Benedictine Basketball 2019

Horrible for high school fans and especially for Benedictine. I spoke to a Bengal friend of mine today and he confirmed the bad news. The word is he may not even start at ISA.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart

I have to side with the previous post. VASJ won game one at home in OT I'm pretty sure with Barba playing. He sat out the rematch at Bene and the Vikings had trouble with the guard oriented offense and speed of the Bengals and lost. He then played in the rubber match at regionals and the Vikings prevailed. He can score when he gets hot but is IMO a defensive liability.

Benedictine is all boys and Joe’s is all girls so I’m not sure how they were losing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are that goof with the Notre Dame jacket who likes to taunt kids. I know that it is you. You are pathetic and you would not challenge a MAN like that. What a coward.

Seems to me Bene is a D2 school talent wise - D1 is going to be rough for them. Also by the same token SVSM proved last year where they belong and having them in D2 is a joke. The Irish were the second best team in Ohio behind one of the best squads in the nation.

6th man from last year B.J. Busbee is gone too from what I hear....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to the schedule I've seen Buchtel opens up against Benedictine next year at Buchtel, before the Griffs head to Columbus to last years DII finalist Columbus South. So the Griffs get to test out their game against two former top D2 teams, that will be trying to make a dent in D1.

I see this as a transition year for Benny hoops. Div I is a whole lot harder, especially at the District level, and they will be breaking in a lot of new faces so to gauge progress I would not look at the record but how the team develops over the course of the year and what kind of juice they bring in what will likely be the Euclid District.

Congratulations to E. J. Buckner '20 for being inducted into the National Honor Society. Eric is the 4th member of the Benedictine basketball team that has been inducted into the NHS in the last three years. He joins Bryan Washington '18, Jerwon Thomas '18 and Rory Kilbane '19.
The accumulative GPA for the 2018-19 Bengals varsity basketball team was over 3.3. These young men were winners on the court and in the classroom. Great Job!

Last edited:
Except we (St Joe/VASJ) are still sponsored by the Marianists and in the original building.

Similar story w/ NDA, same building as the all girls school with those (in)famous SNDs running the shop. The CL in the name is pure window dressing to get some Cathedral Latin chumps to fork over $s...