Sandusky Bay Conference 2019-20

Team favorites to win and weight class favorites. The SBC looks like a really good conference with some really good teams in it. Also some very good freshman coming in that should have a really good showing. Should be a great tournament this year

Team favorites to win and weight class favorites. The SBC looks like a really good conference with some really good teams in it. Also some very good freshman coming in that should have a really good showing. Should be a great tournament this year
Edison has to be the favorite again, losing only two seniors. Edging Perkins last year for over all by a half point but I do believe Perkins loses a lot more from last year. Bellevue could be in the mix as well.

Edison's 2 losses are big losses looks like. Top 5 finishers at state so that's alot of production to make up. Assuming they were both top 2 at SBC last year also

Edison's 2 losses are big losses looks like. Top 5 finishers at state so that's alot of production to make up. Assuming they were both top 2 at SBC last year also
True... Adams and Keegan were both SBC champs. Edison still returns SBC champs in Barnett and Brewer. Runner ups in Neer and Slone, 3rd place finish in Homan. Two 4th place finishes in Holmes and Thompson and Lloyd taking 5th. Scott taking 6th and freshman Berardi taking 8th as an undersized hwt. Soviak also taking 8th after 6 weeks off from dislocated elbow. Incoming freshmen you have Max Hermes who was a SBC Middle School champ and two time Jr high state placer battling Fantuzzi, either one of these guys could win SBC 106 next year. Then incoming freshmen Duke Hermes and Cook also both SBC Middle School champs. Cook also a two time Jr high state placer. Edison might have their best year ever this coming season!

Let’s not rule out Hopewell-Loudon... they could add depth to a few weight classes. I hear Freeman could end up anywhere from 126-170....

Let’s not rule out Hopewell-Loudon... they could add depth to a few weight classes. I hear Freeman could end up anywhere from 126-170....
It's bad when you have to talk about yourself. Freeman hasn't been very good since he wrestled 106. Crawford pinned him and beat him out for 126 last year. Crawford the only decent wrestler Hopewell has.

Not really “talking about myself” it was more of a joke directed towards crimson blooded and com on man... but thank you for your input. Obviously with my screen name I’m not hiding behind anything I say...

Lake div. Champ I think will be Bellevue. River div. champ will easily be Edison. Bay division champ I think will be Gibsonburg. Overall champ probably comes down to Bellevue and Edison. Tiffin Columbian has some studs but not enough to win overall in their division.

Lake div. Champ I think will be Bellevue. River div. champ will easily be Edison. Bay division champ I think will be Gibsonburg. Overall champ probably comes down to Bellevue and Edison. Tiffin Columbian has some studs but not enough to win overall in their division.
I agree, but Edison is in the Bay and Gibsonburg is in the River.

Norwalk has some guys as well and Oak Harbor should be good. Interested in what Perkins does as well.
Wednesday on January 29th at 6:00 Edison duals Bellevue at Bellevue to give us a prelude to maybe the over all SBC tournament.

It's bad when you have to talk about yourself. Freeman hasn't been very good since he wrestled 106. Crawford pinned him and beat him out for 126 last year. Crawford the only decent wrestler Hopewell has.
Cant believe you will get on a forum and rip on a kid.. Kole is a great kid, and this doesn't needed said about him like that! He had a rough year, but he will get back on the saddle and try again.

I agree, but Edison is in the Bay and Gibsonburg is in the River.

Norwalk has some guys as well and Oak Harbor should be good. Interested in what Perkins does as well.
Wednesday on January 29th at 6:00 Edison duals Bellevue at Bellevue to give us a prelude to maybe the over all SBC tournament.
You're correct I got them mixed up. Also I may have overlooked Oak Harbor they always have a good group of kids. As for Norwalk, they also have some studs, just not enough overall to win their division. Perkins will also be in the mix depending on how much they lost. I believe Bellevue will edge them out there. Bellevue will add multi time OAC state champ Ray to their lineup and may have at least one more that could contribute early. That could be the difference by the time SBC rolls around to put them over the top.

Does anybody agree with the way that the SBC league meet is ran? All 3 divisions face off against each other but in any other sport they all have separate play for their titles. Yes, I’m aware that they still have their own titles but it’s just a little odd to me.

The SBC has always been a great tournament. The new format with the expanded conference is better than a lot of sectional tournaments. Personally, I love the way it is ran.

Does anybody agree with the way that the SBC league meet is ran? All 3 divisions face off against each other but in any other sport they all have separate play for their titles. Yes, I’m aware that they still have their own titles but it’s just a little odd to me.
This format gives a 16 man bracket with some weight classes having rat tails (single match elimination round) due to having over 16 in a weight class. If you look st some conference tournaments, like Firelands or N10, they will 2-5 wrestlers in a bracket. Even the OCC numbers are pretty low. The River division wouldnt be worth the 2pts towards the schedule if it wasn't for this format. This also being a modified bracket every one is getting 4-5 matches in a day with the exception of the rat tail loser. Even the rat tail matches I believe gives an opportunity for a win. They usually take the two worst records and pair them in a rat tail if needed. Instead of a seeded wrestler they get a chance to get a win. I would think this format would encourage conferences like F.C. and N10 to combine. Or invite schools like Loudonville and Lucas as affiliates. You win the SBC then you won something.

My only complaint is if you do not make the semis you can not wrestle back for 3rd semi losers wrestle for 3rd.

My only complaint is if you do not make the semis you can not wrestle back for 3rd semi losers wrestle for 3rd.
That is one hangup versus all the other positives. Seeding should straighten a lot of that out except for freshmen maybe. Gotta win your first two matches!