2019 Eastern Buckeye Conference

from 10/10 18 -

I have listed my picks and the number of ppg each team is returning. All approximations.

1 Alliance Aviators (42.5 ppg returning)
2 West Branch (35.1ppg returning)
3 Canton South (33.7ppg returning)
4 Carrollton (30.8ppg returning)
5 Marlington (24.7ppg returning)
6 Minerva (17.1ppg returning)
7 Salem (15.6ppg returning)

If I actually watched more games I would know who had the better JV teams and the order would probably change.

this is the first I could find.

sometimes people just think you are mistaken. then you open your mouth and remove all doubt.

from 10/10 18 -

sometimes people just think you are mistaken. then you open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Not sure where your coming up with your numbers. Marlington played 1 senior and he pitched and mostly was the DH. Or maybe I'm misreading your post.

from 10/10 18 -

Originally Posted by hoopstar1988 View Post
I have listed my picks and the number of ppg each team is returning. All approximations.

1 Alliance Aviators (42.5 ppg returning)
2 West Branch (35.1ppg returning)
3 Canton South (33.7ppg returning)
4 Carrollton (30.8ppg returning)
5 Marlington (24.7ppg returning)
6 Minerva (17.1ppg returning)
7 Salem (15.6ppg returning)

If I actually watched more games I would know who had the better JV teams and the order would probably change

Not sure I'm understanding what your saying. For one Marlington only played 1 senior on a regular basis. He pitched and mostly was the DH.

Lol coming from a guy that makes his first post on an ebc thread literally after the entire year of sports is over?! The ebc football thread was busy all year bud..unfortunately people don’t really talk much baseball on here anyway but there are quite a few of EBC backers on here..lol they can keep the Louisville posters on their own thread tho

Great point. EBC posters are very active and Minerva has it's own thread so the 0-40 drama doesn't highjack every other EBC tread.

As far as baseball goes most of the best players in the league were very young and next years will feature some big time players..

There are only 2 seniors named to the 1st team and 4 on 2nd team. So the top 20 player in the EBC- only 6 seniors. The league should be very good in 2020..

I have to say this selection process is so so political !
No way Bates from WB should not of received honors . How Wb had 2 freshman named is actually beyond me . Both are above average freshman level players , but there are more deserving players throughout the league.
When I saw these results it almost put me back in the hospital !!

I have to say this selection process is so so political !
No way Bates from WB should not of received honors . How Wb had 2 freshman named is actually beyond me . Both are above average freshman level players , but there are more deserving players throughout the league.
When I saw these results it almost put me back in the hospital !!

the politics for the old NBC and EBC has always been pretty crazy. I know Evan Hertel and Alex Kimble from Minerva were both Honorable Mention in the EBC yet 1st team all Easter District. Not that the last place team deserves 1st teamers but Hertel hit around 350..

agree, but kids have to be nominated by coaches before they get votes
Travesty that Noll was not renewed at South

agree, but kids have to be nominated by coaches before they get votes
Travesty that Noll was not renewed at South

Wow - that's shocking. I though South had a decent year, especially since I heard they lost some returning starters.. I wonder if a Bourquin is waiting in the wings?? Not necessarily a bad thing but a shame for Noll.

Look for an old coach to come back!!!!!!!!!

Truck are you referring to Rocky B? I know some of us Minerva folks had issues with him during that last year, but after learning about some of his personal issues and health issues during his last year in Minerva I hope he is healthy and can enjoy coaching. I didn't like the way that last year when but he was always respectful to me..

Truck are you referring to Rocky B? I know some of us Minerva folks had issues with him during that last year, but after learning about some of his personal issues and health issues during his last year in Minerva I hope he is healthy and can enjoy coaching. I didn't like the way that last year when but he was always respectful to me..

I never mentioned Rocky B. You did.

Rumors flying around marlington that Mike Farrell has resigned as the head baseball coach..no official word yet..but whoever takes over will have pretty much everyone back from the league champs from last year

Greg Travis is out as Minerva's coach after 1 year. He took and administration job at another school. He did a pretty good job with a team in a rebuilding phase. I don't think there is anyone they can turn to on the current staff, in fact I think they were all his guys so Minerva will probably be starting from scratch next year. Pretty late in the summer to find a coach now..

Greg Travis is out as Minerva's coach after 1 year. He took and administration job at another school. He did a pretty good job with a team in a rebuilding phase. I don't think there is anyone they can turn to on the current staff, in fact I think they were all his guys so Minerva will probably be starting from scratch next year. Pretty late in the summer to find a coach now..
Minerva can make it 3 ex-Canton South coaches in a row by hiring the now available Matt Noll.

Minerva can make it 3 ex-Canton South coaches in a row by hiring the now available Matt Noll.

My gosh truck - we can't seem to keep a coach. Not only is Travis gone but the entire staff will probably be gone too because they were all of his hires! So it's back to square one. I thought Travis did a pretty good job with a team with below average talent. As hard as I was on Bourquin in some posts, maybe that was a mistake. He won baseball games and the kids really did seemed to respect him. His 4 year run was the best in school history so I guess the proof is in the pudding. So he gave us 4 years and won more games than he lost. I haven't heard any noise about any coaching prospects but I am sure the search is on, at least I hope so.

Rumors flying around marlington that Mike Farrell has resigned as the head baseball coach..no official word yet..but whoever takes over will have pretty much everyone back from the league champs from last year
Coach Ferrell took the vice principal job and resigned the baseball coach. Asst. Coach Cody Jones was named as his replacement. Great job on the hiring. Coach Jones was the logical choice, he knows the boys and will do an excellent job. Good luck Cody.

Minerva named Troy Richeson as their head coach last week. Long time teacher at Minerva, was an assistant before Bourquin came. A younger guy that should bring a lot of energy in year 2 of a rebuilding phase. This is a good hire for the Lions and he won't be going anywhere..