2019 Pittsburgh Steelers

funny how not ONE other teammate is coming out and confirming Josh Harris' story. who the f&%$ is Josh Harris anyway? what a joke.

also, Jesse James says zero about Ben. his "drama" comments have more to do with the circus that Bell and Brown created.

this stuff is just click bait for people who want their storyline about Ben being the problem to be validated when it really does NOTHING to make it true. wondering if the people who interviewed Harris even took the time to call any of the other 9 guys who were in that huddle to see if it that's what happened. i'm guessing not. "hey, this guy said this and it fits my into my story that Ben is the problem so i'll just print it." so ridiculous.

Yep. Harris was with the Steeler's 5 games? Wonder how many Browns players think their current QB is a jack?

I'm sure plenty but the difference is that TheRapist is held in a deity-like status and is enabled by the fan base & owners.

he also has two rings, has been to another Super Bowl, while the two people who left town never even got to a Super Bowl.

not really sure on the "enabled" part. they enabled the behavior of the other 2 (mostly Brown) WAY more.

once again, Ben is NOT the issue in this organization/lockerroom.

Roethlisberger is not really that popular in Pittsburgh considering his accomplishments. Many are lukewarm about him at best; I don't think he's held very highly at all. The fact a lot of Steelers fans have rushed to blame him for what's gone down this off-season is a testament to that.

There are still a lot of people who are bigger fans of Troy Polamalu and he hasn't played for 5 years.

There are still a lot of people who are bigger fans of Troy Polamalu and he hasn't played for 5 years.

Polamalu & Bettis were the only players I didn't really hate and respected their game. Also will give Villanueva props because of his service.

So you "hate" 51 players on the current Steeler roster? Its just football dude, don't take it so seriously. I don't "hate" anyone in the NFL.

So you "hate" 51 players on the current Steeler roster? Its just football dude, don't take it so seriously. I don't "hate" anyone in the NFL.

Perhaps "hate" was the wrong word. That should be directed toward their inbred fans. :laugh:

on a different note - seems the Steelers FA activity is the most i've seen in a few years. changing philosophy? more $$$ to spend? a bit of both?

just wondering.

Houston to the Colts. 2 years/ $24m. There goes that.

What's annoying is the Steelers are paying $13m in 2019 to a couple of 2nd string talents, Dupree and Chickillo.

Polamalu & Bettis were the only players I didn't really hate and respected their game. Also will give Villanueva props because of his service.

Its okay. I hate the browns just as, if not more. I would root against my own brother if he was playing for them!

on a different note - seems the Steelers FA activity is the most i've seen in a few years. changing philosophy? more $$$ to spend? a bit of both?

just wondering.

From what I've seen, it was due to necessity and part of what you said. Yes, more $$$ but also because of all of Colbert's misses in the draft. Can't draft a corner to save their lives. Easier to plug & play a FA.

The Steelers essentially lost one player, AB, from a team that underachieved and went 9-7. They did have a little bit more cap space then usual and added a few guys that might make them better. If they draft well I see do reason that can't at least go 9-7 again. Their sudden demise, I'm afraid, is being greatly overstated.

The Steelers essentially lost one player, AB, from a team that underachieved and went 9-7. They did have a little bit more cap space then usual and added a few guys that might make them better. If they draft well I see do reason that can't at least go 9-7 again. Their sudden demise, I'm afraid, is being greatly overstated.

One less than last year, but maybe the two best players at their positions in the NFL two years. That's impossible to replace. Tack on Shazier's injury and Ben's aging and it doesn't look good. The only place I have seen improvement is JuJu.

Don't get me wrong. I don't see a 4 or 5 win season, and maybe they can get to .500 or slightly better, but they're on the downward side of the football cycle. If I was a Steelers fan, I'd fear looking back on the times with Ben, AB and Bell as missed opportunities.

Of course they're missed opportunities. Tomlin's legacy will be having squandered one of the most talented teams ever put together while getting consistently owned by the Patriots because he never changed his approach, running the same losing gameplan for over a decade.

I think they should have canned him this off-season. Getting rid of the cancer players should help some but Tomlin enabled everything and his arrogance is a huge problem in coaching decisions.

Of course MT had missed opportunities, but so did Cowher.

Many look at Cowher in high regard, which is deserved, but dont think he didnt have his shortfalls and seasons when they underperformed.

Fact is, this is the NFL. Unless you have one of, if not T H E, best QB and HC ever it is just extremely difficult.

All in all, if they hired a new coach next year to replace MT and over the next 12 seasons the new HC career mirrored MT I would be 100% behind it.

Of course MT had missed opportunities, but so did Cowher.

Many look at Cowher in high regard, which is deserved, but dont think he didnt have his shortfalls and seasons when they underperformed.

Fact is, this is the NFL. Unless you have one of, if not T H E, best QB and HC ever it is just extremely difficult.

All in all, if they hired a new coach next year to replace MT and over the next 12 seasons the new HC career mirrored MT I would be 100% behind it.

I remember that a lot of what is being said about MT was said about Cowher during his run..."too much talent for one one ring."(underachiever)

I remember that a lot of what is being said about MT was said about Cowher during his run..."too much talent for one one ring."(underachiever)

Absolutely.

2-4 in AFC Championship games.

With the 4 losses being.....AT HOME.
Patriots twice. One was when BR was a rookie.
Chargers...THREE. MORE. YARDS.
Broncos: Kordell Stewart almost made the comeback but ultimately his INT near the EZ killed em.

Was at 3 of those AFC Champ games.

Some of it is just looking back in how he won the SB his second to last season, and BC is a likeable guy with fire and yelling at the players which steelers fans love!

I will admit, some of the hatred to MT is racist, much of it is his lacksadisical manner to players and losing with this generational talent.

Fact it, its tough to win in the NFL. Brees only has one SB, Rivers never been. TB/BB/NE has just been a thorn in the side of so many players, teams and coaches in the league.

No doubt. Some of the comments I've heard from Steeler fans about him would make Archie Bunker blush.

Many don't want to admit it, but it is true.

As I said before, if the Steelers got a new coach today, and over the next 12 years it mirrors MT's career in Pittsburgh I would take it in a heartbeat.
Matter of fact, I think every NFL franchise would take the next 12 years to match what MT has done if they had to chose between 'wait and see' or guaranteeing that career.

Consistency has been MT problem ... one week they look great in beating a favored team and turn around and look really bad and losing to an underdog the next week ... I really don’t know how good a coach he is ... but he is a great sound bite ... best post game press conferences ever.

You can't say people criticized Cowher for underachieving then play the race card for the same criticism of Tomlin. People who criticize Tomlin are not racist, they're just sick of watching his teams under-perform and more closely resemble a circus than football team.

Comparisons to Cowher are uneven anyway. Cowher did not have a HOF QB his entire tenor. The fact he won as much as he did with Kordell Stewart at QB is impressive.

You can't say people criticized Cowher for underachieving then play the race card for the same criticism of Tomlin. People who criticize Tomlin are not racist, they're just sick of watching his teams under-perform and more closely resemble a circus than football team.

Comparisons to Cowher are uneven anyway. Cowher did not have a HOF QB his entire tenor. The fact he won as much as he did with Kordell Stewart at QB is impressive.

Sure I can say that some of the steelers fans hatred of MT is due to racism. I didnt say all those whom hate him do so because he is black, but I have heard enough comments over the years that prove the fact that some of our fans do hate him because he is black.

True, Cowher didnt have a HOF QB, but he did lose 4 of 6 AFC Championship games at home....and to me that says he just didnt cut it in the biggest of games. Lost to Dallas in the SB, but the Cowboys were just that good so that wasn't anything to be ashamed of. The SB win was great and all, but man they didnt play very well andwere lucky to get some calls and that Sea played even worse.

Every fanbase has stupid racists. I don't see a reason to make a point of it.

Making 4 AFC championships with Neil O'Donnell and Kordell Stewart should be insta-HOF.

Every fanbase has stupid racists. I don't see a reason to make a point of it.

Making 4 AFC championships with Neil O'Donnell and Kordell Stewart should be insta-HOF.

Exactly. Not even relevant. Was all the criticism of Hue racist? I understand any little dig at Steeler fans. :rolleyes: