The Official 2019 Cleveland Indians Thread

Santana >= Edwin, IMO
Seattle gave Cleveland $6M in cash as well.
Bauers supposed to be a decent prospect to replace Yandy

Bauers badly needs a hitting coach to help him through an adjustment.

Reports are that "the league has figured him out, and now it's his turn". When everybody got a book on Bauers' swing, they shut him off. The bottom fell out at the end of the season. Yandy can't elevate the ball. Two flawed hitters at the moment.

We don't have a real 4-hole in the line-up. The pressure to keep (9,)1-3 off the bases slipped away a bit. That matters. We are back to where we were before signing Edwin a few years back in that regard.

We are now actually on the hook for more salary in 2020 than we were, but we now do control more young talent.

They can't be done.

Cut payroll they told us all along. So I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The infield,outfield and relief in the pen are all much weaker then the team that finished the season.Who can they get with their Budget?

Tribe fans being reminded of the inequities of MLB this offseason. As long as there is no hard cap (or ceiling/floor) then this is what baseball is. Big market and smaller market teams have to operate differently. We will never be the Yankees or Dodgers where we can spend to the sky. Instead of whining about owner being cheap I would actually applaud the front offices for keeping teams like the Tribe and A's and Brewers competitive in this era. The Indians still have great starting pitching and Frank and Jose and will win 88-90 games and probably win the Central again. Will they flame out in playoffs against more powerful and deeper teams?? Probably but there is always that chance that they get hot and win 11 games in October. They won 10 in 2016.

Tribe fans being reminded of the inequities of MLB this offseason. As long as there is no hard cap (or ceiling/floor) then this is what baseball is. Big market and smaller market teams have to operate differently. We will never be the Yankees or Dodgers where we can spend to the sky. Instead of whining about owner being cheap I would actually applaud the front offices for keeping teams like the Tribe and A's and Brewers competitive in this era. The Indians still have great starting pitching and Frank and Jose and will win 88-90 games and probably win the Central again. Will they flame out in playoffs against more powerful and deeper teams?? Probably but there is always that chance that they get hot and win 11 games in October. They won 10 in 2016.

Well said. As a Reds fan, we are in similar position as far as salary budget. I wish our front office had done half as well as the Indian's front office.

I just heard Adam "The Fool" Gerstenhaber, afternoon hack on 92.3, discount Omar Vizquel's career .985 fielding success because "it's an old school stat that doesn't mean that much".

Vizquel was grabbing balls bare-handed and making plays few others could on a regular basis.

What an idiot. I guess he needs callers. I won't call the moron. I'd rather he twists in the wind like a fat pinata :D

Jordan Luplow in left, Leonys Martin playing center and Tyler Naquin in right with Greg Allen as the 4th OF option. That OF is not going to strike the fear in many eyes.

I just heard Adam "The Fool" Gerstenhaber, afternoon hack on 92.3, discount Omar Vizquel's career .985 fielding success because "it's an old school stat that doesn't mean that much".

Vizquel was grabbing balls bare-handed and making plays few others could on a regular basis.

What an idiot. I guess he needs callers. I won't call the moron. I'd rather he twists in the wind like a fat pinata :D

I have a hard time listening to a Cub fan tell me all about the Indians....I am not a fan of "The Tool"

I heard that. I stared at the radio waiting for him to say he was joking. He wasn't. All the comment did for me was realize what an imbecile he is. I'm new to listening to that station, so I haven't quite decided where I'm at with their on-air personalities, although I do enjoy Ken Carman.

I switched over because I just can't take WKNR's Aaron Goldhammer and his shameless self-promotion and weak- takes anymore, and I have tired of Tony Rizzo bitching about he much he works. But anyone who doesn't give Vizquel his due as one of the top fielding shortstops in major league history instantly loses credibility, and I don't care if he's broadcasting in Cleveland, Ohio, Cleveland, Minnesota, or Cleveland Mississippi. It's just plain dumb.

Jordan Luplow in left, Leonys Martin playing center and Tyler Naquin in right with Greg Allen as the 4th OF option. That OF is not going to strike the fear in many eyes.

You forgot the wall crasher,lots of speed out there.

But anyone who doesn't give Vizquel his due as one of the top fielding shortstops in major league history instantly loses credibility...

Exactly right. I'm a Reds fan but acknowledge Omar's glove excellence. How can you not?

I am still hoping to see at least one more bat added to this lineup. They have some potential position versatility, so it could be a DH, OF, 2nd or 3rd basemen.

Not to mention, I feel like they need one more late inning right handed bullpen arm. The likes of Cimber, Goody, Ramirez, Ottero and anyone else does not excite me.

Heard it. Ridiculous. Omar is HOF by any standards.

Anyone fortunate enough to see the Omar/Robbie Alomar pairing for a few years should count themselves fortunate. We will likely never see a greater keystone combo ever again in baseball. We never saw one prior. Concepcion/Morgan...Trammell/Whitaker...and several other great combos take a backseat to the Omar/Robbie pairing. The others win on longevity, though.