Pac 2019

If my read of the new enrollment numbers are right, Manchester is the second smallest school in the PAC and one of the smallest in DV.

If my read of the new enrollment numbers are right, Manchester is the second smallest school in the PAC and one of the smallest in DV.

TC, no surprise there. However, they have picked up two BIG linemen this year. One sat out last year and the other will be a Freshman. Numbers are always low at Manchester. Lots of thoughts as to why.

who are these two linemen ?? there are no 9th graders ready to play varsity football at MHS

shelly, I didn't say they were ready. I said they are playing. The Junior played his Freshman year, but didn't want to play last year. The other is a Freshman. Considering what they lost on the line and overall, I'm sure the Junior will gets lots of playing time. The Freshman? Who knows?

With all the graduating football players from this year at Manchester I was really shocked only one of them got athletic money from their perspective college. One wrestler a full athletic tuition and one football player a full athletic tuition and that’s it. No baseball, tennis, soccer, golf or track that I know of. I know there should be at least one more next year in football

Last edited:
With all the graduating football players from this year at Manchester I was really shocked only one of them got athletic money from their perspective college. One wrestler a full athletic tuition and one football player a full athletic tuition and that’s it. No baseball, tennis, soccer, golf or track that I know of. I know there should be at least one more next year in football

No surprise. Only 2 football players playing at the next level. Hettich at Ashland and Johnson at Baldwin Wallace. Johnson was all baseball until the first of the year and he decided he wanted to play football. Late decision that hurt his chances at $$. Pajlich is playing baseball at Lake Erie. A lot of them are not going to college.

TC, no surprise there. However, they have picked up two BIG linemen this year. One sat out last year and the other will be a Freshman. Numbers are always low at Manchester. Lots of thoughts as to why.

I've wondered about the declining numbers, especially at a school with such a winning tradition. I know overall enrollment is down, but the ratio of boys playing football also seems to be off. Soccer now takes some of those kids, but I think that program is valuable and provides an outlet for students who otherwise might not play a sport. I know when I was in school it was not uncommon for 20% to 30% of the boys from each class to participate in football. Maybe there are just other options for these boys, or maybe it's parental decision? Not sure.

I've wondered about the declining numbers, especially at a school with such a winning tradition. I know overall enrollment is down, but the ratio of boys playing football also seems to be off. Soccer now takes some of those kids, but I think that program is valuable and provides an outlet for students who otherwise might not play a sport. I know when I was in school it was not uncommon for 20% to 30% of the boys from each class to participate in football. Maybe there are just other options for these boys, or maybe it's parental decision? Not sure.

It's a little early to start this conversation, but you are correct. The parents have a lot to do with it.

In no particular order

Orville- really depends if Parks stays or able to play
NW- Mick Transfer is huge, however it wasn't the QB who held them back the last few years.
CVCA- There is no replacing Tre Tucker but this a tough, gritty group of seniors that aren't afraid of anyone
Manchester- Hard to bet against these guys, They have 2 of the best players in the league. If they get some QB and line play look out.

Probably Loudenville as well. Those kids play tough, hard nosed football.

In no particular order

Orville- really depends if Parks stays or able to play
NW- Mick Transfer is huge, however it wasn't the QB who held them back the last few years.
CVCA- There is no replacing Tre Tucker but this a tough, gritty group of seniors that aren't afraid of anyone
Manchester- Hard to bet against these guys, They have 2 of the best players in the league. If they get some QB and line play look out.

Probably Loudenville as well. Those kids play tough, hard nosed football.
Parks is going NOWHERE and will be playing!

Manchester and Tuslaw will be the only PAC schools in D5 R17 in the season ahead. Orrville will be in R18. Triway and Northwest will be in D4 R14. Fairless and CVCA will be in D4 R13. Loudonville will be D6 R22.

I think the PAC has a good shot at getting five schools, and possibly six into the postseason. It will require a very good showing in the out-of-conference portion of the schedule. I think Manchester, Orrville, CVCA, Northwest, and Loudonville make it in. I think those schools all compete for the PAC championship, too. There's usually always a wild card in there. Triway would be my best guess in that category. Last year, even though it produced the eventual state champ in D5, R17 was considered the weakest region in the division. This year it may be the strongest. In addition to Manchester, Kirtland moves down into the region. Canton Central Catholic, South Range, and Columbiana Crestview remain in the region. Bellaire and Martins Ferry are additions, as well. D5 R17 will be a meatgrinder.

PAC OOC games

Who has the toughest OOC to start the season?

CVCA has a road game at VASJ, home vs Aurora and on the road at Revere. That's probably the toughest 3 games that the Royals has ever started the season against.

It's official: Ethan Wright has committed to Duke. Good choice for him. Excellent academics, and a chance to play early.

With rumors churning that both Manchester and CVCA may be looking to be on the move out of the PAC, are there any contingency plans in place to fill their clots if they do leave? Hate to see PAC break up, the league has really started to come on strong

With rumors churning that both Manchester and CVCA may be looking to be on the move out of the PAC, are there any contingency plans in place to fill their clots if they do leave? Hate to see PAC break up, the league has really started to come on strong

bo, rumor has it that France will be retiring after this year to coincide with Wright graduating early. The decision to leave has been tabled, for now. Rumor has it the new regime will be in on the decision.

I know regarding the I.V.C anyway they are supposed to add Harrison Central for the LG div and bringing back c.c for only football

Why would a new football coach decide what league is best for the entire district ? I would think the AD would play a major role in that type of decision