Votes: 7 10.3%
  • 2-8

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • 1-9

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 0-10

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters
I am hearing some optimism about this year's Elks squad. I heard a WR has moved in from Xenia/Bcreek and a good athlete from Trotwood.

Last edited:
Southwest Ohio,
That's just the point...The Elks don't have those assets returning.

I think the Elks are going to surprise some teams this year. We have some strong SRs & JRs returning along with younger players. With the QB & RB returning on offense and DE & SS on defense, the Elks will be competitive. I can't wait for Fairfield game in less than 60 days

3-7 or 4-6 if lucky. C-ville football is in need of a culture change. Hire the Wayne coach.

From an outsider’s point of view, I do not think that he would meet the parents’ approval. A huge amount of teams such as Middletown and Centerville need a culture change from the pee wee leagues on up. Is that possible? I do not know.

Why even worry about the playoffs, you guys don't know what to do when you get there. Haven't made it past the second round of the playoffs in 20+ years and even then only won 4-5 playoff games during that time. A very overrated football program...

Since the playoffs began, I did a comparison between Centerville and Wayne on how many times each team made it past the first round in the playoffs, compared to being just "one and done."

Out of the 16 seasons that Centerville made the playoffs, they were "one and done" 8 times. And they went beyond their first round game 8 times.

Out of the 21 seasons that Wayne made the playoffs, they were "one and done" 12 times. And they went beyond their first round game 9 times.

So Centerville has been "one and done" 50% of the time. While Wayne has been "one and done" 57.1% of the time.

3-7 or 4-6 if lucky. C-ville football is in need of a culture change. Hire the Wayne coach.

From an outsider’s point of view, I do not think that he would meet the parents’ approval. A huge amount of teams such as Middletown and Centerville need a culture change from the pee wee leagues on up. Is that possible? I do not know.

Specifically, what are some of these "culture" changes you mention? Thx.

I think the Elks are going to surprise some teams this year. We have some strong SRs & JRs returning along with younger players. With the QB & RB returning on offense and DE & SS on defense, the Elks will be competitive. I can't wait for Fairfield game in less than 60 days
I believe the whole D- Line was seniors last year, except for the Freshman, who is no longer at CHS.

Since the playoffs began, I did a comparison between Centerville and Wayne on how many times each team made it past the first round in the playoffs, compared to being just "one and done."

Out of the 16 seasons that Centerville made the playoffs, they were "one and done" 8 times. And they went beyond their first round game 8 times.

Out of the 21 seasons that Wayne made the playoffs, they were "one and done" 12 times. And they went beyond their first round game 9 times.

So Centerville has been "one and done" 50% of the time. While Wayne has been "one and done" 57.1% of the time.

how many playoff games has Wayne won compared to Centerville?

Specifically, what are some of these "culture" changes you mention? Thx.

You need some athletes too. I am guessing that you went to the Fairfield game last year.

When Colerain gets their thread going read it occasionally. Attend a couple of their games. You can figure it out.

Nice work Kyle

Nice work Kyle

Thanks. Since 1956 when the football rivalry began, Centerville leads Wayne with 33 wins - 29 losses - 1 tie.

Here are the scores below:

1956 - Centerville 20 - Wayne 0
1957 - Centerville 32 - Wayne 0
1958 - Centerville 34 - Wayne 6
1959 - Centerville 26 - Wayne 8
1960 - Wayne 29 - Centerville 6
1961 - Centerville 14 - Wayne 0
1962 - Centerville 6 - Wayne 6 (Also tied as Little Buckeye League co-champs).
1963 - Centerville 40 - Wayne 8
1964 - Did not play.
1965 - Did not play.
1966 - Wayne 39 - Centerville 6 (I was at this game - Ouch!!)
1967 - Centerville 8 - Wayne 0 (I was at this game also - ELKS scored in last few minutes to win!! Our family moved to California about 2 months later)
1968 - Wayne 22 - Centerville 14
1969 - Centerville 14 - Wayne 2
1970 - Wayne 22 - Centerville 0
1971 - Wayne 22 - Centerville 16
1972 - Centerville 27 - Wayne 0

From 1956 to 1972, Centerville leads Wayne with 9 wins - 5 losses - 1 tie.

Below is a link to the 1973 to the 2018 scores. I counted this period to be even at 24 wins apiece:

https://centervilleelksfootball.com/schedule-history/

Thanks. Since 1956 when the football rivalry began, Centerville leads Wayne with 33 wins - 29 losses - 1 tie.

Here are the scores below:

1956 - Centerville 20 - Wayne 0
1957 - Centerville 32 - Wayne 0
1958 - Centerville 34 - Wayne 6
1959 - Centerville 26 - Wayne 8
1960 - Wayne 29 - Centerville 6
1961 - Centerville 14 - Wayne 0
1962 - Centerville 6 - Wayne 6 (Also tied as Little Buckeye League co-champs).
1963 - Centerville 40 - Wayne 8
1964 - Did not play.
1965 - Did not play.
1966 - Wayne 39 - Centerville 6 (I was at this game - Ouch!!)
1967 - Centerville 8 - Wayne 0 (I was at this game also - ELKS scored in last few minutes to win!! Our family moved to California about 2 months later)
1968 - Wayne 22 - Centerville 14
1969 - Centerville 14 - Wayne 2
1970 - Wayne 22 - Centerville 0
1971 - Wayne 22 - Centerville 16
1972 - Centerville 27 - Wayne 0

From 1956 to 1972, Centerville leads Wayne with 9 wins - 5 losses - 1 tie.

Below is a link to the 1973 to the 2018 scores. I counted this period to be even at 24 wins apiece:

https://centervilleelksfootball.com/schedule-history/

This is revisionist history to the extreme. It includes most everything except Butler Township. It could be accurate if you replace the school name Wayne with Titus.

As a matter of fact, Wayne High school did not begin until 1981 when Huber Heights was incorporated.

Before then, there was a Titus High School in Wayne Township that served that community. It included some of what is now Huber Heights and well as portions of some of the surrounding townships.

This is revisionist history to the extreme. It includes most everything except Butler Township. It could be accurate if you replace the school name Wayne with Titus.

As a matter of fact, Wayne High school did not begin until 1981 when Huber Heights was incorporated.

Before then, there was a Titus High School in Wayne Township that served that community. It included some of what is now Huber Heights and well as portions of some of the surrounding townships.

Wayne High School was established in 1956. This is where I found the first ever football score between Centerville and Wayne. I also didn't see any score with Centerville playing Titus. If you have any other info with scores, this would be great!

Wayne High School was established in 1956. This is where I found the first ever football score between Centerville and Wayne. I also didn't see any score with Centerville playing Titus. If you have any other info with scores, this would be great!

Perhaps, you are reading a Centerville version of the history of Wayne High school. Again, let me help you correct your records.

Wayne High school was established in 1981. From at least 1956 to 1980, there was a Titus High School in Wayne Township. Therefore, the records you posted may refer to Titus High school or perhaps some other school. They certainly do not refer to Wayne High School because there was no such entity during the years mentioned.

Perhaps, you are reading a Centerville version of the history of Wayne High school. Again, let me help you correct your records.

Wayne High school was established in 1981. From at least 1956 to 1980, there was a Titus High School in Wayne Township. Therefore, the records you posted may refer to Titus High school or perhaps some other school. They certainly do not refer to Wayne High School because there was no such entity during the years mentioned.

Perhaps you should tell whoever runs this website, all knowing one.

http://www.waynewarriorsfootballhistory.com/

Not sure who you are referring to. Like I said everyone that played d-line last season was a senior, except Haywood, he is now at LaSalle.

Walls and Artis who will have big years - both 6’3”, 215 lbs. We have some boys come back out including a 6’5 300 pounder so we should be fine without last year’s DL.

There was a Wayne High School built at 5400 Chambersburg Road in 1959:
http://www.oldohioschools.com/montgomery_county.htm

Covington has a 3 to O record against Dayton Wayne. I checked gobuccs.com for confirmation. 1961 and 62 were two of the victories

Covington has a 3 to O record against Dayton Wayne. I checked gobuccs.com for confirmation. 1961 and 62 were two of the victories

That is correct but way back then the schools were close to the same size as Wayne township back then was mostly farms....