Ohio State Recruiting

A lot of moving parts on the fluid QB transfer market. Besides the already announced Kelly Bryant to Mizzou and Justin Fields it looks like Jaylen Hurts, Brandon Wimbush, and Deondre Francois will be moving on too. Hurts & Wimbush have holes in their games but nobody really knows what Francois can do because his OL was really bad. And it looks like B1G schools are at the top of the list when it comes to looking at these players: Wiscy, Penn State, & tOSU have all been linked to potential free agent QBs. WVU & Auburn (if Stidham leaves) could also be in the market.

Yes college football has turned into free agency with the NCAA liberalizing the transfer rule esp. among QB's.

Garrett Wilson, Harry Miller and Doug Nester looked really good in the Army All American game. Zach Harrison looked raw but is physically impressive. Several Buckeye recruits played in the game making it interesting to watch.

Garrett Wilson, Harry Miller and Doug Nester looked really good in the Army All American game. Zach Harrison looked raw but is physically impressive. Several Buckeye recruits played in the game making it interesting to watch.

Clay meet your sculptor>
LarryJohnsonPractice.jpg

That is a nice surprise to pick up the kid from Hawaii. Is that a first? Also, his mission work has to take place between the ages of 19-26. But, it sounds like he will do it after frosh year. Any word on the Jones kid?

That is a nice surprise to pick up the kid from Hawaii. Is that a first? Also, his mission work has to take place between the ages of 19-26. But, it sounds like he will do it after frosh year. Any word on the Jones kid?

I heard that may not have to take the mission trip, so who knows.

Good work by Coach Day to do a very nasty round trip in the same day to Hawaii to get Vimahi. Just doing one half of the trip between CMH->LAX->HNL is bad enough in one day. Doing the full round trip in one day is unimaginable to me.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio...kk-vimahi-in-just-one-month-of-recruiting-him

Here's the deal on the whole mission thing.

A Mormon, Vimahi is also dedicated to his faith, which made it important for him to choose a school that would support him in that regard, as well. Vimahi plans to go on a two-year mission following his first year at Ohio State, which means the Buckeyes will likely be without him for the 2020 and 2021 seasons. Day understands that, though, and said Ohio State will not stand in Vimahi’s way if that’s what he decides to do.

“It's something that he and his family will decide kind of at the end of this year and go from there,” Day said. “If they decide that they want to go for a two-year mission, then we'll support that. He'd go away for two years, and then come back.”

Obviously, he has the size but I hope it wasn't just take an Ohio kid just because he's an Ohio kid.

Curious to see if he now becomes a 4 star prospect because of his OSU commitment.

First off I'm biased on leroux from Norwalk I know him personally but he moves great for a guy his size. The kid can do the splits plus they had him pulling to the right side last year and he had no problem getting to the other side of the field I'm guessing he'll only get more agile while at Ohio State the kid has tons of potential.

Curious to see if he now becomes a 4 star prospect because of his OSU commitment.

OL and DL are the toughest position groups to project to the next level. The kid is still probably growing into his body and as a Frosh or Sophomore maybe he didn't have the key aspects like proper foot work or flexibility at the knees which is now considered more important than straight line speed or camp performance in shorts and T-Shirts for OL. There are a lot of linemen that come out of nowhere with these types of offers and all it takes is one person to see the potential on a massive frame. Unfortunately tape doesn't do it because they usually over power their much smaller opponents in HS so the national recruiting guys don't hype a prospect as much and have to go on the judgement of the coaches to try to properly rank a OL or DL recruit.

I totally agree with those statements, but my point is that in the past guys that were 3 star players suddenly become 4 star when they commit to big time programs.

I totally agree with those statements, but my point is that in the past guys that were 3 star players suddenly become 4 star when they commit to big time programs.

And offers come from other top-tier schools soon after, especially after a guy like Meyer or Saban offers. That's like a universal stamp of approval in the business.

And offers come from other top-tier schools soon after, especially after a guy like Meyer or Saban offers. That's like a universal stamp of approval in the business.

It is like everyone is scared to make that first offer, then once it happens the flood gates open.

It was a busy weekend for tOSU recruiting as Student Appreciation Day is becoming a big spring event for prospective players. Plenty of high level recruits in Columbus but alas no verbal commits. One thing that came out though is there is recruit MILF alert. While tOSU is not very high on his list and he is actually trending UM Los Angeles area QB, Miller Moss, brought along his mom to check out a couple Midwest schools while on break>

Ds4FGzAU0AAfow2.jpg

DvPC6_TV4AA9CJY.jpg

:clap:

I just read that the younger brother of Michael Doss just got offered by Ohio State. Talk about a huge gap in age, I think Mike graduated from OSU in 2002.

This was more about the new defensive assistant coaches and the hybrid LB/Safety "bullet" position that tOSU will now be employing than Day. Dude wants to play in the NFL and tOSU gives him the best chance in his mind.

Just saw that article on ESPN, rating top ten suppliers in each position. I was surprised OSU not higher in some of the offensive categories but the D side of the ball was impressive. Tressel legacy I'd say set the standard.

A couple quick recruiting takes:

1) Class of 2020 is very solid outside of RB. Should be a top 5 class headlined by a great group of WRs.

2) The class of 2021 is starting to take shape. Day got his QB in Kyle McCord and has locked down 4 of the top 5 Ohio players, all in the top 125 nationally. I would suspect he now works on the national players fill in position groups of need.