New Balance Nationals Outdoors

Attached is the schedule for Day 1 containing Ohio athletes competing at the NBNO. Thursday (Day 1) consists of only Junior High & Freshman athletes.

I will be publishing these each day at the end of the day. A summary of each day's events & the schedule for the following day.

Attachments

• New Balance National Outdoor Championships - Ohio Athletes Schedule - 2019 - Day 1.pdf
    90.3 KB · Views: 51
No one loves our sport more than JAVMAN83.

I appreciate the kind words, but I think Craig Whitmore may have topped the cake on that one. Bill Schnier has some interesting stories about Craig's single-minded devotion. It really was quite something!

I appreciate the kind words, but I think Craig Whitmore may have topped the cake on that one. Bill Schnier has some interesting stories about Craig's single-minded devotion. It really was quite something!

I would agree with you on this one. I got to spent many hours working with him on his records presentation, many phone calls and pages of records on everything from the flap of a used envelope to paper napkins, whatever he could find to jot something down, from an invitational score to an amazing performance. He traveled all over to watch a track meet or a cross country invitational.

Day 1 Ohio athlete results at NBNO's today. See attached file.

Day 2 schedule will appear later tonight/early tomorrow.

Attachments

• New Balance National Outdoor Championships - 2019 - Ohio Athletes - Day 1 Results (Thur 13 June).pdf
    114 KB · Views: 77
As promised, Day 2 schedule attached. It's a busy day for Ohio athletes in Greensboro. Mostly Emerging Elites, but also a few championship events, and also a multi-eventer in Grace Frye.

Attachments

• New Balance National Outdoor Championships - Ohio Athletes Schedule - 2019 - Friday 14 June.pdf
    57.9 KB · Views: 48
We have a new sub-14 second girl hurdler in Ohio! Kerrigan Myers (Galion) just ran 13.98 (+1.8) to win the 1st heat of the Girls 100mH Emerging Elite. Me thinks she has emerged!

Two athletes I will be watching today are Rodney Heath of Lakota East who has a legal 10.81 to his credit tied for 11th on the all time top 25 for Cincinnati District Schools runners in the 100 meter dash and Danni Stoughton of Lakota East who sits 17th on the 400m list for girls at 56.69. Will they move up on the lists?

Two athletes I will be watching today are Rodney Heath of Lakota East who has a legal 10.81 to his credit tied for 11th on the all time top 25 for Cincinnati District Schools runners in the 100 meter dash and Danni Stoughton of Lakota East who sits 17th on the 400m list for girls at 56.69. Will they move up on the lists?

Unfortunately, Rodney was a DNS in his heat of the 100m

The specific reason Kaylyn went to MSU was to get a qualifying time for NBNO which she did. Coach Health also told me it was after they won the Indoor State title that he decided to take girls to the NBNO.

There's been some type of delay in the meet schedule running event-wise. Not sure as I was away from the screen, but definitely over an hour behind now.

We have a new sub-14 second girl hurdler in Ohio! Kerrigan Myers (Galion) just ran 13.98 (+1.8) to win the 1st heat of the Girls 100mH Emerging Elite. Me thinks she has emerged!

Myers does it again with a new PR of 13.94 (+1.2) for 3rd place in the final!
C-J's Jazmyn Potts gets 5th with her new PR of 14.04!

Observation based on today's experience with www.FlashResults.com:

They've had a number of screw-ups in data presentation in "real-time". The first flight of the boys hammer EE this morning was all fouled-up in distances presented. For awhile there I thought we had 2 new additions to the all-time top 50 list only to find that the whole flight's results got lowered down significantly. Huge problems.

Now the girls' heptathlon, of which I'm tracking Grace Frye's performance, has the total points/placings all wrong because it's not including the first even, the 100mH. We'll see how long this takes to straighten out.

Here's one vote for Finishtiming.com to take over the NBNO!

He doesnt do splits, which is one of the major pluses to Flash Results.

I get that. But what good are splits if you can't get basic results correct? Hep scores are completely missing the 100mH. The wind from heat 1 of the hep, of which Frye was a part of, are missing. Who's to say that the split aren't messed up?

East girls made it. Danni gets 27th with a 57.58. Tough to run after being in a car for 9 hours enroute to Greensboro

Last edited:
He doesnt do splits, which is one of the major pluses to Flash Results.

If you’re referring to Mike, he most certainly does do splits. It’s a premium service for sure and he doesn’t do it often, but he had them for the state meet after each race.

If you’re referring to Mike, he most certainly does do splits. It’s a premium service for sure and he doesn’t do it often, but he had them for the state meet after each race.

I should have specified relay splits. I have no doubt he CAN do them like Flash, but he doesnt.

I should have specified relay splits. I have no doubt he CAN do them like Flash, but he doesnt.

Ah, I see.

You get what you pay for. If NSAF and New Balance were to come to him and say they wanted him to time the meet and they wanted relay splits, and were willing to pay for that service, I’m sure he would oblige.

Link to full results

Results of some of the other Ohio athletes. There are more but I'll leave posting of those up to someone with more ambition than me.

Canfield's Giovanni Copploe was 13th in the 5000 at 14:51.26

Hudson's Adam Beucler was a DNS in the 5000

Creek's Savannah Roark was 16th in the 5000 at 17:31.88

Centerville's Kerri Walsh was 35th in the 5000 at 18:15.05

Greenon's Sean Glaze was 2nd in the 3000 RW at 13:40.82

Twinsburg girls were 4th in the Swedish Relay at 2:12.87

Creek's Taylor Ewert is not participating at NBON and I assume that is because she is prepping for the 10000 RW at the USATF juniors in a few weeks.

Today is also the Brooks PR in Seattle but I don't think that any athletes from Ohio are participating.

Turpin's Samantha Bush did qualify for the Brooks PR meet with her win on March 30th at the Adidas Raleigh Relays in 4:52. 82 which served as a qualifier to go to Boston today.

In the 100m girls qualifying rounds, neither Clark nor Heath made it to the finals.

Clark got 11.73 for 5th in heat 1 out of lane 3
Heath got 11.78 for 3rd in heat 4 out of lane 6

Whoever is doing the music selection for this meet needs to seriously listen to the lyrics. I just heard Rick James "Superfreak" in the background of the PA announcer. Seriously, broadcasting that kind of crap to a HS crowd with parents & kids there?

Day 2 Ohio Results attached. I apologize for not getting this finished last night or earlier this morning. Am following today's results and will produce later this evening.

Attachments

• New Balance National Outdoor Championships - 2019 - Ohio Athletes - Day 2 Results (Fri 14 June).pdf
    157 KB · Views: 38
Yariel Soto is serious about defending his national decathlon! He just popped a maximum wind-allowable (+2.0 mps) 24' 3 1/2" PR long jump!