Cavs 2018-19

Any of the top four will help but much more is needed for sure.

I agree and tend to think that the plan is to tank next year as well. Having 3 straight lottery picks along Nance, Cedi and company will be the core of this team in 2 years.

Woo, Phoenix won last night so the Cavs and Suns are now tied for second worst record.

Good news is the Cavs final two games are against two very motivated teams. The Spurs are jockeying with OKC and LAC to get out of that 8 spot in the West, and the Hornets are a game back of the playoffs in the East.

Come on Cavs! Lose the final 2 games!

Also, Sexton continues to look like a solid offensive weapon for the future. I definitely think he's a 2 guard and not a point though. I hope they don't shy away from Morant just because they've got Sexton

The Cavs now play at a field house,what people do for money.Half this roster needs to be gone next season,the NBA is being run by the players and its just a matter of time...BAM!

My son punished me by getting me tickets for the last game of the season.
It was fan appreciation night. I felt much appreciated by having Flo Rida scream into a microphone for a halftime show.

I keep hearing how Larry Drew is a great developmental coach. Apparently, teaching defense is not "developmental." The team has a bunch of players that should be on NBA rosters. Unfortunately, 90 percent of them are players that should be the 9th to 12th players on rosters.

Woo, Phoenix won last night so the Cavs and Suns are now tied for second worst record.

Good news is the Cavs final two games are against two very motivated teams. The Spurs are jockeying with OKC and LAC to get out of that 8 spot in the West, and the Hornets are a game back of the playoffs in the East.

Come on Cavs! Lose the final 2 games!

Also, Sexton continues to look like a solid offensive weapon for the future. I definitely think he's a 2 guard and not a point though. I hope they don't shy away from Morant just because they've got Sexton

How can they defend against top NBA teams with both on the floor together ? Makes me think of Kyrie/Dion, and that prospect does nothing for me. They won't be THAT bad, but they'd still be very limited. They'd need 120 a game.

I think that Larry Drew carried out the plan for the season just about perfectly. They finished in the top 3 lottery and the young guys played and generally improved during the season. Not playing defense might be more about the overall lack of defense in the league and not just a Cavs issue.

How can they defend against top NBA teams with both on the floor together ? Makes me think of Kyrie/Dion, and that prospect does nothing for me. They won't be THAT bad, but they'd still be very limited. They'd need 120 a game.

You don’t pass on Morant if you think he’s the best available player just because you already have Sexton. Figure out what to do with Sexton later. He can be a spark plug off the bench on a playoff team, but he’ll never be a point guard for a contender. The Blazers passed on Jordan because they had Drexler. Don’t worry about positions in the top 3

This team needs talent much more than fit at this point.

I wouldn't be too worried about it any way, because with the idiot anti-tanking lottery tweaks that have been made they have about a 48% chance of picking 5th or 6th. There's only about a 40% chance they actually pick in the top-3 and get Zion, Morant or Barrett.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

In an oh chit situation where they slide all the way to 6th and miss on the top guys, I'd honestly want them to pick Jaxson Hayes. I'd probably take him over Redish too. It'll take a few years but I think he'll be at worst an elite rim protector and pick and roll defender. Huge ceiling with that length, frame and athleticism. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being one of the best guys in this draft.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I think that Larry Drew carried out the plan for the season just about perfectly. They finished in the top 3 lottery and the young guys played and generally improved during the season. Not playing defense might be more about the overall lack of defense in the league and not just a Cavs issue.

Yes defense overall is an issue in the NBA, but they were 28th out of 30 in team defense. As such, it was a Cavs issue.

Yes defense overall is an issue in the NBA, but they were 28th out of 30 in team defense. As such, it was a Cavs issue.

Defense is about 50% ability and 50% teamwork ... so it is not surprising that a very young inexperienced team with a lot of lineup changes would struggle on that end of the floor ... I just look at Osman, a real good athlete that had trouble defending many times this year, but could develop into a decent defender because of his athleticism ... much like Craig Ehlo did with the Cavs ... in fact that is who he reminds me of ... not great at any one thing, but good at multiple skills ... probably best coming off the bench and giving energy to the second unit.

To play defense in the NBA takes a lot of effort one on one so working as a team will make it happen,what coach out there will do that for the CAVS?

I get that they were a young team and young teams have trouble with team defense, but too many nights I tuned in to watch them and just saw awful individual technique and effort on defense. Sexton was the biggest offender.