Benedictine Basketball 2019

Maybe VASJ is leaving the conference because they’re tired of losing to BENEDICTINE???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Losing what? You are living in a false reality. You are outside of your own mind. You need to get JOES out of your consciousness. Please, seek help before there is any more damage, before you hurt yourself or others. I pray for you on the long, long road to recovery that is ahead of you.

Losing what? You are living in a false reality. You are outside of your own mind. You need to get JOES out of your consciousness. Please, seek help before there is any more damage, before you hurt yourself or others. I pray for you on the long, long road to recovery that is ahead of you.

[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone think the head coach (whether fairly or unfairly) will catch any heat as a result of two significant players leaving the program recently?

I don't think he should but I'm not close to the program. Just am curious to hear what others may hear or know.

Anyone think the head coach (whether fairly or unfairly) will catch any heat as a result of two significant players leaving the program recently?

I don't think he should but I'm not close to the program. Just am curious to hear what others may hear or know.

It's not his fault, its HS Basketball. It seem to happen happens to all programs at one time or another.

It’s like the NBA these days. Have to follow your best buddy to another school or try to build that super team. No loyalty . Good riddance Busbee and Barba. Addition by subtraction. Barba couldn’t guard a wooden chair.

It’s like the NBA these days. Have to follow your best buddy to another school or try to build that super team. No loyalty . Good riddance Busbee and Barba. Addition by subtraction. Barba couldn’t guard a wooden chair.

Anybody who thinks that losing two quality athletes like Andy or B.J. is a positive thing needs to have their head examined.

I understand that your upset that they transferred, but to rag on them and their families just shows how pathetic you really are.

Benedictine with two freshmen studs coming in. Jyles Brandon ( Bedford ) and Sam Brown, not sure where Brown is from. Both played in the Championship Game at USBA Nationals in North Carolina this weekend.

Starting 5 this year should of been: Barba, Maxie, Busbee, Cobb and Buckner. Had depth on the bench in Abstane, Maiden and Hearst. Plus two quality freshmen (Brandon and Brown), would have made a solid team.
Transfers hurt us.

Why are the kids leaving Bene?

It's not just at Benedictine, it is a nationwide problem.
Over the course of the last half dozen years, between football and basketball, Benedictine has had 10-15 quality athletes transfer. I would estimate that 45% left for academic reasons, 45% left over a disagreement with a coach (playing time or playing position) and the last 10% left for other reasons.
Most of us who post here are old school. We believe that playing time is earned (in the classroom and at practice) and not a given. Most kids (and parents) don't see it like that today. They have the "I'm taking my talents to South Beach" mentality and as so long as that's the status quo, transfers will continue to happen at an alarming rate.

Last edited: