2019 Eastern Buckeye Conference

Congrats to Coach Travis on his first league win as a head coach. The Lion's played error free baseball for a 7-5 win over Canton South. Solid pitching, good defense and another 3 run homer by Charlie Bolanz. The coaches have this team getting better every game and that's all you can ask.

WB over Carrolton last night in 5. 17-4

Nice relaxing win for WB. Marlington has a big one with Alliance today. WB is right in the thick of the race. They are young and will continue to improve. Plus Salem is playing good baseball. This will be a tight race all year. The 1st year of the EBC is going to be fun.

WB takes game 2 over Carrolton 17 -2. The Freshman Conrad was impressive this evening.
Nice win for the Dukes. Congrats.

South 8
Minerva 4

Stayed home to watch JV game- very impressive freshman pitcher in that game for Minerva. Also the team looked good overall. I heard the varsity had a really bad inning throwing the ball around and South played a pretty good game. Anyone see that game?
I think South is very young and building for a pretty good future. Also, Philippi is definitely on of the top players in the area.

Marlington swept Alliance for a couple of big wins. I thought this was Alliance's year, they are still in it but have but will need help.

Looking forward to the WB/Alliance match up. It will be fun to watch and Cunningham/Bruni match up.. Hopefully that happens.

Cunningham vs. Bruni
Bruni vs. Cunningham
Wow just think if Marlington had some pitchers they might of contented for the EBC title!!
Oh wait, nevermind.

Cunningham vs. Bruni
Bruni vs. Cunningham
Wow just think if Marlington had some pitchers they might of contented for the EBC title!!
Oh wait, nevermind.

I think everyone is playing for 2nd place now Wildcat and probably will be in 2020 too since everything I am hearing is that they are a young team! The Dukes seem to be poised to run away with this thing. They do have a big match up with Salem left who is playing good baseball. If Salem keeps playing well those will be huge games for both teams, especially Salem who isn't known for being a baseball school.

I was wrong in my preseason prediction, I thought Alliance had enough returning from a really good team to be the frontrunner.. And I thought their pitching was going to be solid with Bruni and Heater..

I just think that match up with 2 sophomore lefties (Bruni/Cunningham) will be fun to watch.

I think everyone is playing for 2nd place now Wildcat and probably will be in 2020 too since everything I am hearing is that they are a young team! The Dukes seem to be poised to run away with this thing. They do have a big match up with Salem left who is playing good baseball. If Salem keeps playing well those will be huge games for both teams, especially Salem who isn't known for being a baseball school.

I was wrong in my preseason prediction, I thought Alliance had enough returning from a really good team to be the frontrunner.. And I thought their pitching was going to be solid with Bruni and Heater..

I just think that match up with 2 sophomore lefties (Bruni/Cunningham) will be fun to watch.

I know and I agree I had just read the review article and it was I feel a little biased. Look at the box score,
Hits
Alliance 6
Marlington 5
Errors
Alliance 4
Marlington 4
The article read like Alliance should of won that errors cost them the game. Greiner pitched his off. In the 4th. Had a guy on 3rd.no outs with 3,4,5 coming up and got out of it. Next inning men on 1st. and 2nd. No outs greiner did the wheel play and they got the lead runner then doubled the kid going to second. It was perfect. So I thought the article was disappointing. Oh well Marlington has to continue taking care of business. I'm not taking anything away from Gavin hes a talent I've known him since he was 8. I just think Greiner could of got a little more love from the article. But that's Wildcat being Wildcat lol

I know and I agree I had just read the review article and it was I feel a little biased. Look at the box score,
Hits
Alliance 6
Marlington 5
Errors
Alliance 4
Marlington 4
The article read like Alliance should of won that errors cost them the game. Greiner pitched his off. In the 4th. Had a guy on 3rd.no outs with 3,4,5 coming up and got out of it. Next inning men on 1st. and 2nd. No outs greiner did the wheel play and they got the lead runner then doubled the kid going to second. It was perfect. So I thought the article was disappointing. Oh well Marlington has to continue taking care of business. I'm not taking anything away from Gavin hes a talent I've known him since he was 8. I just think Greiner could of got a little more love from the article. But that's Wildcat being Wildcat lol

When you beat Bruni the victory is earned, no matter what. He can pitch his way out of jams. Sweeping Alliance really put you in the driver's seat of the EBC. You only have Salem and Minerva left, right? Salem may be a handful and Minerva is getting better every week but I will be shocked if you don't take at least 3 out of 4.

When you beat Bruni the victory is earned, no matter what. He can pitch his way out of jams. Sweeping Alliance really put you in the driver's seat of the EBC. You only have Salem and Minerva left, right? Salem may be a handful and Minerva is getting better every week but I will be shocked if you don't take at least 3 out of 4.

Yea just those two left.

Salem 4
Minerva 1

Minerva's pitcher, Sophomore Evan Barnes pitched a good game for Minerva. But Salem is a quality team, good hitting, good defense and good pitching. Very impressed by Salem, they made all of the plays and got key hits when they needed it. Also, Salem pitching gave up 0 walks in 2 games.. Very impressive.

Question for West Branch fans, has their ace been over used? He seems to be struggling some. I thought several weeks ago he seemed to be pitching 2 times a week for considerable innings. I hope he is ok. What a shame if he has a tired arm.

My opinion, Yes WB has over used its #1. Generally pitched Tues/Sat for most of the year with higher pitch counts. Velocity has dropped off. Poland teed off on him. Batted all 9 in the 1st inning. Hit nothing but ropes. He lasted 2 innings (about 60 pitches). WB lost the game 14-1. Worst game they played all year. Whole team looked like they didn't want to be there.

My opinion, Yes WB has over used its #1. Generally pitched Tues/Sat for most of the year with higher pitch counts. Velocity has dropped off. Poland teed off on him. Batted all 9 in the 1st inning. Hit nothing but ropes. He lasted 2 innings (about 60 pitches). WB lost the game 14-1. Worst game they played all year. Whole team looked like they didn't want to be there.

It's a shame hes been over used. I predicted this a month ago when he was throwing 90+ pitches twice a week in very cold conditions. As far as overall play its baseball and sometimes the team you know just doesn't show up.
Damn the kids only a sophomore and being over used. Shame on the coach. My opinion your ace shouldn't be throwing non league games. Anyway I hope he bounces back. He needs shut down for a week or so. I hate to say it but it's not like there in the league chase I believe. The weather doesn't look promising this week anyways. Marlington has Salem this week and a split locks up the title. Hope they get them in.

It's a shame hes been over used. I predicted this a month ago when he was throwing 90+ pitches twice a week in very cold conditions. As far as overall play its baseball and sometimes the team you know just doesn't show up.
Damn the kids only a sophomore and being over used. Shame on the coach. My opinion your ace shouldn't be throwing non league games. Anyway I hope he bounces back. He needs shut down for a week or so. I hate to say it but it's not like there in the league chase I believe. The weather doesn't look promising this week anyways. Marlington has Salem this week and a split locks up the title. Hope they get them in.

That happened in Minerva the last 2 years with our Ace. He was throwing over 100 pitches per game early in the season an by the end of the year his velocity was down breaking pitch wasn't as sharp. This year we are pitch all kids of kids and it looks good for the future.

I hope they protect the kid at WB. As far as the team playing a bad game, WB is really young and inexperience and this part of the season is a grind. I think they are on the right path as long as they develop pitching.

Marlington 14
Salem 1
Marlington goes deep 3 times. Greiner, Mudrick and Pucci

Wow. I thought Marlington would be favored but to beat Salem 14-1?? That's a good baseball them they beat like that. Those 3 that went deep at all junior aren't they??

Wow. I thought Marlington would be favored but to beat Salem 14-1?? That's a good baseball them they beat like that. Those 3 that went deep at all junior aren't they??

Yea all juniors. Marlington only starts 1 senior and for the most part he DH's and pitches in relief. They start 2 freshmen 1 sophomore and 6 juniors most the time. Was so happy for senior Jake Fox yesterday his first at bat on the year and singled to right. New leader in the dugout 1 for 1 batting 1000. Way to go Jake. Great kid. Even being a senior hes usually the first one to have foul balls. Always positive in the dugout, great teammate.
Tonight is big for the Dukes, a win gives them at least a share of the title. Greiner on the mound. I believe Alliance has to finish 3 and 0 to share, Marlington would have to loose 2 of three. Salem tonight and Minerva next week.
Followed W.B and Alliance on game changer last night what a good pitchers duel. Cunningham and Bruni were both very good. WB made it interesting in the 7th. But stranded 2 men on. Great game.