Moeller Wins Chicagoland Summer Boys Basketball Showcase

Moeller Basketball:

Nike pays them $1,000,000 a year
Moe recruits the entire U.S. with their large budget
Carl Kremer makes $500,000 a year
Alumni have weekly meeting demanding State Titles

Quit it. If they have an apparel deal most public schools in Ohio don't. They are unrestricted with the area they draw from. Most pubic schools have fixed constraints. I can guarantee you the Coach Kremer and HIS ASSISTANT coaches get paid a lot more than the public school coaches and yes if you pay 15k a year in tuition, you expect your athletic programs to be top notch. Public schools don't even think in that direction.

Different model, different rules, Apples and oranges. Closer to Oak Hill and IMG than to Princeton. Just need to take that final step. Quit playing public schools and get on with a regional or national powerhouse schedule. The area could use that option. Lakewood St. Ed, I am talking to you too.

Don't know any specifics other then shoe companies are well represented at all high schools anymore, not just St. X or Moeller.

And for the record, St. X is an adidas school, so is LaSalle. Elder seems to have be an Under Armour school and Moeller is a Nike school.

Did not realize X had switched over. Just remembered that Steve had gone to an event at Nike headquarters a few years back.

Moeller Basketball:

Nike pays them $1,000,000 a year
Moe recruits the entire U.S. with their large budget
Carl Kremer makes $500,000 a year
Alumni have weekly meeting demanding State Titles

ummmm, really? maybe i'm missing the sarcasm here but there's no way all this is true.

Soooooo.....just like Moeller?

Lol lol lol. Go watch the event. The big teams have at least 2 D-1 signees. They would not brag if 2 of their players were going to a ‘prestigious’ D-2 university. Those players would be role players. Unfortunately, right now, Ohio is a small pond and Moe is THE big fish.

Lol lol lol. Go watch the event. The big teams have at least 2 D-1 signees. They would not brag if 2 of their players were going to a ‘prestigious’ D-2 university. Those players would be role players. Unfortunately, right now, Ohio is a small pond and Moe is THE big fish.

2??? More like 4 or 5. Moeller is too scared to play at Flyin to the Hoop. They would rather beat up on some scrub team from GMC than risk playing a national level team and losing.

2??? More like 4 or 5. Moeller is too scared to play at Flyin to the Hoop. They would rather beat up on some scrub team from GMC than risk playing a national level team and losing.

You are right on. I said, “at least.” That is a fun weekend of hoops.

So which is it- Moeller steals all the talent and that’s why they are good or Moeller has no talent and therefore is scared to play (despite playing many nationally strong teams over Christmas break every year)?

So which is it- Moeller steals all the talent and that’s why they are good or Moeller has no talent and therefore is scared to play (despite playing many nationally strong teams over Christmas break every year)?

Ha ha ha ha Read. Comprehend. Reply responsibly.

I did not say Moeller steals talent. Just a different model. Should not be playing other public schools in Ohio and certainly not in the state tourney. What I am saying is that they are neither fish or fowl. They do some of things that the big time prep programs do but like to act like they are just like any other high school in Ohio. I am proposing that they just go all the way to the prep school route and quit pretending that they play by same set of rules that most publics in Ohio play by. Like I said earlier, it would be a cool option in SWO. Ed's could do it in NEO too.

Last edited:
Great debate for years. Since the 80,s the non public schools in New York, New Jersey,Pennsylvania, Delaware, Virginia, Washington DC , Maryland and Texas have had to run their own state tourney and are not allowed to play in the state athletic association tournament. They play by a different set of rules. Quite simple. Not complicated

Great debate for years. Since the 80,s the non public schools in New York, New Jersey,Pennsylvania, Delaware, Virginia, Washington DC , Maryland and Texas have had to run their own state tourney and are not allowed to play in the state athletic association tournament. They play by a different set of rules. Quite simple. Not complicated

It’s not complicated and the public’s have all the power- they have 85% massive majority yet have never pulled the trigger. Whining is more fun I guess...

Well then that is the choice that the majority has made- can’t complain about it if you have the ability to change it and choose not to out of greed

You have the very distinct problem of confusing my statements with someone else’s statements. I have never complained about the issue of separate tourneys. I have never stated anything about how Moeller attracts players to play hoops. I have never typed that Moeller’s players are not good. Please, for the love of god, focus on what you are commenting about.s

You have the very distinct problem of confusing my statements with someone else’s statements. I have never complained about the issue of separate tourneys. I have never stated anything about how Moeller attracts players to play hoops. I have never typed that Moeller’s players are not good. Please, for the love of god, focus on what you are commenting about.s

I actually didn’t respond to you the first time you told me I didn’t read or comprehend- I responded to the thread if you actually look at the post. You assumed because my comment was under yours that I did, but I did not quote you. Sounds like a focus/confusion/lack of comprehension on your part, not mine

I actually didn’t respond to you the first time you told me I didn’t read or comprehend- I responded to the thread if you actually look at the post. You assumed because my comment was under yours that I did, but I did not quote you. Sounds like a focus/confusion/lack of comprehension on your part, not mine

Lol

I did not say Moeller steals talent. Just a different model. Should not be playing other public schools in Ohio and certainly not in the state tourney. What I am saying is that they are neither fish or fowl. They do some of things that the big time prep programs do but like to act like they are just like any other high school in Ohio. I am proposing that they just go all the way to the prep school route and quit pretending that they play by same set of rules that most publics in Ohio play by. Like I said earlier, it would be a cool option in SWO. Ed's could do it in NEO too.

You are a frickin loon. Go away' GBM

Not a Moe expert or even a fan but dont they usually have two D1 signees on the varsity?

Id venture to guess the better Moe teams of late would hold their own in a game against most prep teams in the country. Again, just my opinion.

Not a Moe expert or even a fan but dont they usually have two D1 signees on the varsity?

Id venture to guess the better Moe teams of late would hold their own in a game against most prep teams in the country. Again, just my opinion.

They have at least 3 kids coming back who have D1 offers already.

I respect that. Go to the Flyin to the Hoop. Get a program and enjoy.

Have a good 4th of July.