins have also won since the advent of the wild card in 1994.

Combined three-hit shutout by three Indian pitchers, while the Twinkies get blown out by the Braves. I think that brings it down to 2.5 lead for the Twinkies.

Amazing what this pitching staff has done with all the injuries,they just keep coming up.

Yeah! Five pitchers combine for a four-hitter. I cannot even name half of the Tribe's pitchers. Where are they coming from. Whatever, Fracnonia is doing a great job handling them. Down to two games for you (meaning Brian) Twinkie fans.

Last edited:
Want to know. Should I go back through this thread and wade through all of Brian's pro-Twins and anti-Tribe messages to find out which was the dumbest? It would probably take me all night, but off the cuff I recall where he said the AL Central race was over when the Twinkies were 10 games up on the Tribe.

Twinkies' collars tightening?

giphy.gif

Want to know. Should I go back through this thread and wade through all of Brian's pro-Twins and anti-Tribe messages to find out which was the dumbest? It would probably take me all night, but off the cuff I recall where he said the AL Central race was over when the Twinkies were 10 games up on the Tribe.

Easy there, old man. Let's get up two games. Don't you flip ol' dum-dum. What if he becomes the reverse moloika ?

That collar isnt just tight it's on fire right now too! Have to take one more in the series to continue to take their confidence.

Santana goes boom-boom in the 10th to give the Tribe the win. Tribe goes into Minnesota and takes 3 out of 4, and regains the tie in the division.

I just hope the bullpen has enough gas left to get them over the top. Something is obviously off with Hand. I cannot imagine it is all about being tired. His sliders are no were near a strike and guys are just sitting on and pound his fastball.

That's why the Tribe isn't going to win the Series. They'll never get by the Astros if Verlander is healthy. Their only chance is that Kluber comes back and is his old self.