River Rouge HS (River Rouge, Michigan -Looking for games

Hello River Rouge HS just outside of Detroit MI is looking for games for Week 1 and Weeks 7 and Week 8. School is approximately 1000 students and we are looking to play a similar size school or larger. Please forward or send us all serious requests. Thanks!

According to the schedule information posted on here the following schools might be open in weeks 1, 7, and 8 and are 1000 students or larger. All of these schools I am sure would be more than willing to schedule a game.

Week 1- Cleveland St. Ignatius, Cincinnati Moeller, Cincinnati St. Xavier, Akron Archbishop Hoban

Week 7- Cleveland St. Ignatius, Lakewood St. Edward, Massillon Washington

Week 8- Lakewood St. Edward

Last edited:
Looks like St. Edward is only open Week 2, and Ignatius open just Weeks 4 & 6.

Week 4 River Rouge @ Shaw

RRFootball: The thread at the top of this forum will help you. "2019 Schedules" D1/R2, D2/R6 and D3/R10 are closest to you. I found a few that might help Rouge beef up their schedule and there were a couple week 7.

Contacts: Googling school name athletic director would be a reliable way to get contact.

RRFootball, our Pubic urbans, which have most of the schedule openings rarely make play-offs like Cass or King. Cinci and Akron maybe being exceptions. Cleveland St Ed or Iggy will be comparable to Catholic Central or DiSalle.

Cleveland Glenville will bring a competitive game and they look like they have openings throughout their schedule. BUT they are currently under probation for out-of-district players so how that will affect their enrollment/competitiveness is up in the air. Others I found.

D1/R2
wk 1Dublin Coffman. They will be competitive (and rich).
wk 1Gahanna Lincoln. ditto
D1/R3
wk 1Clayton Northmont
wk 1Pickerington Central has played Cass in the past and will be competitive.

D2/R5
wk 1Akron Hoban: think Eastern Mich Univ on a good day.
wk 7 Columbus Northland: THIS might be an interesting matchup.
wk 7 Massilon Washinton: very strong team with long Ohio tradition.

D3
wk 1 Columbus St. Francis DeSales
wk 1 Dayton Carroll

River Rouge was in the D3 play-offs. They played champ King tough and have several large wins againt Detroit Public but got destroyed by D1 Cass. Detroit Football can be a difficult comparison to Ohio football. Rouge will bring athletes but not a consistent schedule of preparaton. Plus they like to raise fists at the NA, so might want to avoid the more ... 'conservative' teams. lol

Thank you for the feedback! I’m going to search for AD contact info now.

That link TrackleTrap provided has emails. Since it's OHSAA, it should be more up-to-date than the thread here and it is organized by week. Very convenient.

Week 1 has several good possibilities. Huron, is closest to you and though D4 has a good program and facilities. Being week 1, you could even sneak in a day at Cedar Point. ;) Bishop Hartley is probably the strongest program in that group and they also have an opening week 7. Both say open to home or away.

If want a look at recent W-L and strength of schedule for a school, best google would be

School name Joe Eitel 2018

good luck

OHSAA has an open-date page for football...

https://www.ohsaa.org/OpenDates#203351-football
In Ohio D-I is the big school and then tiers down to D-VII for the smallest schools.

From menu OHSAA you can find contact info under the School Directory hot-button.

:>---

EGA

That's the one he's been using.
Everytime we email a coach from that site, they always say they are booked up. Now currently looking for week 1 7 and 8

It's either not being updated or they're blowing smoke about not being available. I seem to recall Toledo teams playing River Rouge and Ecorse, just south. I could see they would want to upgrade. I think it would be a good schedule for an Ohio team. Hope he finds that game.

It's either not being updated or they're blowing smoke about not being available. I seem to recall Toledo teams playing River Rouge and Ecorse, just south. I could see they would want to upgrade. I think it would be a good schedule for an Ohio team. Hope he finds that game.

Whats the toledo school? I'll search and see if I can find the AD info.

Week1: open
Week2: East English Village
Week3: Hamtramck
Week4: ClevelandShaw
Week5: University Prep
Week6: Harper Woods
Week7: open
Week8: Detroit Catholic Central
Week9: Southfield

Might help if you tell us who you've contacted off this link?
https://www.ohsaa.org/OpenDates#203351-football

Week 1: Bishop Hartley is still showing an opening and they'd be a good match-up for you. They've played Toledo Central Catholic week 1 the last two years so I know they're willing to make the travel.

Huron is also showing a willingness to home and home, they're not far from you at all, made play-offs last year and are showing a week one opening.

If the link is wrong, at least maybe someone will update it if they see you're having difficulties.

Louisville has a week 8 opening. 845 students and were 6-4 in D3 last season.

3.5 hour drive from River Rouge.

Just looking for a week 7 game now. Any teams looking for a week 7 opponent please get in contact with us ASAP. Thank you.