Manziel released, barred from other CFL teams

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
The Montreal Alouettes released quarterback Johnny Manziel on Wednesday, saying he "contravened the agreement which made him eligible to play" in the Canadian Football League.

The CFL said Manziel is not eligible to sign with another team in the league, which had his full rights for two seasons.

"We advised Montreal that Johnny had violated one of the conditions we had set for him to be in our league. And Montreal announced his release today,'' CFL commissioner Randy Ambrosie said in Vancouver. We didn't release the terms of those conditions then and we're not going to do that now.

Read more:
http://www.espn.com/cfl/story/_/id/26094839/manziel-released-barred-other-cfl-teams

I don’t like rooting for people to fail, this dbag is one of the few exceptions. It still sucks knowing he can totally fail in Football and still live a comfortable life bc of his family’s $.

My guess... He knew exactly what it would take to breach the contract and get barred from the CFL. I suspect he did it intentionally so he could get back in the US and get bigger $$$ from the XFL or whatever the other minor leagues are called.

Maybe I am giving him too much credit for being smart...

I don’t like rooting for people to fail, this dbag is one of the few exceptions. It still sucks knowing he can totally fail in Football and still live a comfortable life bc of his family’s $.

Why does that bug you?

I'm serious, you cannot make this stuff up. And the sad part is no one is shocked with what this guy has done??? And yet he won a heisman, got drafted and actually played a few games???

And how odd is it that the CFL can be so vague on his release?? Then have two year ban?? Imagine the crying that would happen down here if it was the NFL? Kaep situation?

Pboy

They arent as loaded as many think. I also doubt he is even in the will....

Why would he not be in the will? And even if they’re not “as loaded” as believed, they’re still “loaded” to some degree.

He’s always been an arrogant tool, bc his parents, coaches, and teammates coddled him.

And how odd is it that the CFL can be so vague on his release?? Then have two year ban?? Imagine the crying that would happen down here if it was the NFL? Kaep situation?

Right. This is EXACTLY like the "Kaep situation". :laugh::laugh:

How can you possibly come up with these conclusions?

Why would he not be in the will? And even if they’re not “as loaded” as believed, they’re still “loaded” to some degree.

He’s always been an arrogant tool, bc his parents, coaches, and teammates coddled him.

Check PM

Before ESPN showed Zion cam of him sitting on the bench and describing what he ate for breakfast that day, they would've covered this on all their talking head shows. 3-4 years ago this is a top story.

Either way, can't say im surprised.