New SW Ohio conference- Three Rivers Conference

Fort Loramie in all sports would be a great fit. Just like Brookville would've been. Neither school wanted that though.

If the weakest school (just going by everyone's assumption here) is one coming off of a playoff year, I think things are OK. I know some will say they were only good because of the NWCC, but kids that know how to win games is important. Maybe playing better competition will improve them. maybe these schools will bring bigger crowds, increasing excitement, and get more players out. who knows?

Is Northridge the only team that hasn't made the playoffs the last 3 years? That's pretty good! Even the MAC has it's Parkways!

Pretty sure the Riverside article stated a meeting on April 1. So maybe we'll know something later today or tomorrow?

Last edited:
3. Still not sure what Northridge was thinking basketball wise--they will win ever game by 25-30 points if they are half way decent.

Maybe a little recency bias here? This year, absolutely! East and Bethel have had some pretty good basketball teams though, and Northridge hasn't always been as good as they were this season.

Pretty sure Northridge saw a SWBL without Milton, Preble, and Dixie and jumped for the only life line they saw! They didn't want to be left playing Franklin, Bellbrook, etc every year in every sport! Basketball would be the ONLY sport they could compete.

Milton middle of the pack in the CCC? Really? Have you seen a Milton game before 2015? Before 2018?
The last few years at MU have been outside of the norm. Look back to Pearce’s last year coaching before he left. Lost to eventual state champion Clinton Massie in the 3rd round of the playoffs.
Troy Christian has been very good as has Lehman. You can’t cite the last year or two and judge a programs history on that.
With Pearce back I would bank on Milton being a formidable opponent to anyone. Miami East did pound MU last year. Congrats to them. But the history between the two has been very one-sided for MU. Covington is always and will always be very good.
Wish BigBuccFan was still around to comment.

Let me backtrack a little and reword my assessment of this conference........

...........From what I heard Fort Loramie will be a full independent, the new conference offered them to come, but made it for all sports or none. FL would not leave the Shelby County League. I don't blame them for that. However that does leave them with some long nights of travel for 10 game slate. I am sure trips to Indiana, West Virginia and even Kentucky will get old in a hurry.

Troy Christian was an independent the last few years and travel really was not all that bad. First, you typically only have 5 away games. My bet is most of the eight schools in this conference would be happy to schedule an OOC game with Loramie. Seriously doubt they have to look any further than the Cincinnati game they had this year.

One or two trips of a couple hours can be a great time to travel with another family or two and get involved with the team. Great team building event if structured properly.

One of my son's games we rented an RV and had 7 sets of parents ride to a game an hour and half away. We still talk about that when we see each other. Tailgate party on wheels.

Think Loramie will be just fine, and really other than Lehman volleyball, and Miami East Volleyball and Basketball, no girls programs can come close to challenging their girls teams, so it makes sense for them to stay put in the SCL.

Troy Christian was an independent the last few years and travel really was not all that bad. First, you typically only have 5 away games. My bet is most of the eight schools in this conference would be happy to schedule an OOC game with Loramie. Seriously doubt they have to look any further than the Cincinnati game they had this year.

One or two trips of a couple hours can be a great time to travel with another family or two and get involved with the team. Great team building event if structured properly.

One of my son's games we rented an RV and had 7 sets of parents ride to a game an hour and half away. We still talk about that when we see each other. Tailgate party on wheels.

Think Loramie will be just fine, and really other than Lehman volleyball, and Miami East Volleyball and Basketball, no girls programs can come close to challenging their girls teams, so it makes sense for them to stay put in the SCL.

I am taking that more after Lima Central Catholics schedule. THey go or have gone to Kentucky, indiana and michigan for games. I don't know if they are searching for better opponents. Weeks 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 are the ones you usually travel for.

I am not sure how many independents are left in small school ohio. Lucas, LCC, Crestline

I have a feeling that FL will land in a league. Splitting time in two conferences is tough. SCL only came into play for Basketball and spring sports. Correct?

I have a feeling that FL will land in a league. Splitting time in two conferences is tough. SCL only came into play for Basketball and spring sports. Correct?

from what i gathered was they wanted them to leave the SCL in all sports.

FL competes in all sports Volleyball, CC, boys golf, winter sports, spring sports. They weren't ready to leave that league for this one.

It would be interesting to see if the MAC would come calling what FL would do

I hear that the MAC doesn't want them. I know it took Versailles many years of trying to get accepted. Only when the SRC disbanded did the MAC jump on all of that tradition in Tiger-town.
Would be interesting to see if Parkway leaves that league if FL would be added. They make sense up there.
NWCC is always an option for them. Who in that league would be able to compete vs. them though?
FL needs to give up their pre-football mentality and join a league with ALL sports. Just my opinion for what it's worth.

I hear that the MAC doesn't want them. I know it took Versailles many years of trying to get accepted. Only when the SRC disbanded did the MAC jump on all of that tradition in Tiger-town.
Would be interesting to see if Parkway leaves that league if FL would be added. They make sense up there.
NWCC is always an option for them. Who in that league would be able to compete vs. them though?
FL needs to give up their pre-football mentality and join a league with ALL sports. Just my opinion for what it's worth.

If Parkway would bolt for the Northwest Conference, a Full member Fort Loramie would get an invitation immediately. Here's the thing, if that happens, I would also like to see Anna finally join for all sports as well and that'd make it so you can't blame one school for breaking up the SCAL.

If Parkway would bolt for the Northwest Conference, a Full member Fort Loramie would get an invitation immediately. Here's the thing, if that happens, I would also like to see Anna finally join for all sports as well and that'd make it so you can't blame one school for breaking up the SCAL.
Seems that the SCAL is powerful up there. Basketball league dictating to the MAC?
Anna and FL need to join for all sports in the MAC. Send Parkway to this league. They would compete well. I have a name for this league...

Southwestern Athletic-Academic Conference. SAAC. This stiff is fun and I don't believe there will be a league named after the CCC and SWBL.
Cross Buckeye Conference? Southwestern County Conference?:laugh:

3 threads is hard to follow!
I propose using this one to talk about the new league, keeping the SWBL one about the 10 remaining SWBL schools, and the CCC one about the CCC schools that joined with Preble and Dixie.

Dograt, any idea who will replace Miami East on the schedule once we move to the new conference? Who does MU open with now?

Dograt, any idea who will replace Miami East on the schedule once we move to the new conference? Who does MU open with now?

Maybe they can schedule some of their former rivals from the SWBL if they want to continue those rivalries. Preble Shawnee might be a good option too if they will be one of the favorites year in & out in the what is left of CCC that could get you some good harbin points if you win.

Agreed but travel to Camden and the lack of gate from Shawnee is a detractor. Brookville, Northwestern, Oakwood, Etc would work. Even Arcanum would but they don't want to play. Milton-Union from what I hear.
Shawnee is a good choice though if they bring a gate. Valley View, Carlisle would be good as well. They both bring gates and points.
This would be a great schedule for MU.
OAKWOOD
VALLEY VIEW
NORTHWESTERN
MIAMI EAST
RIVERSIDE
BETHEL (Homecoming)
NORTHRIDGE
LEHMAN
TROY CHRISTIAN
COVINGTON (imagine a big gate for the last game every year!)
That's a good balance of bigger and smaller schools. Not sure Pearce would like that one but you finish 8-2 she you're looking at a playoff game. Milton's AD has ties and I'm sure he will put together a great schedule.

Agreed but travel to Camden and the lack of gate from Shawnee is a detractor. Brookville, Northwestern, Oakwood, Etc would work. Even Arcanum would but they don't want to play. Milton-Union from what I hear.
Shawnee is a good choice though if they bring a gate. Valley View, Carlisle would be good as well. They both bring gates and points.
OAKWOOD
VALLEY VIEW
NORTHWESTERN
MIAMI EAST
RIVERSIDE
BETHEL (Homecoming)
NORTHRIDGE
LEHMAN
TROY CHRISTIAN
That's a good balance of bigger and smaller schools. Not sure Pearce would like that one but you finish 8-2 she you're looking at a playoff game. Milton's AD has ties and I'm sure he will put together a great schedule.

Pretty solid schedule. Even though PS is not a great drive don't forget how close the rest of the drives will be for the school. I have no idea what their gates are like. But for a less than ideal drive every other year it might be worth it so you can play in week 11.

OAKWOOD
VALLEY VIEW
NORTHWESTERN
MIAMI EAST
RIVERSIDE
BETHEL (Homecoming)
NORTHRIDGE
LEHMAN
TROY CHRISTIAN

The only problem I see with this is that with the SWBL now being a 10 team league. There will only be one OOC game for each school. I think Valley View will look to keep a game like Wilmington as their OOC game. Oakwood may be possible though. I believe Brookville will keep TCN as their one OOC game, it just makes sense.

The problem Milton might run into in scheduling out of conference games is the CCC and the SWBL are going to be 10 team leagues, which allows only one out of conference game. Unless they allow teams to skip one team in the league, which allows two out of conference games. Here are teams that Milton could target: Week 1- Preble Shawnee or Oakwood. Week 2- Versailles, Anna or West Jefferson. Week 3: Northwestern.

Forgot about the SWBL going to 9 league games. It could be a real quandary trying to fill week 2-3. I'm sure you'll see some teams you've never seen before on the schedule.
Might have to schedule a NWCC team or OHC team. Maybe a West Liberty or Greeneview. There are options but not with former SWBL teams. Shawnee or Oakwood might be good. Brookville won't give up that TCN game for Milton....ok. Actually Brookville and Milton aren't the rivals they used to be.
With SWBL teams only having 1 ooc game I'm sure they keep big gate games that week one. Oakwood might want to get Milton week one.
I think Northwestern stays on there for awhile.

How many OOC games does the MAC play? Might be able to pick up a game one of those weeks there. Or maybe an MVC team (Dayton Christian's league for football)? Travel isn't ideal though.

How many OOC games does the MAC play? Might be able to pick up a game one of those weeks there. Or maybe an MVC team (Dayton Christian's league for football)? Travel isn't ideal though.

The MAC plays 2 OOC games in weeks 1 & 2. Minster will keep FL as week 1, as long as FL wants to keep it. The last couple years Minster has played Covington in week 2. I am hoping they keep this one going for awhile as well.
Many MAC teams will bring a good crowd though. So, they may need to weigh their options with a tough game/possible loss with gate and concession revenues. Will need to schedule an easier game to have a better shot at playoffs?

Covington is also opening with St. Henry in week 1.

Minster/Covington week 2 is over next year. Milton and Covington actually play week 2 in 2020. That was set before this league stuff happened, now both will be looking for a week 2. maybe Minster/Covington can renew?

The problem Milton might run into in scheduling out of conference games is the CCC and the SWBL are going to be 10 team leagues, which allows only one out of conference game. Unless they allow teams to skip one team in the league, which allows two out of conference games. Here are teams that Milton could target: Week 1- Preble Shawnee or Oakwood. Week 2- Versailles, Anna or West Jefferson. Week 3: Northwestern.

Milton-Preble in week one would make alot of sense. Both will be the biggest or close to it in their new leagues. Its easy to see them both doing well and being worth alot of Harbins to the winner.

I see that now but that drive is murderous. No quick way to get to Camden. I would like to see Oakwood gone but that rivalry is a good one and the gate is good. The kids love playing Oakwood. We always did. Brookville would be nice but I also think Greeneview, Mechanicsburg, West Liberty or even West Jefferson would be a great match-up that the boys can get excited about. Kenton Ridge or I have always thought about Greenville again.

The MAC plays 2 OOC games in weeks 1 & 2. Minster will keep FL as week 1, as long as FL wants to keep it. The last couple years Minster has played Covington in week 2. I am hoping they keep this one going for awhile as well.
Many MAC teams will bring a good crowd though. So, they may need to weigh their options with a tough game/possible loss with gate and concession revenues. Will need to schedule an easier game to have a better shot at playoffs?

Covington is also opening with St. Henry in week 1.

Minster should get Milton on the schedule in the future. I think the Dogs are looking north going forward. The competition is better and the fan support is amazing. Minster is a class act and has very, very good facilities. It would be like playing Valley View from the SWBL.

So, This league is still very much in the early stages. I guess that the next question is how big will the league get and who will possibly join after the initial 8.
Could Ft Loramie come to their senses and join in all sports or maybe Parkway if they leave the MAC.
Could Brookville make the move or maybe W Liberty Salem? Any thoughts?

So, This league is still very much in the early stages. I guess that the next question is how big will the league get and who will possibly join after the initial 8.
Could Ft Loramie come to their senses and join in all sports or maybe Parkway if they leave the MAC.
Could Brookville make the move or maybe W Liberty Salem? Any thoughts?

Are you referring to Parkway leaving for this new league? Because that'd make no logistical sense at all. Brookville I have a feeling will eventually be in especially if something like Lehman closing would happen 10 years from now or something like that. West Liberty Salem would certainly be interesting.

I have a feeling Riverside will end up in the OHC at some point. Maybe swap Riverside and Lehman for Mechanicsburg and West Liberty - Salem?

Well one things for sure Milton Union is going to win like 18 state championships for sure in this new conference. I mean the way BlessEmAll talks about them they've been world beaters for years. I don't see how Covington and Miami East will compete with them. I heard they were going in the GWAC but Centerville and Wayne said no because they couldn't compete with the all powerful Bulldogs.

Well one things for sure Milton Union is going to win like 18 state championships for sure in this new conference. I mean the way BlessEmAll talks about them they've been world beaters for years. I don't see how Covington and Miami East will compete with them. I heard they were going in the GWAC but Centerville and Wayne said no because they couldn't compete with the all powerful Bulldogs.

Lord calm down.

Chill out, homegirl.

giphy.gif