Rumor

Parent dissatisfaction I heard??? They have no idea what it takes. They are about to learn a lesson! Great job Krek.

Truth

If parent dissatisfaction is a criteria for firing any Coach, the future of Sports @ the high school level is over. Firing a 29 year successful coach, will send a message to veteran coaches and young coaches alike that if that happened to Coach Kreke, why would I want to be @ Fenwick? This can't be the reason!

What were the parents dissatisfied about? They were 16-9 this year and made it to the sectional finals. Just wait until fenwick takes a step backwards in basketball now.

Man, this one hurts. What a great guy and coach.
If it was truly a parent that was behind it that is even worse. I hate to say this because working with kids is one of the best things and most rewarding things you can do, but what is the incentive to be a high school coach these days?

What were the parents dissatisfied about? They were 16-9 this year and made it to the sectional finals. Just wait until fenwick takes a step backwards in basketball now.

The whole thing is crap promoted by a useless Athletic Director. AD used a parent evaluation survey to gather disparaging remarks about Kreke. Yells at kids too much, yells at officials, doesn’t give playing time to enough kids, blah, blah, blah. AD too lazy to attend practices and games to do his own evaluation and would rather rely on a few dissatisfied parents. Didn’t even talk to players - gave them written survey also. AD been wanting to get rid of Kreke since he came to school 3 years ago. He did same thing to Rossi with girls basketball and look where he took his Franklin team this year.

Many more parents at Fenwick not happy with AD, but principal is ignoring how incompetent he has been. Not many coaches at Fenwick trust or believe in AD.

The whole thing is crap promoted by a useless Athletic Director. AD used a parent evaluation survey to gather disparaging remarks about Kreke. Yells at kids too much, yells at officials, doesn’t give playing time to enough kids, blah, blah, blah. AD too lazy to attend practices and games to do his own evaluation and would rather rely on a few dissatisfied parents. Didn’t even talk to players - gave them written survey also. AD been wanting to get rid of Kreke since he came to school 3 years ago. He did same thing to Rossi with girls basketball and look where he took his Franklin team this year.

Many more parents at Fenwick not happy with AD, but principal is ignoring how incompetent he has been. Not many coaches at Fenwick trust or believe in AD.

Admittedly, I did not see Fenwick play this year. In the past, he was class and professional.

Last edited:
So Athletic Director Mike Coleman fired Coach Kreke based on parental comments. Was the AD motivated to do this based on his attendance @ practices and games he attended? If not, then the wrong person was fired! AD-Three years @ Fenwick
Krek-Twenty Nine years @ Fenwick. Wow, Wow, Wow!
Looks to me like AD ought to hear from the silent majority whose sons played for CK & the students who attended this tradition rich program. That should be the measure of the man. Helicopter parents are running outstanding leaders from the coaching profession because of spineless administrators who don't have the guts to defend their coaches.
Who evaluates the evaluators?

Read the AD quote. I challenge him to find any coach who has provided more positive transformational experience than Coach K. Former players still stay in touch with him and love him. Even those who didn’t play much or at all will tell you how much they grew under his tutelage. Had 3 kids attend Fenwick over the past 15 years. Always thought I would recommend the school to anyone, but not now under the current administration. If AD wants to know the impact this man has on his players he should talk to former players, but he is too lazy to do that. Hell the GCL athletics directors meeting was hosted this year by Fenwick and he didn’t bother to show up. AD believes everyone should play and be happy. Sports don’t work that way. Kreke knows the tradition and mission of Fenwick better than anyone - he has lived it everyday ever since he has been there. AD comes to school 3 years ago and has done nothing to improve the sports programs. He will leave at the drop of a hat if he gets a better offer. AD has shown his incompetence multiple times but principal continues to ignore the issues. I hope AD and the few parents who are in his ear about Kreke get what they deserve with the next coach. What coach in his right mind would want to work for this idiot?

Read the AD quote. I challenge him to find any coach who has provided more positive transformational experience than Coach K. Former players still stay in touch with him and love him. Even those who didn’t play much or at all will tell you how much they grew under his tutelage. Had 3 kids attend Fenwick over the past 15 years. Always thought I would recommend the school to anyone, but not now under the current administration. If AD wants to know the impact this man has on his players he should talk to former players, but he is too lazy to do that. Hell the GCL athletics directors meeting was hosted this year by Fenwick and he didn’t bother to show up. AD believes everyone should play and be happy. Sports don’t work that way. Kreke knows the tradition and mission of Fenwick better than anyone - he has lived it everyday ever since he has been there. AD comes to school 3 years ago and has done nothing to improve the sports programs. He will leave at the drop of a hat if he gets a better offer. AD has shown his incompetence multiple times but principal continues to ignore the issues. I hope AD and the few parents who are in his ear about Kreke get what they deserve with the next coach. What coach in his right mind would want to work for this idiot?

I have talked to a couple coaches and they could not believe it. What you stated about his character precedes him and I hope this works out to his benefit, somehow.

Not what they are looking for when he coaches 15, but good enough to teach dozens....

This has "helicopter parents" written all over it.

So Athletic Director Mike Coleman fired Coach Kreke based on parental comments. Was the AD motivated to do this based on his attendance @ practices and games he attended? If not, then the wrong person was fired! AD-Three years @ Fenwick
Krek-Twenty Nine years @ Fenwick. Wow, Wow, Wow!
Looks to me like AD ought to hear from the silent majority whose sons played for CK & the students who attended this tradition rich program. That should be the measure of the man. Helicopter parents are running outstanding leaders from the coaching profession because of spineless administrators who don't have the guts to defend their coaches.
Who evaluates the evaluators?

Coleman is a Clown. Maybe one of the laziest ADs I have ever been around.
Shame on you Blaine.

The AD was let go at his previous job and hired late at Fenwick when they had few options. His reputation is a poor work ethic. Sad day for Fenwick.

Someone should ask why Braun's dad was so disgruntled towards Kreke… I guess these days, all it takes is a wave of the pocketbook towards Blaine and Coleman and you'll get what you want.

Splineless splineless. Splineless. And people wonder why they’re schools athletics suck !!! Go away parents. You’re an embarrassment and don’t know it. !

Are "Parent evaluation surveys" a common thing? I have never heard of our school doing this. In fact, the only times I ever hear about these is when a coach gets fired over it.

Another high school in my district maybe 3 years ago did something similar. Coach at the time hadn't been there more than maybe 2-3 years, was somewhat of a local / regional legend to some degree. AD was too spineless to do it so the principal gave a survey eval to players and parents one day after school in the library. Coach was fired the next day.

Long story short, any time the athletic admin starts using player and parent evals you better get your resume ready.

Judging Others- Mr Coleman Fenwick Athletic Director

Wonderful, wise, informed comments BBProdogy

Mr. Coleman.
Matthew 7:2-3
Judging Others

" Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and the measure you use it will be measured to you.

Why do you look at a speck of sawdust in your brother's eye, and pay no attention to the plank in your own?"

This reminds me of when West Carrollton fired Dan Gearhard. After embarrassing themselves with replacements they had to hire Dan back a few years later. Their former football coach superintendent looked like a fool.

Chaminade Great!

This reminds me of when West Carrollton fired Dan Gearhard. After embarrassing themselves with replacements they had to hire Dan back a few years later. Their former football coach superintendent looked like a fool.

Just another example of an incompetent Administration making a decision because they can. I believe Dan was the star player on a State Championship team and then starred @ Ohio State. Quality man & a well respected teacher, coach & man.

Again I ask, who evaluates the evaluators?:shrug::shrug:

Yeah. Some schools do parents evaluations. An excuse for the SPINELESS to get rid of the coach. Sick, Sick,Sick !

Sounds like a coach X could use