GWOC - AMERICAN Conference Thoughts and Predictions

Hawk1959

All,

Time to start talking about the GWOC American Conference and get everyone thoughts on the teams. We have some interesting and to some of us currently disappointing changes with some of the Teams.

As always its about the players, coaches and schedule. What looks good, what scouting reports and views the posters have, etc. What are you worried about? Will the GWOC-A be a force for the rest of Region 2 to deal with or will it be a sleeper this year with not many teams making the playoffs?

GWOC-American, formally National East, is back with the Normal bigger schools and intact from last years. Schools and last years Records are:

Beavercreek Overall 1-9, Conf 0-4
Centerville Overall 2-8, Conf 2-2
Fairmont Overall 7-4, Conf 2-2
Springfield Overall 9-3, Conf 3-1
Wayne Overall 7-4, Conf 3-1

All Schools are in Region 2 This year based on OHSAA Div/Region assignments.

Lets get some information flowing!!

Interesting year. A lot of new faces on the field. Springfield replaces a lot of their secondary plus quarterback but should be good again. Wayne brand new coach, qb, replace Harris but has a beast of a runningback. How good will the Elks be? They ended the season 2-0 including a big win over Fairmont

The GWOC is between Springfield and Centerville this year. Wayne will be down on talent and staff turnover. Creek and Fairmont lost too much.

Wayne is loaded with talent and will have a very fast team... they will be young but the issue will be with the lines. If Wayne can keep players from transferring they should be decent. The starting QB will be just as good or even better. Top WR who missed all of last year should be back. Centerville has to come to Wayne to play..... I just do not see them getting a win there at this time so I believe Springfield, Wayne, Elkies, Birds, Creek

Wayne is loaded with talent and will have a very fast team... they will be young but the issue will be with the lines. If Wayne can keep players from transferring they should be decent. The starting QB will be just as good or even better. Top WR who missed all of last year should be back. Centerville has to come to Wayne to play..... I just do not see them getting a win there at this time so I believe Springfield, Wayne, Elkies, Birds, Creek
Wayne seems to always have talent, but I think losing Minton, breaking in a new QB, and a young OL/DL will be tough to overcome. I still like the Cats and Elks as the favorites.

On Centerville, who is back this year? What are the bright spots and the areas that will need work on? Its tough for a team to come back from a 2 and 8 season...

I agree, Springfield may be the top of the heap this year...

Wayne, as always, I will need to see some snaps and how the team and coach reacts under pressure. The schedule this year will show us early on what we have.

On Centerville, who is back this year? What are the bright spots and the areas that will need work on? Its tough for a team to come back from a 2 and 8 season...

I agree, Springfield may be the top of the heap this year...

Wayne, as always, I will need to see some snaps and how the team and coach reacts under pressure. The schedule this year will show us early on what we have.
On offense, our QB, RB and some talented WRs are back. On defense, we have our SS, DE, and other good skills players back. OL and DL are the biggest question marks. I like our young talent that will have to contribute this year.

Extremely tough division with extremely really schedules....could go a lot of different direction. I believe every team is replacing their QB except Centerville.

(1) Wayne Warriors - Talented with tradition of winning, I don't think the loss of Minton affect W/L that much. Return 1000+yard rusher. Always the team to beat in the GWOC.
(2) Fairmont Firebirds - Lost a lot of good players to graduation, reloading with young players but program built to compete with all these teams. Like most of these teams, they play a really tough schedule.
(3) Springfield Wildcats - Lost some really good defensive players but not lacking in talent, always a threat. Will they be the beneficiary of the Minton ouster?
(4) Centerville (Harrison's) Elks - Young QB should be better in year 2, certainly not lacking in offensive power. Defense started playing well late in the year & should be a lot better. Talent continues to transfer in luckily.
(5) Beavercreek Beavers - Not sure what happened to the Beavers last year, i expect them to be much improved assuming they have lost some bad apples.

Great league, only getting better. 3-1 will win it again this year.

Go Firebirds!

Extremely tough division with extremely really schedules....could go a lot of different direction. I believe every team is replacing their QB except Centerville.

(1) Wayne Warriors - Talented with tradition of winning, I don't think the loss of Minton affect W/L that much. Return 1000+yard rusher. Always the team to beat in the GWOC.
(2) Fairmont Firebirds - Lost a lot of good players to graduation, reloading with young players but program built to compete with all these teams. Like most of these teams, they play a really tough schedule.
(3) Springfield Wildcats - Lost some really good defensive players but not lacking in talent, always a threat. Will they be the beneficiary of the Minton ouster?
(4) Centerville (Harrison's) Elks - Young QB should be better in year 2, certainly not lacking in offensive power. Defense started playing well late in the year & should be a lot better. Talent continues to transfer in luckily.
(5) Beavercreek Beavers - Not sure what happened to the Beavers last year, i expect them to be much improved assuming they have lost some bad apples.

Great league, only getting better. 3-1 will win it again this year.

Go Firebirds!
Supposedly 2 or 3 Wayne players have transferred to Springfield in the wake of the Minton fiasco, so you could be very correct about the Wildcats.

Vamp, MaxPrep has Boogie walker now at Springfield. This link has Video labeled as him at a 7 on 7 on the Springfield team. I was told there MIGHT be 2 other players that left from Wayne to Springfield... but I do not know that for a fact or their names. Until I see rosters, everything is speculation. MaxPeps has him on both Wayne and Springfield Rosters.

He has been there since last school year

I heard that Centerville got some transfers in this season (Bcreek, Trotwood, Wayne, and Northmont). I am not sure if any of these players will help the Elks this year, but I like the trend. We need some big hog mollies to move in.

I heard that Centerville got some transfers in this season (Bcreek, Trotwood, Wayne, and Northmont). I am not sure if any of these players will help the Elks this year, but I like the trend. We need some big hog mollies to move in.
Yes you can't develop your own players so get them from other schools. Worked for Wayne for years so now Centerville should do it. You guys have over 1000 boys and can't develop your own players. Pathetic.

Yes you can't develop your own players so get them from other schools. Worked for Wayne for years so now Centerville should do it. You guys have over 1000 boys and can't develop your own players. Pathetic.
or maybe these players thought Centerville gave them a better chance in football to succeed. If the Elks can enjoy the success of Wayne over the last decade, sign me up.

Those transfers must live within the Centerville School District, right?

or maybe these players thought Centerville gave them a better chance in football to succeed. If the Elks can enjoy the success of Wayne over the last decade, sign me up.
That excuse is more pathetic than what you had already said. Better chances than at Wayne, Trotwood, Northmont, or Beavercreek? We aren't idiots on here.

I know what you are saying. You are fine with Centerville, the biggest school in the area, not being able to have their own good players and teams and so they should go out and get kids from other schools since they cant do it on their own as long as they win.

That excuse is more pathetic than what you had already said. Better chances than at Wayne, Trotwood, Northmont, or Beavercreek? We aren't idiots on here.

I know what you are saying. You are fine with Centerville, the biggest school in the area, not being able to have their own good players and teams and so they should go out and get kids from other schools since they cant do it on their own as long as they win.

Stay off of this guy's lawn.

excuse? I would like to see both - Elks players doing great and transfers if they can help us. Go vomit on another thread!

Absolutely. They lost to Alter last year who was a good team but has literally 1/4 of the enrollment that Centerville has.

Really? One of the worst teams in Elk history lost 10-7 to the D3 State Runner-Up

Okay, we’ll go the year before to when Centerville lost to Northmont who has over 1000 (!!!) less students than Centerville. That year they also lost to Pickerington North, who also has over 1000 (!!!) less students than Centerville. Then we’ll go to the year before that, when they went 5-5 and those 5 loses those schools had on average near 900 less students than Centerville. That’s like taking those schools, and putting the whole school of Piqua into it.

Okay, we’ll go the year before to when Centerville lost to Northmont who has over 1000 (!!!) less students than Centerville. That year they also lost to Pickerington North, who also has over 1000 (!!!) less students than Centerville. Then we’ll go to the year before that, when they went 5-5 and those 5 loses those schools had on average near 900 less students than Centerville. That’s like taking those schools, and putting the whole school of Piqua into it.
I understand the enrollment argument but that is not the only factor. If not, St. Xavier would win every year, Fairfield & Mason would go to final 4 each year, and Beavercreek & Hamilton would be powerhouses. Northmont has always competed with the Elks. I do agree that the Elks should be more consistent and make deep playoff runs every few years. Centerville has one of the best athletics programs in the state and has won the GWOC All-Sports trophy for 20+ years in a row. I am going to have fun watching the Elks the next few years in light of the shots that have been taken at the program recently. From the JR to Frosh classes, this is the most talent I have seen at the HS in 20 years.

ST XAVIER - 1413
ST IGNATIUS - 1309
MASON - 1302
FAIRFIELD - 1253
ST EDWARD - 1050
CENTERVILLE - 1049
HAMILTON - 1029
LAKOTA WEST - 1008
LAKOTA EAST - 1007
BEAVERCREEK - 970

Last edited: