Rumor

Rumbles around Fenwick today are saying Moss should be introduced sometime tomorrow as the new Head Coach at Fenwick.....

People you have to understand, the best coaches are set where they’re at or they don’t want to coach any more. They are done with the BS. The splineless have ruined many programs and don’t see it changing any time soon. I feel for the HS kids coming through. They’re getting cheated. Wish everyone the best !

Now we will see the Fenwick vision of "transformational"

transformational = recruiting

I played a year ahead of Pat Kreke at Badin as he came off the bench for the Rams his junior year and was a fine point guard senior year, worked 3 years with Pat when he taught and coached at St. Bernard, and Pat was always very much dedicated to coaching the kids who came to Fenwick and get the most out of them---sad this is what has become of Fenwick's pursuit of "success" in basketball. Pat did pretty damn well with what the Falcons had come through the doors for 30 years.

I'm sure Pat is not done coaching at 62--I'm jumping back in the HS bball game after 10 years watching my last two boys finish at Mason and begin their coaching careers---Pat will help another school immensely!:banana:

transformational = recruiting

I played a year ahead of Pat Kreke at Badin as he came off the bench for the Rams his junior year and was a fine point guard senior year, worked 3 years with Pat when he taught and coached at St. Bernard, and Pat was always very much dedicated to coaching the kids who came to Fenwick and get the most out of them---sad this is what has become of Fenwick's pursuit of "success" in basketball. Pat did pretty damn well with what the Falcons had come through the doors for 30 years.

I'm sure Pat is not done coaching at 62--I'm jumping back in the HS bball game after 10 years watching my last two boys finish at Mason and begin their coaching careers---Pat will help another school immensely!:banana:

Where are you going to be coaching at?

Congrats to cometcountry on getting back into the profession!
Can someone explain just exactly what the term transformational means with regard to the coaching profession? Is it a spiritual thing? I am not able to understand what the administration was looking for in letting Coach Kreke walk?

I have read all the posts and I have to believe most were written in a facetious manner. Certainly no one can expect HS athletics to come down to equal playing time for all involved. Is it catering to complaining parents?
I have read the bio of the new coach on the MUH webpage and he sounds like an impressive person but it would be difficult to find many more impressive people than Coach Kreke. Just a strange situation.

:party:
Congrats to cometcountry on getting back into the profession!
Can someone explain just exactly what the term transformational means with regard to the coaching profession? Is it a spiritual thing? I am not able to understand what the administration was looking for in letting Coach Kreke walk?

I have read all the posts and I have to believe most were written in a facetious manner. Certainly no one can expect HS athletics to come down to equal playing time for all involved. Is it catering to complaining parents?
I have read the bio of the new coach on the MUH webpage and he sounds like an impressive person but it would be difficult to find many more impressive people than Coach Kreke. Just a strange situation.

Lot of the comments were facetious with some underlying truth. I asked AD and principal what transformational meant and I never received an answer that I could understand. That leads me to believe that it is either a coach who coaches to please the parents or it is a coach that is going to bring new students to Fenwick (as in recruit). I have stated several times that Coach Kreke would love to have better talent, but he would never recruit players to the school simply to play basketball. To do so would be going against the old "Fenwick Mentality." If transformational is truly recruiting, then there are going to be a lot of traditional Fenwick families unhappy (can anyone say Deer Park?). Guess we will have to see if there are any transfers next fall.

Transformational Coaches Teach
Family, Faith Friends
Teamwork
Personal Excellence
Discipline
Dedication
Focus
Organization
Leadership
Skills that prepare you for the game of life
More interested in the process than the result
The journey is the reward
That failing to prepare is preparing to fail
Confidence comes from being prepared
Earn the right to be confident

WOODEN

Transformational Coaches Teach
Family, Faith Friends
Teamwork
Personal Excellence
Discipline
Dedication
Focus
Organization
Leadership
Skills that prepare you for the game of life
More interested in the process than the result
The journey is the reward
That failing to prepare is preparing to fail
Confidence comes from being prepared
Earn the right to be confident

WOODEN

Welp... pretty sure Coach Kreke did every one of those and won.

Welp... pretty sure Coach Kreke did every one of those and won.

Yep,, and Rossi before him.
61 years of winning Basketball (1958-2019 )
784 Wins
Two State Championships
Elite 8 appearances
Sweet 16 appearances
League Championships in the SOC,MID MIAMI LEAGUE, AND THE GCL

High Bar Indeed!

And one last comment.
Kreke and Rossi set the standard that AD Coleman and his new transformational coach must meet.
K & R were winners on an off the floor.I thank them both for devoting their lives to catholic education & History will reflect how poorly PK has been treated by the very school he served so unselfishly.

Gonna be a "volunteer assistant" at Oak Hills at the varsity level/JV level--have known Mike for many years and he gave me a chance to get back on the bench--should be fun!

Good luck, Coach. I hope that you do have fun. Hopefully, this will not effect the amount of quality information that you put out. Lol lol

Good luck, Coach. I hope that you do have fun. Hopefully, this will not effect the amount of quality information that you put out. Lol lol

Thanks Hardcorps--I'll have to dial it back a bit during basketball season LOL, but I'll be glad to do whatever for Coach Price and his team.:banana:

"Transformational" is the new PC word out there in education; kind of like "collaborative". Essentially it means - no yelling, positive reinforcement only, avoid conflict that goes higher than the coach, wins/losses don't matter, etc,

Of course, don't win and your gone too. You will see "transformational" in conjunction with "educational based athletics" as well. The intention of not focusing on wins/losses is all well and good; but once again, lose and your gone.

The monster being created is lack of accountability and responsibility. No longer is the focus on equal opportunity - the focus is on equal outcomes for people (regardless of any effort that they put in)

Bingo again ! And unless you have a fairly loaded team ,we will continue to watch bad athletic teams all over the place. Sad thing is , many players don’t no this shouldn’t be the norm throughout their athletic careers.

New Coach Kelven Moss

Wishing Coach Moss the best! Not a doubt in my mind that Pat Kreke will do the same.

Unsolicited advice was given to me many years ago by
by a wise man. Unsolicited I will share with you.

Be careful what you wish for.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

This is not the Middletown Fenwick that I knew and loved!
Family is no longer the foundation the school still proudly proclaims. Ask Pat Kreke.

Fenwick is a private school. Families and kids that are familiar with Moss may see fenwick as an option. Im not saying he will purposely recruit but he is well known in the Middletown/Hamilton area.

So i guess you are speaking in code now... but my question is what's the difference between Fenwick and all other GCL or parochial schools.. all others recruit... that's what private schools do... that, I can guarantee you, if they didn't their sports programs would suck... for all of you on this post two things and we dont ever have to talk about this again... Coach Moss is a family man who believes in education first... his basketball acumen is greater than anyone on this list (I guarantee)... if not why didn't you apply for the job... also if you really want to know how he is off the court - go find ANY one of his former athletes... enough said ...Let's Go Coach Moss... Good luck and let the haters hate.....My name is Alfred Milton and I approve this message.....