Bowl Season

A lot of talk about how this year's bowls were not very good because of the 4 team playoff and that if a good team did not get in they just don't mean much so why make a big effort if not needed? Also a lot of debate about the 4 team vs 8 team format with the ESPN honks all for keeping the 4 team format because of the blowouts. I am OK with that but the schedules then need to be more egalitarian with 9 game conference requirements and no FCS games at all.

Or maybe tonight Texas is just better than UGA, still plenty of game left. If Fromm doesn't start playing better, Fields may yet get to play.

UGA had some of their best players sit. IDK, I waver bw both narratives. Texas was better in every single phase of the game, but I can’t ignore UGA pushing Bama to the brink. Plus, Texas still lost 4 games, including one to MD.

My gut feeling, at full capacity, UGA is better, but it’s impossible to quantify.

I can’t get a real read on From as a QB. He has some amazing games (w/amazing talent), but he’s also laid an egg in some big games. I could see him just as easily being a 1st round pick in ‘20 or a mid round pick in ‘21. It feels like he’s somewhere bw Matt Stafford and Aaron Murray

Havent looked but since I'm here....are there any BS bulls from now until Monday like they used to do?

Man those were worthless.

A lot of talk about how this year's bowls were not very good because of the 4 team playoff and that if a good team did not get in they just don't mean much so why make a big effort if not needed? Also a lot of debate about the 4 team vs 8 team format with the ESPN honks all for keeping the 4 team format because of the blowouts. I am OK with that but the schedules then need to be more egalitarian with 9 game conference requirements and no FCS games at all.

I'm really shocked that I seem alone in my advocacy of a 6 team format. Although we'd still likely end up at 1 v. 2, ND v.tOSU and OK v. UGa with winners meeting 1 and 2 would have made for a more entertaining playoff.

I can’t get a real read on From as a QB. He has some amazing games (w/amazing talent), but he’s also laid an egg in some big games. I could see him just as easily being a 1st round pick in ‘20 or a mid round pick in ‘21. It feels like he’s somewhere bw Matt Stafford and Aaron Murray

Jake Fromm = meh

I'm really shocked that I seem alone in my advocacy of a 6 team format. Although we'd still likely end up at 1 v. 2, ND v.tOSU and OK v. UGa with winners meeting 1 and 2 would have made for a more entertaining playoff.

I am for it as well.

The general idea is the top 2 get a bye, but I heard something on the radio locally a few weeks ago that I first thought was terrible, then changed my mind.

1 v 6
2 v 5
3 v 4.

All at home sites.

The TOP seed remaining gets a bye to the champ round.

I hate it at first...but liked it the more I thought about it. The reasoning is that we may know what we THINK is the best teams, but to totally earn a bye you need to first win a playoff game because we dont quite know what teams are the best when no one plays eachother and common opponants are rare.

8 almost seems....too many teams.

Jake Fromm is in the process of running a second #1 QB recruit (Fields) out of Athens. Either he has a lot of game or Kirby Smart is an idiot.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Anything is better than the current format. The fact UGA came with in 2 minutes of Bammy shows their not infallible like some posters make them out to be.

Jake Fromm is in the process of running a second #1 QB recruit (Fields) out of Athens. Either he has a lot of game or Kirby Smart is an idiot.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The Jake Fromm that played in the SEC Title game can play, the one from last night, not so much.

Smart picking Fromm over Fields could be the defining point of his tenure.

I’ve been advocating for a 6-team playoff for a few years now

Conference records this bowl season :

Big 12: 4-3 (.571)
Big Ten: 5-4 (.556)
SEC: 6-5 (.545)
ACC: 5-5 (.500)
Pac-12: 3-4 (.429)

PCT. wise the mighty SEC is third with one game to play.

And if Alabama wins, then the SEC is in first. Not a big deal either way though, as I really don't understand why people care about conference bowl games records anyway...

Big XII is actually 3-1 against the SEC (surprised me), 1-1 against the PAC 12 and 0-1 against the ACC.
B1G is 1-3 against the SEC, 2-1 against the PAC 12 and 2-0 against the ACC.

I’d say SEC is still the best conference in FBS, but they are not at another level above all other conf. Right now you have Clemson...... then BAMA........UGA,OSU,OK,TEXAS who ever else you want to stick with these guys... then everyone else.

SEC is still the best conference. B1G is 2nd. ACC is bad except Clemson. Big XII is garbage besides Oklahoma. Pac 12 is bringing up the rear.

Their is a lot more parity between the conferences than what some of the media portrays their is.

This is correct .... just because the top teams in a conference are better than other top team from other conferences does mean that conference is the best ... just look at Clemson ... they are great ... ACC is average(as is most of the conferences)

FWIW OSU finishes 3rd in final AP Poll. I still wish they would have left the bowl games alone and picked the two best teams ( from a consensus of polls ) after bowl season was over for a Championship game. Better than having a committee pick the teams.