St. Edward 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
trains??

That's a shame. It would be at a MUCH nicer venue if they could/would play it at the Vet. Prep's field is terrible for seating with no visitors bleachers and the VERY annoying loud trains that come through during the game right behind the visitors bench. Ed's handled Prep last year and I expect the same again this coming year. Assuming it is still a scheduled game, and unless something changes, I would rather go see Ignatius vs. Hoban instead of Ed's at Prep.

Didn't ed's old home field have trains going through???????

I actually saw a game there at St. Ed’s. (Cathedral Latin vs. Struthers)
Ancient history here.

Don’t remember trains but it was a miserable night for football.
Supposedly 5k at the game that night but that figure could be inflated.

I think I read that St. Ed’s occasionally plays at that field. At least that’s what I read.

That's a shame. It would be at a MUCH nicer venue if they could/would play it at the Vet. Prep's field is terrible for seating with no visitors bleachers and the VERY annoying loud trains that come through during the game right behind the visitors bench. Ed's handled Prep last year and I expect the same again this coming year. Assuming it is still a scheduled game, and unless something changes, I would rather go see Ignatius vs. Hoban instead of Ed's at Prep.

I've been there and toured the facilities. It a great /quaint stadium. The RR tracks add to the ambiance. If you are the visiting team it sucks, but the building and that little inside lounge area is great when it gets cold. They did the best they could do with the land area provided.

I've been there and toured the facilities. It a great /quaint stadium. The RR tracks add to the ambiance. If you are the visiting team it sucks, but the building and that little inside lounge area is great when it gets cold. They did the best they could do with the land area provided.

I would agree with you about the indoor concession stand/lounge. That is very nice and excellent on the cold night games. And yes for where they just plopped a HS Football field in the middle of the city, it is decent. But not really where you want to play any big games or playoff games.

Plenty of trains passed thru those tracks just north of the Eagles' home stands behind the school. As a Lakewood native and living a block south of the RR tracks, you could keep time by those trains in the 60's and '70s.

Go Eagles!

There used to be two tracks behind St. Edward, and a lot more trains. With just the one track now there are not as many and not as fast it seems.

That Sept 6th date is now open on the Hudl page which the coaches are pretty good about keeping updated. It did previously show Euclid.

https://www.hudl.com/team/v2/6365/Boys-Varsity-Football/schedule

Also of note, looks like they added an early Aug McKinley scrimmage on there.. since last I checked at least.

Team schedule on this graphic is slightly different. Looks like Cass Tech back, taking that week two spot Euclid bailed on. Also doesn’t have the Canada team listed late in the year though too.

https://twitter.com/end2008/status/1128355891529625600?s=21

D6i5oVDX4AEYWl3.jpg

Last edited:
Medina Highland. Lombardo can finally play in the stadium they built as he left to come guide the Eagles.

Also the tenth game is the Canada team that is on the Hudl schedule, that image is just missing it for some reason. Should fit in the open weekend they show in Oct.

So you like to cherry pick your bodies of work. There are many schools in all divisions that can point to a specific decade of dominance and leave it right there. St. Ed has been very good over the last 10 years. I would argue that Colerain, Moeller, St. Ignatius and others in the lower divisions have been very good for an even longer period of time. So what is the point that you are trying to make? GBM

So you like to cherry pick your bodies of work. There are many schools in all divisions that can point to a specific decade of dominance and leave it right there. St. Ed has been very good over the last 10 years. I would argue that Colerain, Moeller, St. Ignatius and others in the lower divisions have been very good for an even longer period of time. So what is the point that you are trying to make? GBM

Looks to me like a St. Edward fan posting a link to something praising St. Edward’s accomplishments in a St. Edward thread. He didn’t claim to be making any point or claim that it was his body of work. Other than being a d-bag, what is the point of your response to it?

Woah now.... Lighten Up, Francis..

It was a new report from MaxPreps, released yesterday. I didn't create the report, so sure you have valid arguments on longer history/bodies of work. BUT, it was new and felt like it was maybe of relevance to this thread, since it is a thread about St. Eds.

Congrats to Brian Kilbane on his recent commitment to Bowling Green. Both he and Ronan Chambers should make nice bookends for the Eagles this fall. And speaking of Chambers, he was offered by Akron despite missing all last year with an injury. Former Ignatius signal-caller Tom Arth takes over as head coach for the Zips this year.

Congrats to Brian Kilbane on his recent commitment to Bowling Green. Both he and Ronan Chambers should make nice bookends for the Eagles this fall. And speaking of Chambers, he was offered by Akron despite missing all last year with an injury. Former Ignatius signal-caller Tom Arth takes over as head coach for the Zips this year.

Sounds like BG likes Brian as an interior guy, wonder if he'll move inside at all for Eds this fall..?

Ronan should add a couple more once teams see the film in Aug/Sept that he's healthy too. Arth making that move early was smart though (know I'm bias), trusting his relationships in the area. Arth's OL Coach (Zagorski) is an NEO guy too, went to Benedictine and was former OL/OC at John Carroll under Arth. Know he is responsible on their staff for recruiting the NEO area.

Sounds like BG likes Brian as an interior guy, wonder if he'll move inside at all for Eds this fall..?

Ronan should add a couple more once teams see the film in Aug/Sept that he's healthy too. Arth making that move early was smart though (know I'm bias), trusting his relationships in the area. Arth's OL Coach (Zagorski) is an NEO guy too, went to Benedictine and was former OL/OC at John Carroll under Arth. Know he is responsible on their staff for recruiting the NEO area.

He's almost certainly an interior guy at the next level, but I see no reason we wouldn't keep him at tackle after how he performed there last year. Either way, I trust Scanlon to put his best five out there in the right positions to make this offense go.

He's almost certainly an interior guy at the next level, but I see no reason we wouldn't keep him at tackle after how he performed there last year. Either way, I trust Scanlon to put his best five out there in the right positions to make this offense go.

Definitely agree; you're right coach will have them in the best spot to make the O go.. Had just heard some whispers it might come up and be a spot of preference for Brian.

Stopped up at practice the other night, really looking forward to the season. Lot of talent back.

Definitely agree; you're right coach will have them in the best spot to make the O go.. Had just heard some whispers it might come up and be a spot of preference for Brian.

Stopped up at practice the other night, really looking forward to the season. Lot of talent back.

From that Talk Back Fans interviews (which seems to have been lost in the transition to the new forum), it was indicated that the tackle and center positions were solidified and that they would be breaking in some new guards. My early guesses for those spots would be junior Chris Moran and senior Nate Stuart. It was interesting to hear Lombo talk about what he perceived to be a lack of depth of bigs, not just at Ed's, but seemingly across the football landscape these days.

I also took from the interviews that O'Malley has the inside edge at QB going into camps, which would make sense given his senior status and having gotten varsity action last year.

From that Talk Back Fans interviews (which seems to have been lost in the transition to the new forum), it was indicated that the tackle and center positions were solidified and that they would be breaking in some new guards. My early guesses for those spots would be junior Chris Moran and senior Nate Stuart. It was interesting to hear Lombo talk about what he perceived to be a lack of depth of bigs, not just at Ed's, but seemingly across the football landscape these days.

I also took from the interviews that O'Malley has the inside edge at QB going into camps, which would make sense given his senior status and having gotten varsity action last year.

Yea, definitely got the same sense you did. Thomas Aden is another I know is in the mix at OL fwiw, from what I could see at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.