The Official 2019 Cleveland Indians Thread

I like the trade. The Indians have desperately needed a power bat at a corner outfield position and they got one in Puig. Reyes will likely DH. Hopefully they bat him or Puig (after his suspension, the dumbazz) in the clean-up spot and move Kipnis down the line-up where he belongs. One of them can bat 6th and provide some protection for Ramirez. The line-up just got better, no doubt. Puig is a rental. Reyes is the centerpiece of the trade and the club has control of him through 2024.

As for Bauer, he was a tease; pitching lights out one game and then wanting to punch his lights out watching him pitch the next. His stubbornness had to wear on his teammates. Can you imagine having to play behind this guy and watching him throw 117 pitches every game, shaking off Perez almost every pitch? He had the stuff to overpower, but he insisted on trying to throw the perfect pitch on the paint constantly. Idiosyncrasies off the field are one thing. Displaying them on the field is quite another, and I think the Indians just grew weary of the act.

Last edited:
I like the trade. The Indians have desperately needed a power bat at a corner outfield position and they got one in Puig. Reyes will likely DH. Hopefully they bat him or Puig (after his suspension, the dumbazz) in the clean-up spot and move Kipnis down the line-up where he belongs. One of them can bat 6th and provide some protection for Ramirez. The line-up just got better, no doubt. Puig is a rental. Reyes is the centerpiece of the trade and the club has control of him through 2024.

As for Bauer, he was a tease; pitching lights out one game and then wanting to punch his lights out watching him pitch the next. His stubbornness had to wear on his teammates. Can you imagine having to play behind this guy and watching him throw 117 pitches every game, shaking off Perez almost every pitch? He had the stuff to overpower, but he insisted on trying to throw the perfect pitch on the paint constantly. Idiosyncrasies off the field are one thing. Displaying them on the field is quite another, and I think the Indians just grew weary of the act.

Time to move Kipnis down the line to the coaching staff... I get that Tito loves the guy, but honesty is an important part of love.

A GREAT trade for the Tribe,with his one year contracts he was leaving sooner tan later.

I'm starting to be ok with the trade now Ray lol. I just hate giving up pitching. Now what do we do send bauers and luplow down? Who's backing up first?

Solid trade for the Tribe. Two big bats and 5 years of team control on Franmil Reyes. My Reds are good with the deal also, rotation next year has Castillo, Bauer and Gray at the top. Padres must be on drugs, giving up Reyes for a prospect. Trammell is a good player in AA, and will be a decent MLB OF, but Reyes has a lot of power and is cheap.

And who else will they send down since they activated Salazar, and Kluber and Carrasco should be returning shortly?
Will be interesting to see whether the expected offense can overcome the short-term possible pitching 'hole'.
Maybe everything can come together at the right time instead of being a month early.

Good question. Hopefully one that will be easier to answer after this afternoon. I'd like to see a reasonable 3rd base bat come into the lineup and move Jose to 2nd.

I realize there are some folks who are done with Kipnis, but I'm not one of them. With a lineup that features Lindor, Ramirez, Santana, Reyes, Puig you have plenty of thunder. Perez has some pop too. I'd love to have Kipnis on my team to play 2B, bat 7/8/9, and provide some leadership, grit and experience. He just doesn't belong where he has been forced to hit in the lineup previously.

I realize there are some folks who are done with Kipnis, but I'm not one of them. With a lineup that features Lindor, Ramirez, Santana, Reyes, Puig you have plenty of thunder. Perez has some pop too. I'd love to have Kipnis on my team to play 2B, bat 7/8/9, and provide some leadership, grit and experience. He just doesn't belong where he has been forced to hit in the lineup previously.

I can't much argue with that logic. I've thought for the last two seasons that they needed to start the "Kipnis evacuation" plan to start moving in another direction. I love his grit and he's apparently a good teammate but he's well into the downside of his career.

And who else will they send down since they activated Salazar, and Kluber and Carrasco should be returning shortly?
Will be interesting to see whether the expected offense can overcome the short-term possible pitching 'hole'.
Maybe everything can come together at the right time instead of being a month early.

I heard Cookie is moved to the 60 day DL, so they have time with that spot. I was wrong earlier itt.

I hear ya, and I want to believe - in part cuz I like the guy. He's feasted on trash pitching. Time will tell

I don't know about you, but I'm over Danny Salazar. Last night, he resembled Mike Tomlin, throwing off-speed stuff and topping off at 87 on the gun. After the game, he said he was affected by a groin injury. From the very first pitch? That's what he said, basically: that it started hurting very early in the game, but he didn't notify the coaches until the fourth inning. Really? Here's his quote after the game: "I don't think it's something really bad. It happened to me in Arizona, like, two months ago. I didn't feel it after until today." Huh? No one said anything about an injured groin in Arizona, where it was reported he clocked 92-93 mph.

Frankly, I think this guy is fragile as sugar glass. The Indians are in no position to pamper him anymore. They need a reliable starter until Kluber comes back, but I'd rather go with Plesac and Plutko than this guy.

It was a trade the Tribe had to make....lineup is much better and team better positioned going forward now too with a young righty bat in Reyes that can hit 35+ homers a year. They also got a couple young lefty pitchers which they have not had in years...hopefully one of them pans out. Bauer was gone this winter and they got more than they would have if they waited. Their starting pitching is thin right now unless Kluber comes back and is closer to the Kluber of old. They have an interesting decision to make on him this offseason too as he has about a 20M team option for 2020 I believe. Houston is by far the best team in the AL now on paper. Not sure if Tribe can catch the Twins or not but should be able to grab a wildcard at least this year.

You guys are gonna' love Puig. Plays every game balls out. I would pay money just to watch this guy throw and run the bases. The Wild Horse nickname of his appropriate. Only possible knock I got is he tends to think cutoff men are just a suggestion, but man he has a cannon.

Brian hasn't come on here, pissing and moaning, so the Tribe must have won. Probably down in mom's basement wanking off to the Twins' win.

Puig and Reyes fit good in the #4 and 6 holes. And, more importantly, Kipnis looks real good in the 7 spot.